• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P Line p2s are impossible for me to find. Any update on restock?

I have trouble finding P-Line P2s as well. I think there are only three of them left at the official Discmania dealer here in Germany, but only in low weights. No other shop in Germany has them in stock. I have also checked the Swedish and Finnish websites without much more success. An update would be much appreciated. Thank you!

I have trouble finding P-Line P2s as well. I think there are only three of them left at the official Discmania dealer here in Germany, but only in low weights. No other shop in Germany has them in stock. I have also checked the Swedish and Finnish websites without much more success. An update would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Maybe I was just lucky, but I found two yesterday at a local store in KC. Good luck on your search.

Discmania Support Reply

I don't doubt that you're right. Unfortunately, stiff P line in too slick and has no grip for me. I need either slightly softer P or much firmer D (like classic aviars), neither of which seems too likely to happen. :\

Although I've been running an experiment of sunbleaching a P-P2 that I threw up on the black tar roof of my garage in Spring. I"m going to take it down in Fall and compare it to another one from the same run I have as a control. It already is a bit lighter and feels a little softer.

That might work out well for you! I have heard of people doing that before and it seems fine. I would recommend using a black P-Line disc in the heat if you want something like D-Line but a bit more firm. Not ideal for all weather obviously but it is worth a shot.

P Line p2s are impossible for me to find. Any update on restock?

We definitely have plenty of the Eagle signature ones online. Have you checked those out?

-Discussion on the End of New DiscMania Molds-

I LOVED Jussi's interview in the Spring 2015 Disc Golfer Magazine where he talkes about a professional line of disc golf discs, with a full, but limited number of molds, enough to fill all the slots needed. I have wondered out loud in this thread before I think, but I am wondering out loud now - after the DD3 is out (likely next year), is that the end of new molds from DiscMania?

Maybe this is a Jerry Maguire type moment – The Things We Think And Do Not Say. Fewer Molds.

This is my favorite disc golf company for the culture, feel, professional, global and long term view of disc golf. But in order to make Jussi's mission we gotta stop making molds. Or - retire them 1:1 as new ones come. I think dropping the Gremlin for the MD4 is OK for most, but I think the end is near on new molds.

As far as a professional lineup goes, anything from here would just be more Innova/Discraft/DD/Prodigy new molds for newbs type stuff. That's not what DiscMania is about. Or is it? Or is it not going to be what Jussi hoped?

All valid statements. We do our best to have a professional lineup while keeping options a bit more limited to not add so much confusion. Granted, they all need to be good molds and nothing stays in the spotlight forever. We have discussed discontinuing various molds and in the end it will always be inevitable. Rest assured, however, that new mold production will not end with the creation of something like a DD3. We are just getting started and will have even more tricks up our sleeves for next year and the years to come.

Here's my two cents on the above:

Place for new molds in the existing line up-
DD3 - not sure what this is, but should be good.
FDx - stupid OS speed 6 or 7 (retool whippet)
MD5/MDx - OS like a mortar or gator
P4 - small rim high speed putter

Molds to drop or retool:
MD1 - drop
CD - drop
FD2 - retool or new plastics
TD2 - champion treatment not in plus rim

If new molds are going to be done for awhile, stamp/plastic ideas:
Color/glow CD3, FD3, FD
Stiff d-line - P2
Mini old art stamps - like mini hysterias on s-line DDs
Bring back the first original Discmania stamp
Disc art work series celebrating disc golf park courses
Another stamp contest :)
Environment series stamp - water, earth,etc or bees, trees etc some of the profits go to organzations
Featured artist series

Disclaimer: this is a question I don't want answered just speculated upon because I like surprises.

I wonder if the pmd3s will continue with the small shield stamp or get something else

Agree on the CD and MD1 drops. Plenty stock out there for people who do want them. But dont do anything to the FD2 other than run flat runs only.

That's why I have the caveat of other plastics. Basically if only small releases were planned and that mold is performing below expectations (this is me making this up), then a possible re-tool could boost sales on the mold.

After I lost all my soft glow FD2, I haven't wanted to bag it again :(

I am not completely satisfied with the response regarding the P2 in P-Line plastic. The Eagle Signature series is very hard to obtain here in Germany and other countries have very high shipping costs in most cases or the Eagle version is already sold out. Also, the regular P-Line is a lot cheaper compared to the signature series. Since I do not want to buy only one putter, I'd end up paying a lot more. The discrepancy in price is about 7 euros... if I want to buy five putters, well, you can do the math.
As much as I like Eagle and want to support him, the advice to just go for the signature series which is much more expensive is not really what I wanted to hear, sorry =\

I am not completely satisfied with the response regarding the P2 in P-Line plastic. The Eagle Signature series is very hard to obtain here in Germany and other countries have very high shipping costs in most cases or the Eagle version is already sold out. Also, the regular P-Line is a lot cheaper compared to the signature series. Since I do not want to buy only one putter, I'd end up paying a lot more. The discrepancy in price is about 7 euros... if I want to buy five putters, well, you can do the math.
As much as I like Eagle and want to support him, the advice to just go for the signature series which is much more expensive is not really what I wanted to hear, sorry =\

I agree with the above. I would like to see some more runs of stock production P-line P2s, i.e. a lot more availability... and don't try to upsell us to more expensive discs (which also are not available in any quantity at all).

I agree with the above. I would like to see some more runs of stock production P-line P2s, i.e. a lot more availability... and don't try to upsell us to more expensive discs (which also are not available in any quantity at all).

thirded :)

Discmania Support Reply

Here's my two cents on the above:

Place for new molds in the existing line up-
DD3 - not sure what this is, but should be good.
FDx - stupid OS speed 6 or 7 (retool whippet)
MD5/MDx - OS like a mortar or gator
P4 - small rim high speed putter

Molds to drop or retool:
MD1 - drop
CD - drop
FD2 - retool or new plastics
TD2 - champion treatment not in plus rim

If new molds are going to be done for awhile, stamp/plastic ideas:
Color/glow CD3, FD3, FD
Stiff d-line - P2
Mini old art stamps - like mini hysterias on s-line DDs
Bring back the first original Discmania stamp
Disc art work series celebrating disc golf park courses
Another stamp contest :)
Environment series stamp - water, earth,etc or bees, trees etc some of the profits go to organzations
Featured artist series

All good ideas for sure. I will say that most of these topics have been discussed already and some will happen, some won't. The original designs in the large format will likely not return. We have made the call to eliminate those and portray our discs in a more professional presentation. That is not to say that there won't be a nod to each old stamp at one point or another, but full production of those things will likely not come back.

Discmania Support Reply

Fair enough, you deserve to be satisfied with upcoming releases as well as inquiries that you have. I will say that we have plans to release more of the non-signature versions very soon. On that note, if you have local dealers that you think should have more of the things you are looking for, have them reach out to us or whomever their distributer is and that can likely be solved. Keep an eye out for some more of those P2's to emerge shortly.

Stay tuned. We are working on it.

Don't drop the S Line CD

Best control driver ever. First Ace with my 6yo daughter as the witness :D and I love the Craze stamp

It's pretty likely that nothing will be dropped any time soon. Worst case scenario is that one or two may be retooled to our liking in the future but that is about it for now.

Any plans for the stock release of G-line DD. I have two prototypes and am really liking the disc :) Also any plans for new run of S-line DDs. Not many around in Finland at least.

Discmania Support Reply

Any plans for the stock release of G-line DD. I have two prototypes and am really liking the disc :) Also any plans for new run of S-line DDs. Not many around in Finland at least.

This is not as likely as the others. The G-Line discs were not as popular as one would hope. The DD in particular was especially unpopular. It is likely that there will be another run one day but there is no telling when that day might come. There are a lot of folks that got them in their mystery boxes that may be willing to trade you for something else, I would wager. Sorry we didn't have better news for you but the DD is a great disc nonetheless!

This is not as likely as the others. The G-Line discs were not as popular as one would hope. The DD in particular was especially unpopular. It is likely that there will be another run one day but there is no telling when that day might come. There are a lot of folks that got them in their mystery boxes that may be willing to trade you for something else, I would wager. Sorry we didn't have better news for you but the DD is a great disc nonetheless!

I understand, but it is still sad to hear. I swear by the G-DD; while a few feet shorter than my main distance driver (by another company), when I do not feel confident with that other driver, either because of wind or just having a bad grip/ release point day, I totally trust my G-DDs. Always reliable and does exactly what I want it to do every time.

I have five right now, two black, two yellow, and a green, but with the lack of availability, it still feels like I do not have enough.

Side note #1; I never gel with any other G or GStars, but the G-PD is awesome as well. You need more yellows, and definitely a run of white. Most of the other colors I have been seeing are muted and dark, making them hard to see on the ground.

Side note #2; the teaser picture of the C-PDx I keep seeing is a milky white, the exact color I am looking for. I cannot get my hands on one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts