• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got their own manufacturing now! The demand is definitely there. I imagine the secondary market on the Innova produced stuff will be a little crazy, but for anyone who actually throws discmania having access to more supply of the new stuff should be great. The pros are throwing them just fine in the video, unsurprisingly.

Color me excited.
It contradicts and exceeds my expectations.
Looking forward to the new Originals.
Frankly, the variations in the Innova production was so unpredictable, I don't think I'll be disappointed in DM's copies.
Good for them…

Discmania Manufacturing.... this will be interesting. I wonder how close the molds actually are and if the pros will actually use the "New Originals" or what...

As I said in the general thread I'm glad that they were able to reinvest in themselves and secure their own future. Holding on to "old methods" and depending on outside resources (which in this industry are competitors) to manufacture your product seemed risky at best. Jussi did have the forethought to take DM in a more independent route, and I applaud him for that.

Color me excited.
It contradicts and exceeds my expectations.
Looking forward to the new Originals.
Frankly, the variations in the Innova production was so unpredictable, I don't think I'll be disappointed in DM's copies.
Good for them…

Yeah this is actually awesome, I just hope the new molds are VERY close to the innova produced molds.

Without the actual original mold pieces, how can Discmania make the "originals"?

P2, MD3, DD3, PD, FD sounds like a decent core bag for most of the team DM players, I'm guessing they're gonna still have some of the old stuff filling other slots, but pretty awesome news from DM, hopefully their discs go from "impossible" to get to "only as hard as any other discs" to get.

They own the names, and there arent patents on the individual molds so I'm sure they just reverse engineered them.

That's my thinking.

Looks like the best thing Discmania did was actually own the names. Imagine having to reverse engineer something that people have grown accustom to only to have to rename it.

They own the names, and there arent patents on the individual molds so I'm sure they just reverse engineered them.

This begs the question of whether re-approval is needed. I can't imagine they'd be doing this without consulting the pdga prior, to see if they'd need to resubmit.

My initial thoughts would be that when they made the mold prototypes they did contact them about re-approval, since the names would be the same. The pdga says "no re-approval needed" and DM has their release dates

I wonder if that would require them to get approval for the "new" molds

edit: whoops VictorB beat me to it

It'll be interesting to see how many of the P2 Prototypes they have available tomorrow at the DM store.

Also interested to see what the demand is.

Also interested to see how this news affects the market for Innova Originals.

It'll be interesting to see how many of the P2 Prototypes they have available tomorrow at the DM store.

Also interested to see what the demand is.

Also interested to see how this news affects the market for Innova Originals.

Discmania is gunna piss off so many people tomorrow when they dont have enough supply to meet the demand

Wonder what Innova thinks of this? . . and Lat64, if Discmania can make the Original by them self, why not make ALL the disc them self?

Or is it Lat 64 that have helped Discmania to set up this new factory?

Discmania is gunna piss off so many people tomorrow when they dont have enough supply to meet the demand

LOL right? I really hope it goes the way of the Royal Rage II release where there are plenty of discs and everybody can get a pair. I think they did the right thing with that last release. I was able to easily get a pair of Logics and the color combo of RR2 that I wanted. Ill be happy if the "New" Originals are close to their innova made counterparts, and there are TONS of them available especially the Signature Series discs. It will also be huge for their tour players because they wont be limited on how many they can sell. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out ;)

They had a ton of product for their last drop. I am hoping that the drop shortages are a thing of the past.

Wonder what Innova thinks of this? . . and Lat64, if Discmania can make the Original by them self, why not make ALL the disc them self?

Or is it Lat 64 that have helped Discmania to set up this new factory?

In the video, the machines are the exact same ones that Lat 64 uses, so I would guess they at least helped out a little but who knows. I wonder if DM will become part of the Trilogy brand (bye bye Westside?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts