• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are having a hard time differentiating between a company and a manufacturer.

DiscMania isn't a manufacturer, and Jussi said in his live stream that he doesn't want to be. There's a handful of manufacturers and up until today, each company only used 1 manufacturer - and did a really good job creating loyalty.

Maybe too good at the loyalty game when it was tied to their manufacturer.

Jussi has always had his sights higher than just the USA. DGWT, etc. Disc golf is a great option for a global sport - and he's not worried about this year, he's looking 10-20 years out, and he's going to kill it in the rest of the world, and keep gaining in the USA too.

Who's excited to see DiscMania tooling on the bottom of their DiscMania Instinct?

These look incredible. And it looks like DiscMania is liking my color scheme! Thanks guys - seems like 1 in 100 will buy a red or green disc from me - pink, blue, dayglow, white fly off the shelves. Nice job making what people want!

I truly hope they aren't just hyping these as the "more stable fd". I'm still super interested in getting one. I'm personally excited for this move and can't wait to see what it brings.

From what I gather, think Explorer or 2nd run FD. I guess we'll never know until they're actually released though.

Following the successful launch of the swirly DD's do you guys plan on any other plastic releases for the DD other than what is currently offered? Maybe a glow or luster???

This is just some feedback from a true fan, we got to find something other than swirly s line as a special release plastic. There's no doubt that we get a few gems out of each run, but for every one of those there are 20 yellowish tan sand color and nobody wants those. They don't even have swirls, they are just earth color. I know the dd3 is coming out with swirly and s line, and will probably sell well. But these CD3 do not look good. Would have rather seen another 1000 Night Strike II run instead. Just honest opinion.

Glow and Color glow is great, we get the different colors and you don't get any yellowish sand.

we got to find something other than swirly s line as a special release plastic. There's no doubt that we get a few gems out of each run, but for every one of those there are 20 yellowish tan sand color and nobody wants those. They don't even have swirls, they are just earth color. I know the dd3 is coming out with swirly and s line, and will probably sell well. But these CD3 do not look good. Would have rather seen another 1000 Night Strike II run instead. Just honest opinion.

Glow and Color glow is great, we get the different colors and you don't get any yellowish sand.

Not that this is necessarily DM's fault, but Innova's swirl game is severely lacking compared to other manufacturers right now.

But I totally agree. For every sweet looking swirly disc that you see, there's 20 others that just look like blah...

That said, I'm looking forward to the NS2 release next month :D

This is just some feedback from a true fan, we got to find something other than swirly s line as a special release plastic. There's no doubt that we get a few gems out of each run, but for every one of those there are 20 yellowish tan sand color and nobody wants those. They don't even have swirls, they are just earth color. I know the dd3 is coming out with swirly and s line, and will probably sell well. But these CD3 do not look good. Would have rather seen another 1000 Night Strike II run instead. Just honest opinion.

This was one of the reasons why I switched from DM/Innova discs to Trilogy/Discraft two years ago. For example Swirly S-CD2 was one of my favourite molds back then, but hard to buy or find. And when they stocked up at Innovastore for that mold, every S-CD2's I ordered from them was ugly earth colored or reminded me of dog barf. And they cost that 20 euros each. Yes, a few of those swirly discs are very nice looking and maybe worth of that extra 4-6 euros/dollars, but most of them are just ugly looking discs that will easily disappear to ground and a way for DM/Innova to make more money from the discs.

Discmania Support Reply

Always a valid point and definitely a hot topic amongst collectors always. I think the most publicized pictures are either people that get the best ones ever and want to show the world or people that get ones that are brown. Naturally it's always a gamble and everyone has different tastes. The majority of people get discs somewhere in the middle of the spectrum and are happy with they got and don't see much of a need to post them online. I'd also say that despite the ever growing market of collectors and social media posting, there's probably a large amount of people not in these groups showing off plastic and therefore skews the perception of how many beautiful ones get made.

However, we always strive to make something special in each plastic at a time, or at least following one another. Swirl, Metal Flake, Glow, etc. and not rely solely on just making swirl plastic only.

Following the successful launch of the swirly DD's do you guys plan on any other plastic releases for the DD other than what is currently offered? Maybe a glow or luster???

The DD unfortunately is probably going away for good. It breaks some hearts, some of ours included, but we will replace anything that no longer is made with a fresh new take on other molds and have the same flight characteristics in mind. This may not always be the case but new molds are definitely a big goal this year.

You guys need to do another run of black P line P2's

Black doesn't come around often but we'll see what we can do in the next batch. It won't be for a couple of months though unfortunately.

I truly hope they aren't just hyping these as the "more stable fd". I'm still super interested in getting one. I'm personally excited for this move and can't wait to see what it brings.

These things are amazing. It's very hard to directly compare anything to a 2nd run FD, but these are more stable without a doubt, comparative glide, great grip, and probably a little faster too

No more DD?? Ouch. Oh well. I have a large stash. I'm interested to see what this year brings.

Oh wow.. DD no more? They are the overstable Wraith I look for.

What other molds are going away if you don't mind answering? P3, DD2 or TD heading for the chopping block?

Oh wow.. DD no more? They are the overstable Wraith I look for.

What other molds are going away if you don't mind answering? P3, DD2 or TD heading for the chopping block?

Better not be the TD. Everyone wants to buy em, as soon as I get them in stock they sell out. Just need to MAKE em.

Discmania Support Reply

We know it's no fun to have molds go away from a lineup. We also know it's less fun to hear stories about these possibilities and never get a sure-fire answer on them. We'll be working on those details and informing everyone soon about this information roughly by the end of the month.

Naturally we'll be pursuing new molds to improve upon and although we won't strive to imitate old molds being removed, I'd expect some of them will for sure find a nice home in those open slots.

We know it's no fun to have molds go away from a lineup. We also know it's less fun to hear stories about these possibilities and never get a sure-fire answer on them. We'll be working on those details and informing everyone soon about this information roughly by the end of the month.

Naturally we'll be pursuing new molds to improve upon and although we won't strive to imitate old molds being removed, I'd expect some of them will for sure find a nice home in those open slots.

Sensing some big changes in store from this one..

Discmania Support Reply

Sensing some big changes in store from this one..

I suppose some could think so. Some of our molds just need to be freshened up a bit. Everything we made has been with a purpose and all are great discs. Some of them just gained more exposure than others and rose quickly to the top. The P3 is a good example of this. We'll just be freeing up some space in our lineup to make room for some new ones! No major changes are coming in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.