• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Statements like this confuse me.

lolz, I have no use for overstable putters. Zone is a bit fast to be considered a putter. I only use my zones for flip up shots and turnovers. If I need something overstable and slow a soft midrange or driver works well, but that is pretty rare.

So what plastic holds stability the longest? (I am not necessarily asking for the most durable, but that is worth mentioning)

And just to stir up the debate again, what plastic is the most overstable from the get go?

So what plastic holds stability the longest? (I am not necessarily asking for the most durable, but that is worth mentioning)

And just to stir up the debate again, what plastic is the most overstable from the get go?

I'd say the Ti holds stability longest, at least the 2015 Ledgestones. Haven't really thrown the new run yet, it's not quite as firm as the Ledgestone.

Never thrown one but I hear the Z and Cryztal FLX are beefiest.

Zones are like Buzzzes for me, in that I keep wanting to buy more in case I lose them, but I rarely lose Buzzzes and never lose Zones. I get close, but then I love the Zones I bag so much that I have never given up the search before recovering them.

Zones are like Buzzzes for me, in that I keep wanting to buy more in case I lose them, but I rarely lose Buzzzes and never lose Zones. I get close, but then I love the Zones I bag so much that I have never given up the search before recovering them.

Same here. No Zone left behind is my motto.

I'd say the Ti holds stability longest, at least the 2015 Ledgestones. Haven't really thrown the new run yet, it's not quite as firm as the Ledgestone.

Never thrown one but I hear the Z and Cryztal FLX are beefiest.

So many runs of Z it might be hard to say that across the board. But I appreciate the feedback.

I've tried lots of Zones and have found nothing as OS as my old puddle topped ESP Zone.

It is so beat up it is hard to see the logo. Plastic looks like it did 3 rounds in the ring with a wildcat. Gets every odd job from hacking out of dense brush after a bad drive to rescuing stuck drivers from trees.

Still hog stable after all these years.

Still does OS approach work every round. I just don't putt with it, too OS.

Got a couple Puddle top Z Blackshift zones both 173 - SUUUUPER OS like 4/2/+1/3 - been really loving it so glad I went back to the zone after only using harps the last several years - I still like to bag the harp because its really nowhere near as OS - I stink at forehands and this zone makes it seem so easy - Get in the Zone ...Auto Zone

Got a couple Puddle top Z Blackshift zones both 173 - SUUUUPER OS like 4/2/+1/3 - been really loving it so glad I went back to the zone after only using harps the last several years - I still like to bag the harp because its really nowhere near as OS - I stink at forehands and this zone makes it seem so easy - Get in the Zone ...Auto Zone

I really wanted one of those Ledgestone Colorshifts....but I'm a flat top Zoner, and that was a puddle top run from what I've seen and heard.

I really wanted one of those Ledgestone Colorshifts....but I'm a flat top Zoner, and that was a puddle top run from what I've seen and heard.

I picked up 2 of them both identical - I actually prefer FLAT to puddles but it is what it is - but the plastic seems like, indestructible - and the mold design is so blunt and basic that it wont really chip dent or warp - so I think ill have these for YEARS :thmbup::thmbup:

Thinking about (read: will be) picking up another Zone. My only experience is the Jawbreaker. I love how that plastic sticks to the ground, but seems to beat into straight-ish quicker than I'd like. What's the standard preferred plastic if you were going to grab just one? ESP? ZFLX? One of these Crystal or Ledgestone ones, etc?