• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Ozone Discs (Andro One)

Andros are In!!

Our Andros finally arrived and can be ordered from www.ozonediscs.com. They are still listed as Pre-sale because we are getting discs into our inventory and packing up current orders. If you pick one up please just allow a few days until it ships while we catch up. :)

Here's a pic of the first two Andros out of the box.

http://imgur.com/PJlqQ7W

Looks pretty cool J will be interested to throw these.

So how different are the + and - now that you have the production run?

The production run with all of the tweaks and changes has made both discs slightly more stable. The +version is now a straight flyer with a consistent strong fade at the end. It also is flying really far for a mid-range profile. The - version flies really straight and doesn't really have as much fade. When it looses energy it just slightly fades and goes to the ground. This makes it an excellent point and shoot at the target disc that won't skip away when it hits. It's also a little shorter than the + but it will hold any anhyzer line you put it on so you can get some really beautiful long turnovers. Both discs are slightly lighter with the new blend consistently around 164-167g range the Andro light comes in around 154g.

Man I am really interested in these.

Definitely check them out, they are available for order now on ozonediscs.com.

They are flying really well in the new Plastic blend. I'm going to get some good videos for you guys as soon as I have some time.

We have added a coupon code for DGCR users to try out our Andros. Use coupon DGCR all caps at checkout to receive a 15% discount on your entire order!

Can somebody who has thrown both the production andros and the kaxe and kaxe z please give comparisons? Both between themselves and vs traditional mids and traditional fairways. They both are labeling themselves as tweener discs, but don't seem to outrange various innova or trilogy speed 5 mids and fall short of speed 6 fairways according to inbounds.

I am leaning towards the Andro hence posting here.

Can somebody who has thrown both the production andros and the kaxe and kaxe z please give comparisons? Both between themselves and vs traditional mids and traditional fairways. They both are labeling themselves as tweener discs, but don't seem to outrange various innova or trilogy speed 5 mids and fall short of speed 6 fairways according to inbounds.

I am leaning towards the Andro hence posting here.

I am interested in a comparison between the Kaze Z and Andro too.

Jcass, I know andros are on route to you, any opinions? I am curious as well.

Andro (Blue) vs. Kaxe (Orange)

These two discs will compete directing in my bag for the newly anointed "Tweener" slot.
I am already a HUGE advocate of the Kaxe so the Andro has a tough mountain to climb to reign supreme. That said, I have become very close with Ozone so I will certainly give their mold every shot at making the bag.

Here are my initial findings between these two really solid midrange drivers:
- The Andro is a wider diameter disc than the Kaxe. This makes the disc require a touch more speed to get moving.
- The parting lines on both molds are nearly identical.
- The Kaxe is beaded (albeit small) while the Andro is a beadless design.
- In flight, the Kaxe features a touch more HSS while the Andro features a more aggressive LSS.
- While both molds are certainly "tweeners", I would say the Andro sits just a touch closer to fairway, while the Kaxe sits just a bit closer to the smaller diameter mids (Cro, Spider, etc.)

All in all I think it will come down to preferred feel vs. flight.
The Andro does allow IDENTICAL hand feel for the + and - configurations that provide noticeably different flight characteristics
The Kaxe & KaxeZ feel very similar in the hand and also provide a very nice complimentary flight.
In the end, I will probably just bag both discs as I love they way they both perform and it will allow me to show off some really unique, fantastic flying molds in my bags at every opportunity.

kLrVD5B.jpg

sUVYm8c.jpg

OyXmJeO.jpg

Thanks, So the kaxe is more point and shoot while the Andro has some better line shaping capabilities?
Sorta eagle (Andro) vs TB (kaxe) if you will.

Thanks, So the kaxe is more point and shoot while the Andro has some better line shaping capabilities?
Sorta eagle (Andro) vs TB (kaxe) if you will.

Vaguely I guess you could consider it like that yeah.
They're both awesome discs. At this point I can't suggest one over the other bc they both are just fantastic flying molds.

Time will tell if I end up giving one the boot in favor of the other but I dont see that happening this year :thmbup:

Whoa. I like the look of that kaxe! And when you mentioned cro and spider comparison i perked up.

Also the kaxe wing looks so comfy. Almost convex eh? Righteous.

I'll take both please...

Whoa. I like the look of that kaxe! And when you mentioned cro and spider comparison i perked up.

Also the kaxe wing looks so comfy. Almost convex eh? Righteous.

I'll take both please...

Yeah they both RULE

I'm going to be playing a ton of Scale/Andro or Serpent/Kaxe rounds this spring.
So fun to throw these things