• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.discmania.net/blogs/discover/discmania-production-update

highlights:

While we're really happy with where we have gotten in such a short period of time, we have experienced some bumps in the road during our factory ramp up. The main issue has been delays with machine parts. We are still pushing hard to get more machines up and running before year's end. It's expected that we'll see limited production during these next 4-6 months. We're hopeful that things will have ramped up come early 2022...

You can expect to see the new D-Line P2 stock release to happen in late September or October.
Aside from the new P2s, we are also now running our first C-Line discs, the MD3! Early feedback has been great, with many Team Discmania players, including Simon Lizotte, Eagle McMahon and Kyle Klein immediately adding the C-Line MD3 to their bags. Our best estimates are that we'll see stock C-Line MD3s released in late September or October...

We estimate that the production run should take 7-8 weeks, which would put an FD release some time in October or November....

There's more info to come, but for now you can tentatively count on the Cloudbreaker 3 also taking flight in October or November....

The Mutant and Splice on the other hand will be delayed for the foreseeable future due to unexpected production issues. While we work hard to pump these out, you will see a limited run of Mutant releasing soon. The Splice had a limited release in the form of a Primal Run Triumph Series release (shoutout Eagle for that amazing Portland Open victory!). Expect some more clarification with our next production update.

happy to finally get some news about the mutant and splice although it's obviously not what I was hoping to hear. I get that things happen outside of your direct control.... but Discmania should learn how to under promise and over deliver, cause it seems like all they do is the opposite.

So they open up a brand new facility and immediately have production delays? What a PR disaster.

We know the P2 and DD3 machines work just fine, and they have made MD3s also. They were able to supply their touring pros with the discs they needed. I'd love to be a fly in the wall to hear what's actually going on. It doesn't add up that the just magically can't produce these high demand items

I'm guessing there is a shipping container or two full of discs sitting in customs somewhere and once they get past the red tape and get these things in the warehouse there should be a bunch of them available.

Obviously, they'll probably still sell out in about four minutes and will pop up on the secondary market for double retail price. The hoarders or flippers or whatever you want to call them likely aren't going to go away any time soon.

Probably going to take quite a while before the supply of discs is big enough that that you can buy them easily and the people flipping them will just be stuck sitting on their stash.

Not Neo. Italian blend C-line. Although, when they made the C-line blend Tactic they crossed the Rubicon where frankenstein mix n' matching of molds and plastics may happen.

So, are they gonna mark the discs as "Italian blend C-line"? Sounds like a salad dressing.

https://www.discmania.net/products/raffle-ticket
Here is your chance at a very special opportunity. As a part of our Test Pilot program, over five hundred lucky winners in the US will be selected at random to receive one of the first ever Prototype C-Line MD3's, for FREE! Here's how it works:
Simply sign up for our newsletter and create a customer account on discmania.net
Order ONE (1) "Prototype C-Line MD3" raffle ticket product
Wait for the news

hopefully somebody on here will win one! there is a link to the EU raffle on that page too

The "new" FD looks like it might be a good clone of the original based off the footage of it. Kind of surprised its been up on YouTube for thirteen hours and no discussion of it here.

The "new" FD looks like it might be a good clone of the original based off the footage of it. Kind of surprised its been up on YouTube for thirteen hours and no discussion of it here.

I think the real Discmaniacs probably hang out somewhere else. I'll need to feel one to make a determination but that Eyetalian plastic seemed pretty sexy on the Tilt.

I adore the FD but I'm guessing it'll be a year before the new originals are widely available. No sense getting worked up for what is, at this point, vaporware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts