• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Ozone Discs (Andro One)

If they took PayPal, I'd do the $75 dollar pledge right now.

We appreciate the interest and thanks for checking out the link. I am really not sure why they don't take paypal. It just seems like a no-brainer to us.

First Run Kickstarter Rewards

We have successfully completed our Kickstarter campaign and have some first run discs that we made as rewards left over. Only 500 of the first runs were made and each is numbered and numbers are given out at random. These discs are available now on ozonediscs.com. For the first run inserts are bonded in by my brother and I, so please allow a week or so for shipping. Using funds that we raised from Kickstarter all runs going forward will have the rings professionally bonded and we will be able to ship much quicker. Thanks for those who supported our campaign!

Are the domes affected by the inserts you put in them? I got mine and love the plastic (beautiful as well as grippy), but I was kind of surprised to get a flatty and a domey.

Are the domes affected by the inserts you put in them? I got mine and love the plastic (beautiful as well as grippy), but I was kind of surprised to get a flatty and a domey.

Throw em and review!

The inserts do not effect the dome. When we got the discs from our supplier some of them were flattened during shipping, they must have put extremely heavy boxes on top of ours. We had two choices either make everyone wait another few weeks to remake the run or fix them ourselves. We did our best to fix the discs by placing almost boiling water in the disc and letting them cool overnight. While this fixed the warping, some discs turned out slightly more domey than others. We tried our best to match up even pairs. This way atleast both discs were the same but in your case it seems like one is still slightly different. The plastic is extremely durable so you can do exactly what we did to get them back to even. To make the flat one domey just place the disc upside down on a pot and put almost boiling water in the dome and leave it for a few hours. For the opposite pour boiling water in the pot and put the disc right side up on top of the pot so the steam hits it. Then place something on the dome of the disc to get it to the flatness that you want and let it cool for a few hours. We have spoken to our supplier about fixing this issue for the next run, making sure there is enough packing material or whatever is else necessary so that our discs arrive correctly.

Last edited:
Definitely glad to hear that you're working with your manufacturer, but I wasn't complaining at all. I think (hope, really) my domey one is the understable version so it should have a little extra glide as a result. :thmbup:

Definitely can't wait to see how they fly. As long as the rain holds out, I'll get a chance to do just that!

Definitely glad to hear that you're working with your manufacturer, but I wasn't complaining at all. I think (hope, really) my domey one is the understable version so it should have a little extra glide as a result. :thmbup:

Definitely can't wait to see how they fly. As long as the rain holds out, I'll get a chance to do just that!

We really appreciate you picking up a pair! :thmbup: Once you get a chance to throw them let us know what you think. We are trying to collect as much feedback as we can before starting another run in case we need to make any final tweaks before submitting to PDGA for approval.

I think this is a good idea. One mold, different inserts for different flights.

I assume that you all are able to play around with the weights of the inserts? I'm imagining a gradation of the weighting process and not just from one extreme (stable) to another (understable). If so, I imagine that a person could have multiple stages of "wear" while having brand new discs.

I think this is a good idea. One mold, different inserts for different flights.

I assume that you all are able to play around with the weights of the inserts? I'm imagining a gradation of the weighting process and not just from one extreme (stable) to another (understable). If so, I imagine that a person could have multiple stages of "wear" while having brand new discs.

That is exactly the idea. Right now we are offering two versions but we have chosen materials that can be made at varying densities so we can make other versions as well. A medium for example where the inserts are similar weight and the disc would have a weight distribution more like a conventional disc.

I haven't been able to collect my thoughts completely to feel comfortable writing a review on these yet, but they flew great for my and my 500'+ throwing friend's rounds. They had different results than I expected (what a way to learn!), but they could very easily cover a wide range of faster mid/slower fairway shots without batting an eye.

Second Run

We have began the second run of discs and have made a few changes based on feedback we have received.

1.) We have made the bottom rim a little less sharp.
2.) All inserts will be professionally bonded.
3.) Slight change to the plastic blend to make them more durable in colder weather.

Mold changes will take a few weeks but as soon as we get the discs in we will submit for PDGA approval. Colors for the second run will be blue and green.

Here are a few more pictures of the first runs that are still available:

flzubb.jpg

333xqax.jpg

Is the outer ring going to be unbroken ring in the later runs like the center circle?

I have forgotten to write my review, but I hope the plastic doesn't change much. It feels great.

Last edited:
"Is the outer ring going to be unbroken ring in the later runs like the center circle?"

The outer foam rings will be broken because the manufacturer said they were much easier to make as strips but the hard rubber outer rings will no longer be broken.

"I have forgotten to write my review, but I hope the plastic doesn't change much. It feels great."

Thanks! The feel should not change. We are just making a very small change to make sure the polymer blend is more even to make sure they are more durable.

I will take a look at the fundraiser link not sure why its looping. Thanks for the link to our shop!

I finally jumped on some protos as well.
I'm really excited to test these out.

I LOVE slow flying discs so if this is a tweener mid/fairway like initial reports, I think I could get a lot of use out of this duo.

Ozone Discs Releases Debut Mold - Andro 1

The Andro 1 disc manufactured by Ozone Discs was PDGA Approved as of 11-16-2015.

"The Andro 1 is Ozone Discs' debut mold. It is the first disc to showcase a new and innovative patent pending disc technology. This technology incorporates fixed inserts with varying densities placed at strategic locations throughout the disc modifying spin rate and disc stability. These weighted inserts will alter the weight distribution of the disc which provides Ozone Discs the ability to hone in the perfect desired flight for the mold and offer an assortment of configurations of the same mold to the players. The Andro 1 was designed to be a stable longer mid-range disc with flight numbers of 6, 3.5, -1, 2, and is being offered in a durable premium plastic blend." - by Ozone Discs