• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Anyone else have their 1st run McBeths come with the weight penned instead of the usual sticker? I bought them from a shop that I know does not have a scale and they don't ever mark their discs.

Also, all four that the shop had have a slight dome in the center of the disc. If moving from the wing inward, they start with no shoulder, but as I said develop the slightest dome about half way along the radius. I have seen domey Zones before, but never like this. You almost can't tell except for setting them on a flat surface. I can easily flat top them, but it just surprised me.

Mine weren't penned, but my Undertakers and 2 Forces were.

Just got the zone I ordered with the mcbeth stamp. I got a really badass dark teal colored one, but I am really surprised by the plastic. I thought I had read that most of them were pretty stiff, but I would call mine gummy. It feels really good and is board flat. I do not like the puddle tops so I pretty much got exactly what I would want if I could make my own.

The ones I bought have the plastic feel almost indistinguishable from my Ledgestone CryZtals.

I did not pay attention to the Undertakers or Forces, but the one Buzzz I saw definitely was stickered.

All 3 of mine were, which makes sense, and is probably why most restocks of new ESP Buzzzes had been coming out so meh, they were saving them for Paul.

...Also, all four that the shop had have a slight dome in the center of the disc. If moving from the wing inward, they start with no shoulder, but as I said develop the slightest dome about half way along the radius. I have seen domey Zones before, but never like this. You almost can't tell except for setting them on a flat surface. I can easily flat top them, but it just surprised me.

That started with the new top that, I believe, debuted on the ESP Glos. Perfectly flat for a couple inches and then a little bubble dome inside of that. I have pics of it, but Photobucket killed their free service so I can't get to them (not paying that fee).

Anyone else have their 1st run McBeths come with the weight penned instead of the usual sticker? I bought them from a shop that I know does not have a scale and they don't ever mark their discs.

Also, all four that the shop had have a slight dome in the center of the disc. If moving from the wing inward, they start with no shoulder, but as I said develop the slightest dome about half way along the radius. I have seen domey Zones before, but never like this. You almost can't tell except for setting them on a flat surface. I can easily flat top them, but it just surprised me.

I bought two from our Club order of them, both orange but one was stickered and one was penned with the weight. One was board flat and the other had that mini dome to it as described above. Will have to look at them again when I get home to see which sticker/pen was on the flat/dome. Will see if I can snap some pics too if I remember on lunch break. :D

I've got an old ESP zone with the same deal. Flat with a little "bump" in the middle. Did a simple hot water treatment to it, and now it's puddle topped.

I wouldn't read to much into the sticker/pen thing. This was a big batch of discs, they probably just ran out of stickers. I've seen the occasional penned discs for years.

I just received one from Marshall Street. A bit gummy but still Z, not Z-flx gummy or anything. Flat, neither puddled nor with that little central dome I've heard about. I can't say it's much different than any other Zones. Only complaint is that the green isn't quite as bright as it looked online, but it'll be fine on the course.

I have what appears to be a Glow Z Zone from Ledgestone a few years back. Anybody able to comment on how these compare to other Zones?

As a rule of thumb. If it's glo plastic it more overstable than a regular plastic. If it's a mix , as in glo flx then idk. But glo is almost always more overstable

As a rule of thumb. If it's glo plastic it more overstable than a regular plastic. If it's a mix , as in glo flx then idk. But glo is almost always more overstable

Except for sparkle glo (which doesn't glo worth a crap BTW) is about the same or a little less. Got a sparkle glo Buzzz and it is slightly more stable than the ZFLX version of about the same weight. Almost identical stability to regular Z plastic.

I have what appears to be a Glow Z Zone from Ledgestone a few years back. Anybody able to comment on how these compare to other Zones?

I have one of those as well. Mine is very domey near pop top. It is by far the most overstable Zone I have. More than my flat esps too.

McBeth used a Destroyer on this hole (hole 9) last year.

I hear he was parking it with a Zone during a practice round last week.

I wouldn't read to much into the sticker/pen thing. This was a big batch of discs, they probably just ran out of stickers. I've seen the occasional penned discs for years.

Yep, my moms Tournament disc an ESP Buzz from 2008 South Dakota State Disc Golf Championships was this way, mine was Sticker and a number on rim as was most of the rest of the Discs all from Discraft.