• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So please clarify if I'm understanding this correctly - We could end up seeing the same mold available in multiple lines? I.E. Originals Tactic and an Evolution Tactic?

I would like to see some modification of this happen as I think the original (non-retooled) version of the razor claw is the best throwing putter out there. It has the perfect amount of glide and stability for throwing and its really good for backhand and forehand.

The evolution tactic could possibly stay the same old version so we can still get it in premium plastic. The originals tactic could be the retooled one for extra stability.

Now I dont know if I am ever going to get the old tactic in premium plastic anymore. Sadly I had to start looking for other possibilities for replacement. If the old tactic comes back in premium plastic I would be super happy because the disc is awesome.

Does Discmania or anyone here know approximately when the new PDs will be coming out? All they have said about all the new Originals is: sometime in Q3/4. Which could mean in a few weeks or Christmas. Just wondering if they will be more likely next few weeks or months or not till end of year?

well if the pipeline is P2 - MD3 - DD3 - FD - PD and P2s should drop sometime in September... you can guesstimate that PDs are still a ways away

Oh man.... that sucks. We'll be lucky if we even see the DD3's or Cloudbreakers by Christmas then with that type of time line. The PD and FD's won't be till next year. :gross:

Does Discmania or anyone here know approximately when the new PDs will be coming out? All they have said about all the new Originals is: sometime in Q3/4. Which could mean in a few weeks or Christmas. Just wondering if they will be more likely next few weeks or months or not till end of year?

for what it's worth, I think they are referring to quarters in the financial/business sense. Q3 is April, May, and June, and Q4 is July, August, and September.

for what it's worth, I think they are referring to quarters in the financial/business sense. Q3 is April, May, and June, and Q4 is July, August, and September.

Those dates and quarters you have are a whole quarter off. The Q3 dates you have listed are actually Q2, and same with Q3 and 4. This is the 2021 Fiscal Calender:

Q1 2021 Dates: January 1 - March 31
Q2 2021 Dates: April 1 - June 30
Q3 2021 Dates: July 1 - September 30
Q4 2021 Dates: October 1 - December 31

I looked at their site and also did some more research based on what Flick mentioned, and DM are saying they are planning on launching around 8 new discs in Q3/Q4 of 2021?! Seems VERY optimistic/ambitious by them, considering how they have operated in the past.

First the P2 in September, then stock run MD3, then Iron Samurai MD3, then stock DD3, then Cloudbreaker DD3, then PD, then Lone Howl PD, then FD. ALL before the year is up?!?! Hahaha. NOT happening. And even if it did happen, we won't be able to throw/play with the discs this playing season. The playing season is over by around mid/late fall for most people. And they are JUST releasing a putter in September! They'd have to release a new disc every few weeks if they think their going to get all these discs out by the end of the year or playing season. So I'm not holding my breath that we see some or even most of the new throwing discs DURING the playing season this year.

Unless you live somewhere where it's 50*+ or warmer, no rain, and no snow, we're not going to be playing much or at all with any of the throwing discs this year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad DM is finally making their own discs, just not sure I understand why they waited SO long to do this, AND then when they finally decided to do it, NOT get the discs out DURING the playing season. DM has always had this problem. EVERYONE wants their discs, yet they can't get enough out into people's hands.

So it's great they can produce their own discs now, just hope they don't keep up the same: "lets get out just enough discs to keep demand super high and prices equally as high" strategy they've been using. I really think if they decide to produce a lot of plastic, enough so everyone can get their hands on what they want, that they will quickly become almost as large as Innova and Discraft in terms of total sales and discs made. Possibly bigger at some point!

Those dates and quarters you have are a whole quarter off. The Q3 dates you have listed are actually Q2, and same with Q3 and 4. This is the 2021 Fiscal Calender:

Q1 2021 Dates: January 1 - March 31
Q2 2021 Dates: April 1 - June 30
Q3 2021 Dates: July 1 - September 30
Q4 2021 Dates: October 1 - December 31

yea I thought they were using a different starting quarter like some businesses/governments do, but I wasn't right! lol

agree with your other points. I wonder how long it will take for them to get all of those 4 molds in wide circulation

I really hope they still have color glow discs as I would love to grab some more color glow MD3s.... but so far I feel like they've only mentioned the c-line

yea I thought they were using a different starting quarter like some businesses/governments do, but I wasn't right! lol

agree with your other points. I wonder how long it will take for them to get all of those 4 molds in wide circulation

I really hope they still have color glow discs as I would love to grab some more color glow MD3s.... but so far I feel like they've only mentioned the c-line

No worries

And agreed on the plastics. I really want S line and Color Glow plastic. Not C line. I can't casually throw a mid range 430' on a 50' high hyzer line, haha. Or pump out a driver 600'+. I need human plastic, not superman crazy O/S stuff, haha. I'd love to scoop up a bunch of their discs in color glow if they ever make it again. Same goes for swirly S line! MD, MD3, FD, FD2, FD3, PD, DD3. But at this point, I'd take ANY of those discs from them just in regular stock S line!

The PD and DD3 will for sure be in S line (at least I hope so, haha), and hopefully the Iron Samurai's will be in color glow. But yeah, not sure if they have plans to make any of the new discs in S line, Swirly S line, or color glow THIS year or not? They haven't mentioned that at all, and only keep mentioning C line. Which is great for pros and people that can absolutely rip a disc in half. But most of us can't, and want/need S line or color glow. So hopefully they make all the discs in those plastics soon as well :thmbup:

Unless you live somewhere where it's 50*+ or warmer, no rain, and no snow, we're not going to be playing much or at all with any of the throwing discs this year.

Oh… you must be one of those "fair weather" disc golfers.

We don't see too many of your kind here in Colorado.

I've moved away from bagging Discmania because of availability but I am looking forward to trying some of their new "originals" when they start becoming readily available. I am a bit skeptical as well about how much anyone will be able to get their hands on before Christmas though.

I haven't seen it in this thread yet.....but the Meta Tilt drops on 7/27. I've seen some online stores talking having them available for the 27th.

Oh… you must be one of those "fair weather" disc golfers.

We don't see too many of your kind here in Colorado.

I've moved away from bagging Discmania because of availability but I am looking forward to trying some of their new "originals" when they start becoming readily available. I am a bit skeptical as well about how much anyone will be able to get their hands on before Christmas though.

Haha, no. I just don't like playing in extreme heat/humidty, or cold/rain/snow. That's miserable and no fun at all.

I live in Ohio, so it's nasty weather in and around October or later. And disgusting heat and humidity a lot of the summer.

I'm not lucky enough to live in Colorado or some place like that with awesome weather almost all year. So I don't have the luxury of playing disc all year long ;) Wish I lived there though. Someday, haha.

Admittedly, even as a year round player I do have my limits as to what I'm willing to tolerate.

If there's more than about 6" of snow on the ground or the temperature is below 20 I definitely don't feel motivated to play.

Im willing to give them slack due to being the first (half) year with own manufacturing. I am optimistic about them ramping it up with time.

I dont know about "lets get out just enough discs to keep demand super high and prices equally as high". Retail price isnt overly inflated is it? High second hand prices arent really a benefit for the company in any way. Hype, yeah maybe but doing that intentionally would be just stupid.

Im willing to give them slack due to being the first (half) year with own manufacturing. I am optimistic about them ramping it up with time.

Agreed. They're just getting started and I'm sure the day will come where they catch up with the demand and then are able to maintain a supply consistent with the demand. Nothing happens overnight, especially on a large scale. And making their products overseas I'm sure involves shipping and a delay in customs before they hit the warehouse in Wellington.

Discmania discs (Originals) have also been out of stock for a year? So the amount of pent up demand is to be expected.

Guys are paying over 100 bucks for used discs. It's silly to me, I mean I throw F2's and stock stamps, just because I don't give a shizzzz about stamps and such. I just sold most of my used Discmania discs and bought a cart for free with the proceeds. Yeah I had a bunch of Discmania discs but these were all pre covid cheap stock stamps.

I did buy a Tilt though, but I am intrigued just to see if it's useful or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.