• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Ozone Discs (Andro One)

Ozone Discs Releases Debut Mold - Andro 1

The Andro 1 disc manufactured by Ozone Discs was PDGA Approved as of 11-16-2015.

"The Andro 1 is Ozone Discs' debut mold. It is the first disc to showcase a new and innovative patent pending disc technology. This technology incorporates fixed inserts with varying densities placed at strategic locations throughout the disc modifying spin rate and disc stability. These weighted inserts will alter the weight distribution of the disc which provides Ozone Discs the ability to hone in the perfect desired flight for the mold and offer an assortment of configurations of the same mold to the players. The Andro 1 was designed to be a stable longer mid-range disc with flight numbers of 6, 3.5, -1, 2, and is being offered in a durable premium plastic blend." - by Ozone Discs

You beat us to it , thanks for posting! The PDGA certified second runs will be completed soon.

Attachments

• ozone_andro1.jpg
    ozone_andro1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 15044_1.jpg
    15044_1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 38
I'm really liking the Andro protos that I bought.

They're really unique feeling and flying discs. For folks with above average power, you will find that you can pretty easily conquer all lines under 300 ft. with both configurations.

I have found that despite the weight distribution, both molds are pretty similar in terms of overall stability. Generic flight numbers would suggest a 5.5, 4, -1, 2 type of flight. Capable of many variations of straight to fade/turn lines depending on release angle.

The biggest difference between the two discs are their ratio of turn and fade.
The dense outer ring configuration (Andro1) is obviously the more gyroscopic of the two. It will hold its release angle for a long while out of the hand before gently fading on a forward penetrating line.

The lighter outer ring configuration (Andro2) is more susceptible to a turn when given too much power/OAT but it also has a great LSS. This means you can throw this disc with some hyzer, have it pop up and turn a bit and then bite back pretty reliably once it loses momentum.

Overall I find myself reaching for my Andro1 whenever it is a bit too breezy for my Rocs or there is a lower ceiling than I am comfortable trying to force a Roc through. I can also throw them lighter than my speed 7's and they'll still fly like a mini driver. Neither configuration is superior IMO. I often reach for the more gyroscopic config. just bc it is less likely to flip and not come back. That said, sometimes you prefer a more exaggerated flip/fade and the Andro2 is better equipped for that kind of shot.

These discs are fantastic tweener molds for those that really like to push their midranges and fairways drivers as it gives them a reliable option between the two. Now that Ozone has produced the discs in eye popping colors, I will surely be further testing them for my tourney bag next year. I am starting to jive with tweeners and the Andro1 & Andro2 (I'm hoping this catches on to differentiate) are both valuable additions to my current lineup.

Last edited:
Andro One flight

Finally got a chance to do some field work with the completed PDGA version of the Andro's. Here's a video of the stable configuration. This was into a very slight headwind so on a calm day or a tailwind it will start it's fade a touch sooner. The less stable configuration will fly similar to this flight with slightly more turn given some power. You can see it has a very smooth predicable fade and is easy to control. The blend of mid-range and fairway driver elements allows you to attack targets slightly farther than you would with your mid with confidence. The production run is almost complete and I can't wait to get your guys feedback on the disc.

https://vid.me/9w5w

The second run discs have been produced and we are now just waiting on final stamps. For our first stamp design we went with something clean and simple. Let us know what you think. Do you like the simple logo design or would you rather more art focused designs. The 03 is the molecular symbol for ozone. We thought using the insert as a design element in the stamp design could be a neat touch.

Attachments

• Stratos1.jpg
    Stratos1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 73
I like the simple approach. I think it is classy approach and is a cleaner look that trying to design an art based stamp around your "O"

I like the simple approach. I think it is classy approach and is a cleaner look that trying to design an art based stamp around your "O"

Thanks! That was our thought as well. Glad you like it.

What color schemes are you all going to have?

For the first batch of discs we have green and blue discs. For the stable configuration both rings will be black. For the less stable configuration the outer ring can be pink or grey. In the future we will have a much wider selection. We can make the foam rings in pretty much any color imaginable so there are endless possibilities. The green and blue colors we are using for the first batch can be seen in the attachments a few posts back.

Last edited:
Man, people will be dyeing everything from Prince to David Bowie on these things by virtue of name alone hahahaha. Someone has to do a Boy George one!

Lol why you don't like Andro1. In all seriousness, try one and I can almost guarantee you'll want to keep in your bag rotation, Boy George stamp and all.

The second run discs have been produced and we are now just waiting on final stamps. For our first stamp design we went with something clean and simple. Let us know what you think. Do you like the simple logo design or would you rather more art focused designs. The 03 is the molecular symbol for ozone. We thought using the insert as a design element in the stamp design could be a neat touch.

I'm excited to try this but not a huge fan of the stamp to be honest

Andro Profile

Here are some profile pics of an Andro1. In the pictures you can see that this is not a typical mid-range disc. Every dimension was intentionally designed to make it feel close to a mid-range but with the performance of a fairway driver.

Smaller diameter. Slightly bigger rim. More aggressive wing but still a comfortable 1.3cm rim depth. We also made the disc nice and flat and with substantial beefiness. We want this to be a work horse disc in any wind condition and any shot from 330ft in and we really think it delivers.

Attachments

• IMAG0673_1.jpg
    IMAG0673_1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0670_1.jpg
    IMAG0670_1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0668.jpg
    IMAG0668.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 54
Final stamp.

2dl0yvc.jpg

If you haven't seen in the commercial market place we have started up a pre-sale on our website www.ozonediscs.com for the Andro1. This is to raise funds for a putter mold and some of the collaboration ideas with RDG and Element Discs we want to introduce early next year. Pricing for the pre-sale is $17.99 per disc. Retail will be $18.99. We know this is at the higher end of disc pricing but because our discs are made as 3 separate pieces our production cost is currently much higher than other conventional manufacturers. We are working to reduce that cost by innovative manufacturing techniques and higher order quantities. Hope you guys get a chance to test out our discs and appreciate the support!

Last edited:
So excited to hear that the First Runs are retooled a bit to make them more OS.
The Protos are great for lower power players but I want something I can GUN

So excited to hear that the First Runs are retooled a bit to make them more OS.
The Protos are great for lower power players but I want something I can GUN

I'm no cannon by any means and really liked the FRs, but I would welcome a little extra beef. Can't wait to see these start getting some reviews. They're a really nice mold that is quite unique walking the line between mid and fairway.

Latest posts