• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be possible that on the business end there are advantages to having the facility in Sweden vs Finland? Same reason why the DM US facility moved from Cali to Colorado a couple years ago.

I'd be curious if DM will be doing their own design moving forward, or an agreement where Tomas still does the design, but DM owns the molds afterwards.

Gotta figure they learned from the difficulties of the Innova relationship and took steps to avoid them this time around.

What would they say besides "good luck, it's been great, blah blah blah" none of which they would actually mean.

They could at least be a good sport and say that.

Never thought a day at the roundy piece of plastic business that is my hobby could be this exciting

Lets hope Worlds delivers on the excitement front too

They could say. . "if you want the real Originals and not wait for a copy we are going to make those originals under a new name for Infinite"

.....not that i think that+s going to happen.....but they COULD do it

oh, it is definitely going to happen!:popcorn::popcorn:

Why else would a Finnish brand make their discs in a small town in Sweden. . a town that just happens to be the home of Lat64?

The only link to Sweden that Discmania have is Lat64. . .wierd place to build a new factory if their plan is to break of from Lat64

Yupp and it's like 200 meters between the factories , they are more or less on the same street (not same street name tho )

I would think that Innova actually referencing the OL names in any promotion material for newly named discs released by them or Infinite could constitute trademark infringement.

But, I am not a lawyer.

I would think that Innova actually referencing the OL names in any promotion material for newly named discs released by them or Infinite could constitute trademark infringement.

But, I am not a lawyer.

yeah for sure, its probably going to be more of a "wink wink" situation from Infinite like they do when the release their discs and tell us they are "similar" to a Coyote (Anubis). They'll release something and say its "similar" to the beloved Discmania FD or something like that.

yeah for sure, its probably going to be more of a "wink wink" situation from Infinite like they do when the release their discs and tell us they are "similar" to a Coyote (Anubis). They'll release something and say its "similar" to the beloved Discmania FD or something like that.

Innova and it's partners referencing other Innova products is one thing. them coming out with a a disc and marketing it as "just like a Buzzz" would be different.

Say you advertised your theme park and said you had an indoor roller coaster with a space theme, "Galaxy Peak, like Space Mountain", I think Disney would come after you pretty hard. And that's without the whole prior relationship between Innova and Discmania wherein Discmania owned the names of the discs. If Innova actually referenced those names when marketing the "new" discs, it would certainly be infringing on Discmania's IP. I would assume they'd have a case that Innova was intending to use DM's trademark for their own gain.

What's the saying? You can put feathers on your back but you're still not a chicken?

You can try and copy a P2, but it's still not a P2..

Hats of the DM guys for finally pulling off their own production. It will be interesting to see how the plastic compares/holds up. Impressive facility they have on their hands and well produced video introducing it. Makes you wonder why their distribution center is in Colorado, with this most likely being in their long term goal planning. Should have setup shop near one of the east coast ports.

Sale and ISO posts will be a fun mouthful now - ISO of Innova Produced d-line P2 from 2015 with the mini store stamp penned.

Last edited:
So does "reinvented" mean new plastic/manufacturer or does it mean new mold entirely (+old name)? I've been combing the thread/video and can't seem to find a definitive answer, unless I missed it or lost my Lucky Charms decoder ring…

Somewhat related question, but is there a list out there of what disc names are trademarked? For example, a cursory search shows Teebird as being trademarked.

Was curious as to which disc names are protected, and how that would apply here.

While bumbling around it seems the Discmania crest has a figurative trademark owned by Innova Champion Europe. Don't think I understand things well enough to know the implications, or whether I'm overlooking something.

Status
Not open for further replies.