• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Ozone Discs (Andro One)

Ozone Discs

Birdie Member
We are close to 50% of our goal on kickstarter for a new disc idea my brother and I are trying to create. The preliminary name is the Stratos One. Our first disc we are targeting a long midrange/ control fairway driver somewhere in the range of 6 3 -1 2 depending on the configuration. Please take a look at the kickstarter link below and tell us what you think.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ry-multi-densi

Here is a picture of the Disc

2v26wpl.png

Seriously though, I watched the video and read the literature, I see that it uses inserts, which are intended to be interchangeable. Cool concept but my big worry would be that upon striking an object at velocity, the inserts could pop out, probably not an issue since the inserts are "bonded" per PDGA requirement.

That low glide number concerns me. Also, "Stratos" might be too close to "Stratus" for Discraft's comfort.

So the whole draw of this is the interchangeability on the fly, but the PDGA has said they won't approve anything like that, so the discs will be for recreation only. It seems to me that most recreational players don't care or know much about disc types, and probably aren't shopping for discs online and browsing disc golf forums. Not trying to be a total Debbie downer, but I don't get the point of making these discs, if only a small portion of players would want to throw them just for fun, yet probably would never even knew they existed.

Seriously though, I watched the video and read the literature, I see that it uses inserts, which are intended to be interchangeable. Cool concept but my big worry would be that upon striking an object at velocity, the inserts could pop out, probably not an issue since the inserts are "bonded" per PDGA requirement.

Not true. The "inserts" are permanent. There are two configurations of the same mold, allowing you to throw two discs that feel exactly the same but cover two very different lines, not one disc with different inserts.

Interesting concept, really want to give it a shot how does the plastic feel?

Not true. The "inserts" are permanent. There are two configurations of the same mold, allowing you to throw two discs that feel exactly the same but cover two very different lines, not one disc with different inserts.

Exactly. We were trying to allow players to get two different flight paths from the same mold similar to having a weathered version of your favorite disc right out of the box with the same weight, feel, plastic etc....

Interesting concept, really want to give it a shot how does the plastic feel?

We are going for a premium plastic feel for the first few runs. Similar to Innova Star plastic, Prodigy 400, Legacy Icon, Prodiscus Ultrium etc... We went through a lot of test blends and we think we have gotten a really grippy durable feel that we like. It has also proven to be extremely durable through our test rounds. We are looking forward to peoples feedback from the kickstarter run to see if there are any tweaks to be made to best fit what players are looking for.

That low glide number concerns me. Also, "Stratos" might be too close to "Stratus" for Discraft's comfort.

We wanted to make a disc that was middle of the road as far as all of the flight numbers to create the most versatile disc possible for the first mold. The glide is similar to a ROC3 if your looking for a good comparison. Its probably somewhere close to a 4 glide but not quite maybe like a 3.75. These are all preliminary flight numbers based on the disc dimensions and how the disc compared to other discs. We will finalize the numbers once we get more feedback from players. As far as the name goes we might have to change it like you said. We want to have a unique name that does not infringe on any current discs. I plan on contacting Discraft to see if there is any issue at all and if there is we will change the name. The name was selected based on a naming contest we had, so we have stuck with it so far.

Update

We have reached 70% percent of our goal! Thanks to all of those who have backed us so far. Only a few days left so we still need your help.

This is probably my favorite new idea in discs. I love consistency in feel for my discs. It helps to not think about anything but the shot.

It sounds like a good idea to bad kick starter doesn't do PayPal.

Rewards

The Kickstarter first run backer rewards ship to us on Monday. We are still only at 75% with a few days left so we really need some help to reach our final goal! Here is a picture of the special edition metallic purple color discs.

148qhkz.jpg