• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jussi had on his Instagram stories videoclip where he was visiting Emporio Armani showroom at ISPO trade show. Maybe Discmania is going to be collaboratin with Emporio Armani? Didn't Simon wear Emporios polos last season?

That would be an interesting partnership. I don't see too many people wearing $150 sweatpants at my local course. Maybe that would work in the European market?

Maybe Discmania is going to be collaboratin with Emporio Armani?

I feel like the Venn Diagram that is "Disc Golfers" and "People Who Buy and Wear Armani" is just two circles on two separate sheets of paper.

I'd be really bummed if this is the big surprise. If they want to sell me clothes, all they need to do is make more gray hoodies...

DGWT and Discmania apparel is already pretty pricy.

What do I know though. I scoff at a new (looking) hoodie that I want at a thrift store for $6

I think it's great for disc golf in general. Not just for Discmania only throwers. New discs, new plastic, more options.

I think it's great for disc golf in general. Not just for Discmania only throwers. New discs, new plastic, more options.

Did we really need more options. The market is super saturated as it is. As a vendor it is impossible to carry every disc from every manufacturer let alone even half of them.

You could say that every time Innova or any company for that matter makes a new disc. Am I right?

You could say that every time Innova or any company for that matter makes a new disc. Am I right?

Very much so. I think there is a growing number of people who would rather see the big companies stop putting out new discs and focus more on perfecting the molding process and their plastics. But they have to get people to buy things somehow.

I agree, the market is saturated, but I feel there are way more people willing to shell out money to buy the latest and greatest than there are people that want the market trimmed down and perfected.

I agree, the market is saturated, but I feel there are way more people willing to shell out money to buy the latest and greatest than there are people that want the market trimmed down and perfected.

100%, its like this in all industries. New cars, new phones, its all the same. The newest is always the "best"

I truly believe its mainly not for us.* Its setting up for the emerging markets in Europe and in China (Asia). Not having to ship everything from the US gives them a better margin.

*Of course, it does not hurt if established Discmaniacs do pick up discs from those lines too (or if a Lat64 /Yikun sympathiser tries them out), but they would not be making that big of an investment to be banking only on existing markets.

People seem to be all over the place with this announcement. DM knows their media game.

Discmania Support Reply

I truly believe its mainly not for us.* Its setting up for the emerging markets in Europe and in China (Asia). Not having to ship everything from the US gives them a better margin.

*Of course, it does not hurt if established Discmaniacs do pick up discs from those lines too (or if a Lat64 /Yikun sympathiser tries them out), but they would not be making that big of an investment to be banking only on existing markets.

People seem to be all over the place with this announcement. DM knows their media game.

It certainly has created quite the buzz for sure! #yearofevolution is upon us. I think that in time, people that take some time to digest the info that had doubts in the beginning, will appreciate the opportunity to expand the disc golf horizon.

So are you guys done making new discs with Innova? That sucks if that is the case.

From their website..

https://www.discmania.net/blogs/discover/discmania-partners-with-innova-latitude64-and-yikun said:
First launching in 2006, the Discmania Originals, manufactured by Innova, include many industry favorites such as the P2, FD, and PD. The same Discmania discs you have in your bag today will continue to be available.

Sounds like they will continue to produce discs with Innova... They just released the prototype DD3 and I think its going to be a huge success.

Here's my take on it.. personally one of the reasons I love DM because I feel like they have taken the best from Innova's offerings and improved upon them. I think they have been wildly successful in their recent marketing strategies and sales goals over the past year and are rightfully looking to push their presence into additional regions and marketplaces. Hopefully, with the same intent of taking the best from each manufacturer and releasing their own "improved" versions. This should benefit us DM throwers as we will be able to fill gaps in our existing lineup all while utilizing the best offerings from additional manufactures.

At first I thought this would only saturate the marketplace but I think it will be more regionally pushed and hopefully the cream of the crop from each region will push themselves into each others marketplaces. I'm pretty excited to see if the DM sponsored players in other regions start bagging these and how their reviews will fare.

But please, please DM finish re-tooling the FD2 and do a huge run of DD3's cause those are going to sell like hotcakes.

Please clarify something for me.

Discmania's announcement says that the Original line will continue to be manufactured by Innova, and that the Evolution line will be manufactured by Latitude 64. That's clear enough.

However, when it comes to the Active line, it says that the discs will be "produced in collaboration with Yikun," which is different wording from the other two lines. Who is manufacturing the Active line? Yikun or some other arrangement?

Discmania Support Reply

Please clarify something for me.

Discmania's announcement says that the Original line will continue to be manufactured by Innova, and that the Evolution line will be manufactured by Latitude 64. That's clear enough.

However, when it comes to the Active line, it says that the discs will be "produced in collaboration with Yikun," which is different wording from the other two lines. Who is manufacturing the Active line? Yikun or some other arrangement?

Yikun will be making a beginner line of base line plastics for us to begin with. These won't be as appealing to the avid golfer but rather beginning enthusiasts ready to embark on a new hobby. Although some of the discs won't be suitable for experts, the plastic feels amazing and the putters for sure will begin to work their way into lots of golfers bags.

So are you guys done making new discs with Innova? That sucks if that is the case.

Nothing with Innova has changed. New molds will continue to be produced, your favorite specialty runs will continue, and all of the good stuff you are fond of aren't going anywhere! We are just adding two more manufacturer to appeal to even more golfers and add even more options for you to choose from.

Discmania Support Reply

From their website..

Sounds like they will continue to produce discs with Innova... They just released the prototype DD3 and I think its going to be a huge success.

Here's my take on it.. personally one of the reasons I love DM because I feel like they have taken the best from Innova's offerings and improved upon them. I think they have been wildly successful in their recent marketing strategies and sales goals over the past year and are rightfully looking to push their presence into additional regions and marketplaces. Hopefully, with the same intent of taking the best from each manufacturer and releasing their own "improved" versions. This should benefit us DM throwers as we will be able to fill gaps in our existing lineup all while utilizing the best offerings from additional manufactures.

At first I thought this would only saturate the marketplace but I think it will be more regionally pushed and hopefully the cream of the crop from each region will push themselves into each others marketplaces. I'm pretty excited to see if the DM sponsored players in other regions start bagging these and how their reviews will fare.

But please, please DM finish re-tooling the FD2 and do a huge run of DD3's cause those are going to sell like hotcakes.

Don't worry, they're coming! The DD3 will be made soon with a projected release date of early April. FD2 will follow around that time frame as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts