• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, they don't yet appear on the list on the PDGA website, but the "MD3 (new)" does.

That is weird. Probably slow upload day for them if they feel like me after the long weekend trying to remember how to work. I had only looked at the home page for the links on the right side. Glad we got md3 approved as well!

https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/new-dd3

https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/new-p2

I thought the MD3 might be the next one approved after the P2. Maybe the DD3 will be the next release instead of MD3.

So I had only seen the 2 approved but the md3 was actually the first of the new ones approved by a day, and the website says that it's next in line so I would expect that.

I felt a "new" P2 and it felt slightly deeper then the old one. The specs are different as well. Though the P2's I've had were D Lines, so maybe extra shrinkage is possible to account for. Rim con is different as well, if that is accurate, who knows. Shows it to be a bit more blunt.

When are Premium Tilts specifically dropping? I actually throw these and would likely use them more when I have them in Premium plastic so they do not get beat up so much.

Discmania Support Reply

Has it been decided if some of the molds within the Originals line will be retired altogether or possibly see a slight redesign to minimize overlap with other models?

I'm thinking along the lines of the TDx, which didn't really have a lot of turn. P3 wasn't a ton more OS than the P2 (although shaped way different). PDx, PD3, and PD2 have similar numbers, things like that.

Some of those were similar enough to existing models that I think they may have cannibalized each other. Having control of the design provides an opportunity to spread models out a bit. Totally get putting the priority on high demand models, but some of those lesser known models could be resurrected into something pretty sweet.

There are a few things that have been officially discontinued. You can locate these via our website and navigate to the discs section drop down menu. Other than that, there aren't plans to remove further models at the moment but naturally many of them may not be made for some time while we begin producing the new ones. 2022 should bring about five more introductions in addition to these five planned for 2021.

Nothing confirmed yet, but if I had to make a guess, I would say C-line only at first. Not sure they have the capacity to run multiple plastics of the same mold all at once? But again, this is a complete guess.

Maybe Discmania Support Person can chime in?

Chiming :). C-Line will be first for these.

Just got me Proto P2s in, here is my reaction:

Plastic- feels pretty amazing. Like someone else said, feels like a grippy DX/D-Line plastic. The top has almost a gritty feel to it (in a good way, reminds me of X-Line or Nexus plastic but not exactly). Very stiff, very little flex. I'll be interested to see what how much stiffer the 3 version will be.

Shape: It's a P2. A lot of P2s have a slight puddle top to them, and most of the Alpacas I have touched have been that way too. The Proto p2s I got are on the domey end of the spectrum (I like it). The rest of the disc feels identical in my hand to my OG P2s that I always putt with.

If these discs are an indication of what is to come for the Discmania MFG. discs, then I think we can stop worrying. They were able to "Remake" this disc so closely that it tells me the rest of the molds will be just as good (I hope). Great job Jussi and Discmania, and I am excited for the MD3 to come out, even though I stocked up the last time they were run because I had a feeling that was going to be it.

Discmania Support person: When will the MD3s be dropping? Are they next up after the premium Tilts come out? What about the stock runs for the P2s? Id like to get my hands on some 1 and 3 Flex versions.

No release date set for the MD3 but you can view the estimated road map below in this blog post. Stock version for the P2 will be Flex 2 and should arrive around September.

https://www.discmania.net/blogs/discover/introducing-discmania-s-new-manufacturing-facility

Hey Discmania manufacturing dudes and lady dudes, when do MD3s drop?

https://www.discmania.net/blogs/discover/introducing-discmania-s-new-manufacturing-facility

So Eagle mentioned in Simon's latest vlog that he has an Italian plastic made Tactic and then he shows it off. I'm guessing these are way down the pipeline, but will this become a thing eventually?

If I understand correctly, they are planning to release the present Tactic mold in premium plastic.
They will also release an Eagle tour disc (limited numbers), based on the Tactic mold, but it will be less glider and more over-stable

So Eagle mentioned in Simon's latest vlog that he has an Italian plastic made Tactic and then he shows it off. I'm guessing these are way down the pipeline, but will this become a thing eventually?

My guess is that Discmania is getting prototypes into the hands of their pros to get feedback on them before they go into production.

If I understand correctly, they are planning to release the present Tactic mold in premium plastic.
They will also release an Eagle tour disc (limited numbers), based on the Tactic mold, but it will be less glider and more over-stable

Less glide, more stable tactic is... a... Mutant... Eagle already throws those.

Maybe a dumb question, but do we know that Lat64 is NOT using Italian Plastic fpr the NeO line?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 4B26DABD-B774-4E7C-96E2-10C0420AE3AD.jpg
    4B26DABD-B774-4E7C-96E2-10C0420AE3AD.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 176
Evo line Neo blend has always looked like Hybrid (Gold + Opto/Fuzion + Lucid combo) blend plastic from Lat64/DD or Innova champy-star, new Originals C-Line looks more like a Lucid/Champion only. I'd like to think Discmania requested a bit more stiff of a blend closer opto-x or lucid-x or some stiffer Champion runs.

Potentially Lat64 has been using the same plastic manufacturers that Discmania is going to procure their Italian formula pellets from.

Discmania Support Reply

No plans at the moment but if something does come out like this example, it will be in the Originals line instead of Evolution

Maybe a dumb question, but do we know that Lat64 is NOT using Italian Plastic fpr the NeO line?

Neo and C-Line plastics will never be the same as each other. It's possible that some changes could be made to NEO some year but there are no plans to do so.

No plans at the moment but if something does come out like this example, it will be in the Originals line instead of Evolution

So please clarify if I'm understanding this correctly - We could end up seeing the same mold available in multiple lines? I.E. Originals Tactic and an Evolution Tactic?

Status
Not open for further replies.