• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose some could think so. Some of our molds just need to be freshened up a bit. Everything we made has been with a purpose and all are great discs. Some of them just gained more exposure than others and rose quickly to the top. The P3 is a good example of this. We'll just be freeing up some space in our lineup to make room for some new ones! No major changes are coming in the grand scheme of things.

Did you mean the P2 as an example of rising to the top?

Or is the P3 an example of freeing up some space?

Haha I just need to know if I should buy even more D-P3's

I noticed that on the discmania site, there are new P-Line p2s with the store mini stamp...but with a 3 fade.

I got one of those with my order last week, but never even noticed the flight numbers on the website. I'm guessing it's just a typo.

I got one of those with my order last week, but never even noticed the flight numbers on the website. I'm guessing it's just a typo.

If you throw it at all this week, let us know if you saw any difference in the stability in fade.

It would be interesting if those flight numbers were true!

If you throw it at all this week, let us know if you saw any difference in the stability in fade.

It would be interesting if those flight numbers were true!

If you look on the DM website, this is the only P2 with these specs. I feel like if Discmania retooled the P2 (P2X?), they would make a major announcement and it would be listed on the PDGA approval list. I'm sure this is just a typo.

https://www.discmania.net/collections/p2

The DD unfortunately is probably going away for good. It breaks some hearts, some of ours included, but we will replace anything that no longer is made with a fresh new take on other molds and have the same flight characteristics in mind. This may not always be the case but new molds are definitely a big goal this year.

Just when you think you finally found a nice alternative to the Destroyer...

Active Line still April on USA release?
DD3 Swirly and/or SLine still on April release?
Instinct April? Method May? Link June? Enigma July?
Feel like I've been waiting months for the Instinct to get here ;)

I feel bad for the people that throw the molds that are going away or the molds that won't be available in certain plastics, but I'm excited to see what kind of change this brings. I'm going to miss the DD, but I have such a huge stash it won't matter.

At least they let everyone know ahead of time. Unlike Discraft who just removes molds & let's players figure it out themselves.

Makes sense from an efficiency perspective, if you only have so many production hours available with Innova why use them on models that aren't selling?

Especially if your other two manufacturers have similar models lined up to produce.

If it means better availability for the stuff people want, FD's, PD's, CD2's, and PD2's I think it will go over fairly well.

It'll be kinda weird to have the naming gaps in the lineup though.

They just came out with the C-Line P3X and they are already getting rid of it. Dammit.

Really sad to see the CD and DD going away. Such long standing molds for them. The CD was the mold that got me to fall in love with Discmania and eventually led to me switching my entire bag to all DM. I'll be stocking up on CD's and P1x's, and looking forward to what the future has in store for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.