• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope Innova keeps the FD and PD alive under a new monicker. End of this season will be very interesting to watch and see if any pros depart. Simon throws one non-originals mold during tournament play - says it all on the new discs.

Time to offload some originals for a nice juicy profit!

In the biggest disc golf 12 month sales stretch ever, where I can't keep any stock on the shelf, the Evolution and Active lines just sit here. Maybe they'll get a little bump now. Hopefully DM has something amazing happening.

It's difficult to see how totally parting ways with Innova benefits DM.
Maybe Jussi is focusing on the long-term.
Maybe Innova's business plan or DM's contractual arrangement afforded him no viable alternative.

At any rate, looks like we'll get more info in a few days.

It's difficult to see how totally parting ways with Innova benefits DM.
Maybe Jussi is focusing on the long-term.
Maybe Innova's business plan or DM's contractual arrangement afforded him no viable alternative.

At any rate, looks like we'll get more info in a few days.

Some companies market suspense and build-ups into positive statements. Others... build-up years into public crash-and-burn?
:sad face:

I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but this split between Discmania and Innova, and the likely expansion of Discmania molds made by Latitude 64 and Yikun Discs, may be very good for these last two companies, especially for Yikun Discs.

Yikun has recently been producing some really nice looking plastic. A few years ago I did not have a very high opinion of Yikun's plastic blends. But, they have upped their game significantly. Their stuff really is worth looking at.
This, and their apparent attempt to rapidly expand their lineup recently, makes it seem that they want to become more formidable players in this market.

If Eagle and Simon and company figure out how to work with Yikun's molds, I could see them really taking off.

2021-05-08_13161446de21.JPG

image00003fe18c3.JPG

image000022938e7.JPG

good thing i stocked up!
have more somewhere...

Attachments

• 20210619_115120.jpg
    20210619_115120.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 61
In the biggest disc golf 12 month sales stretch ever, where I can't keep any stock on the shelf, the Evolution and Active lines just sit here. Maybe they'll get a little bump now. Hopefully DM has something amazing happening.

Same, and even Legacy doesnt sell in a pandemic

Just hope Innova keeps the FD and PD alive under a new monicker. End of this season will be very interesting to watch and see if any pros depart. Simon throws one non-originals mold during tournament play - says it all on the new discs.

Time to offload some originals for a nice juicy profit!

The PD does use the Discmania anhyzer top so Innova may have some issues reissuing that disc to Infinite or whatever. The FD I am not sure if they used a specific Discmania "Licensed" top or what. I don't know what the agreement was with the molds and the discs made for Discmania.

I figured this was going to happen. We already saw the P2 go to Infinite via the Alpaca.

I dont see why any pros should depart because of this. Unless Jussi tells them not to throw the Originals anymore, but I can't see that happening. Even then I dont really see it happening. Sponsorship is about money, not about discs. Every company out there has great discs that can make up a pro bag

I dont see why any pros should depart because of this. Unless Jussi tells them not to throw the Originals anymore, but I can't see that happening. Even then I dont really see it happening. Sponsorship is about money, not about discs. Every company out there has great discs that can make up a pro bag

You're correct, sponsorships are about the money. However, it's an open market negotiation so if Simon or Eagle shop around I'm sure somebody would match or make a better offer to land either. If the dollars are equal between two offers then other variables come into play.

I'm still not sure what to expect on Monday. Simon and Eagle are both locked into long term deals, but none of us know the details of those deals. Up until a couple years ago (pre McB to DC) a lot of sponsorships were verbal agreements. I don't recall exactly which players in which instances, but a couple interview articles indicated that was the case for quite a while.

No clue how in depth and thorough player sponsorship contracts are, I'm guessing it can vary quite a bit from situation to situation. Given the growth and craziness of everything the last year it wouldn't surprise me if there was a breach of contract somewhere between Innova and DM. If DM is having supply issues, that could potentially impact their ability to hold up a contractual obligation for tour series discs (aka cash) to Eagle or Simon.

I'm sure there are a lot of moving parts to this behind the scenes that will never see the light of day. One positive to take away possibly, is that for pro contracts going forward they're a lot more thorough for random situations like this.

Correct, and Discmania has to have enough money to pay them...

DM has demonstrated that they will produce what their big names (Simon and Eagle and maybe a few others) want.
Some questions that may be answered soon…
1. Will DM pros still be able to throw Originals? (Probably yes)
2. Will DM keep Eagle and Simon? (My heart says yes but my head says no)
3. Will DM survive the hit? (Painful, but not fatal)

Editorial:
While I still carry a few Originals molds (FD, FD3, PD, TD, MD, P3), also bag a few of the Evo and Active (Method, Rockstar, Origin, Genius). It's nice throw DM molds that you can replace at retail prices!!

I just want to know what the "teaser" countdown is about? Like how are they going to spin this into a positive thing? Jussi already tried by literally thanking Dave Dunnipace and Harold Duval for....ending the relationship? Lets be real, the Originals are the discs people *really* want (yes, I know, Evo and Active are used by some but there isn't the fervor for them that exists for the Originals).

Of course, doing the whole "thank you" wearing an Originals hoodie only stokes the fire. I *adore* the FD, but it's a wide, wide world out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts