• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wholesale customers can order P2's tomorrow for delivery in September.

Their demand is going to exceed their supply for quite some time I would imagine- same as everyone else in the industry.

Really happy to see DM take matters into their own hands and make the right decision. Producing their own discs was the right call and allows them to control everything now! Which keeps Simon and Eagle with them, and I'm sure most people that said they "left for good" will probably come back once they see how good the new plastic and discs are.

Obviously, still no idea IF they are good or not, but I don't think they'd invest so much money into a new production facility, only to make discs nobody wants. Seems exciting and hopefully they can keep up with the demand for the discs as they are released. AND keep prices reasonable. Great start for DM for sure, now lets see if they can back it up with good plastic, good molds, fair prices and have plenty of stock for everyone :thmbup:

Wonder what Innova thinks of this? . . and Lat64, if Discmania can make the Original by them self, why not make ALL the disc them self?

Or is it Lat 64 that have helped Discmania to set up this new factory?

Sounds like Latitude will be out of the Discmania biz soon. Press release said Discmania will be making the Evolution line in house.

After they get the stock up for alla the Originals. . .wonder if they have plan for any "new "new Originals" ? ...lets say a P4

Sounds like Latitude will be out of the Discmania biz soon. Press release said Discmania will be making the Evolution line in house.

OR the new Factory IS a part of Lat64 factory..why else make them in Sweden?

This makes me think that Lat64 is part of this and this Discmania factory really is a part of Lat64 factory that only makes Discmania discs.

This makes me think that Lat64 is part of this and this Discmania factory really is a part of Lat64 factory that only makes Discmania discs.

Jussi is a hype man at heart but that is not how it came across to me with video of their new facility. Latitude can't keep up with their own production needs currently to begin with. Believe what you will.

Could be that Discmania's discussion/contract with Latitude64 was "would you please make these discs for us while we get our new manufacturing plant/process up and running?".

Might have the same deal with Yikun.

1. Get plant up and running making Originals. Once caught up...
2. Take over making Evolution line in house....then...
3. Take over making the Active like in house.

Maybe an agreement to help each other out with making discs when needed?

DM: Lat64, you were a big help to use by making the Evo line while we built our own plant/process. We really appreciate it...so if you are ever in a bind, we are close enough for you to bring your molds over and we can help you out.

Why else would a Finnish brand make their discs in a small town in Sweden. . a town that just happens to be the home of Lat64?

The only link to Sweden that Discmania have is Lat64. . .wierd place to build a new factory if their plan is to break of from Lat64

Most especially because of the location of the new factory (same place as Latitude), my guess is that Discmania entered into some sort of limited partnership or contract with Latitude 64 wherein Discmania secured the services of Lat64 in learning the disc design and disc manufacture process. Part of that agreement likely included the manufacture of the the first several years of the Evolution line. It would be completely unsurprising to me if Lat64 now had some sort of ownership stake in Discmania, given that companies typically don't like to just help set up a competitor.

The pain of the last few years was going to be gone through whenever they decided to set up their own manufacturing. For everyone who thought they should have done it "earlier", all that would have done is produce the exact same pain while DM was in a less stable position, market wise. The only thing that would have mitigated that is if Innova was the company that had set up DM with manufacturing.

So, did Innova get a shot at this? Or did it just make the most sense for a Finnish company to partner with a well established, but not market leading, European manufacturer of very high quality discs? I'd guess the latter, but it's possible that Innova wasn't interested on the same terms that Lat64 was.

Can Simon putt with the new P2 in Worlds or does it have to be approved again...i guess not as they start to sell tomorow

Can Simon putt with the new P2 in Worlds or does it have to be approved again...i guess not as they start to sell tomorow

I feel like they won't start throwing the new plastic until after Worlds, just for consistency sake. But who knows? Maybe thats why Jussi did the announcement the day before Worlds starts, so everyone will be talking about it on coverage and stuff... on second thought, thats DEFINITELY why Jussi did it. :thmbup:

how long before an S-line disc comes out?

Eagle and Simon is "odd", they throw mostly C-line type drivers,,,,feel like most other Pros throw S-line, ESP, Star type plastic in their drivers.

What would they say besides "good luck, it's been great, blah blah blah" none of which they would actually mean.

They could say. . "if you want the real Originals and not wait for a copy we are going to make those originals under a new name for Infinite"

.....not that i think that+s going to happen.....but they COULD do it

Status
Not open for further replies.