• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

I've recently thrown a zone back into the bag in an attempt to minimize molds a bit further. It has taken over my OS mid and OS putter duties. It is surprisingly long for how beefy it is. It is the best putter for sidearms IMO as well.

I've recently thrown a zone back into the bag in an attempt to minimize molds a bit further. It has taken over my OS mid and OS putter duties. It is surprisingly long for how beefy it is. It is the best putter for sidearms IMO as well.

Same. I never really used an os mid all that much but the zone covers both shots very well.

I have been carrying a DGA Quake since they came out and really do like it but I just keep reaching for the Zone. Does anyone carry this or a similar pairing?

Same. I never really used an os mid all that much but the zone covers both shots very well.

I have been carrying a DGA Quake since they came out and really do like it but I just keep reaching for the Zone. Does anyone carry this or a similar pairing?

I was throwing rhynos and mortars for overstable shots. While the mortar and quake are different discs, they fu=ill very similar gaps. I liked the rhynos for backhands, and the mortar for forehand as well as backhand, but didn't love it for touch shots. The zone has totally replaced both, I don't know why I ever stopped throwing them. It is great powered up or down and is perfect for backhands or FH shots.

I need a zone in a softer astic that's as OS as my esp. Do I have any options?

The one Z FLX I threw I could feel flex slightly in my hand during FH. It was from the first release and was chartreuse. It was nice and beefy.

Premium plastic. Need something that will last.

I'd say Z FLX too. Or Cryztal FLX if they ever make one. Ti may work as well. I like the feel of mine, definitely a bit softer than ESP or Z.

Discraft must know I'm a sucker for flag dyes. Is anyone else tempted by the 2018 LE Cryztal Zones? I'm holding strong at the moment, but they are very tempting.

I'd say Z FLX too. Or Cryztal FLX if they ever make one. Ti may work as well. I like the feel of mine, definitely a bit softer than ESP or Z.

Discraft must know I'm a sucker for flag dyes. Is anyone else tempted by the 2018 LE Cryztal Zones? I'm holding strong at the moment, but they are very tempting.

The Zone is one of those molds i'm a sucker for trying multiples of aswell. Those Z color change ones look interesting. Not sure what the difference is between a regular run Z?

I bag 4 "midranges" A2, A3, A4 and Champion Panther. I now tested D Zone and so it happened that it kicked A4 out of my bag. What Discraft discs would replace my other molds? A3? (premium plastic Zone perhaps?), A2? C-Panther?

They did a run of the Crystal FLX Zones for Ledgestone a few years back. I believe I have 3-4 of them myself and it is one of my favorites. Most of the ones I saw and have are all puddle top and feel great. :thmbup:

I'm more interested in the Colorshift...but I wish they were the blue to purple, like some of the early Ti runs. The ones I've seen are predominantly green.

I bag 4 "midranges" A2, A3, A4 and Champion Panther. I now tested D Zone and so it happened that it kicked A4 out of my bag. What Discraft discs would replace my other molds? A3? (premium plastic Zone perhaps?), A2? C-Panther?

A3 looks like a Gator...never tossed one, but an SP Breaker(Z FLX Ringer) might work. ESP/Z FLX Zone for the A2.

I bag 3 different Zones right now:
Soft X - little spike hyzer upshots, windy putting
ESP in the 160's - straighter approaches and drives
Z FLX - more traditional Zone lines (left-to-right or right-to-left)

Also have a 10year I'm messing with just because.

A3 looks like a Gator...never tossed one, but an SP Breaker(Z FLX Ringer) might work. ESP/Z FLX Zone for the A2.

I bag 3 different Zones right now:
Soft X - little spike hyzer upshots, windy putting
ESP in the 160's - straighter approaches and drives
Z FLX - more traditional Zone lines (left-to-right or right-to-left)

Also have a 10year I'm messing with just because.
I'm bagging 2 currently. Soft X for upshots that need to stick and one of the new swirly ESP for typical Zone beef. The ESP seems slightly beefier than the new Ti I picked up at the same time.

i know this has to have been discussed before on here, and i can't figure out how to search this thread, but i'm new to the Zone's and am looking for info on the order of plastic stability

Wow, the Zone only kicked out your A4? I was thinking the Zone was in the A1-A2 range. So to that point, I dunno what Discraft disc could replace the A1-A3.

Panthers are irreplaceable. <3 Yes, it is possible that I am biased on that. :thmbup:

Wow, the Zone only kicked out your A4? I was thinking the Zone was in the A1-A2 range. So to that point, I dunno what Discraft disc could replace the A1-A3.

Panthers are irreplaceable. <3 Yes, it is possible that I am biased on that. :thmbup:

Brand new Pro D Zone and it's stability is somewhere between A3 and A4 (400 plastic) RHFH. It was actually a nice surprise to get a disc to that slot.