• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

You do realize companies like Mint Discs, Dynamic and others don't manufacturer discs but likely own the molds right? I could go out, design a mold, have it made(if I had a spare 20K+ laying around) and have someone else make it for me? That's a thing that can happen. You don't have to make the discs to own the molds.

Does Paul own the actual molds for his discs? Likely not. Does he own the rights to them? Maybe? Is it likely a royalty deal where those molds are tied to his name forever? Probable.

My gut tells me that there is some type of deal that, the PM discs will always be tied to PM. There's not sanding down his name in the mold kind of thing ever.

I'm certainly not saying I'm right here but what I am saying your steadfast believe that your scenario is the only possible scenario is wrong.

The million/billion dollar companies always have the upper hand in negotiations. Welcome to life. They probably signed Paul more for his fan boy cult following than his game (just look at this forum) lol It's a business.

Paul isn't a designer or manufacturer. He's just a golfer that's being used to deepen the pockets of Discraft owners. And PDGA. Get your money Paul.

Last edited:
Pro D golfers change sponsors more than I change my underwear and I'm pretty clean. And then like a switch, they're acting like they're with the best brand ever after being with a different one the day before. Until next year then rinse, repeat LMAO. It's just so fake. I guess the circus is entertaining and attracts viewers for jomez. For all we know, Paul will be back at Innova in a couple years after some woman drama to release a new putter, midrange, and driver that you guys already have in your bag and don't even know it..... :)

Paul has made more interviews about his move than most, and he has been quite open about his contract any why he made the move. . .much of the things you argue about , Paul has talked about and responded to

Pro D golfers change sponsors more than I change my underwear and I'm pretty clean. And then like a switch, they're acting like they're with the best brand ever after being with a different one the day before. Until next year then rinse, repeat LMAO. It's just so fake. I guess the circus is entertaining and attracts viewers for jomez. For all we know, Paul will be back at Innova in a couple years after some woman drama to release a new putter, midrange, and driver that you guys already have in your bag and don't even know it..... :)

Yeah but when one brand asks its players for more then just brand loyalty and promote the brand when playing but eventually a true cult and you start making it so the only things the sponsored players can talk about is the brand and nothing else even about regular life. Then you have all the pro players leave that brand except a few sponsored players who were the ones that helped make it so its sponsored Pro players ended up in an odd beyond cult allowed to only talk about the brand only and nothing else not even regular life, is odd. You all know what D company I am taking about. :D

Last edited:
Definitely a cult like atmosphere at tournaments. At this point, Paul has discrap tattoo'd on his forehead. Feel sorry for him. It's just green paper.....

Definitely a cult like atmosphere at tournaments. At this point, Paul has discrap tattoo'd on his forehead. Feel sorry for him. It's just green paper.....

I think Paul has done and is doing great things for disc golf. By pairing up with Brodie and making a bunch of great content for all the fans to watch - not to mention all the peeps who follow Brodie that probably knew nothing about disc golf 6 months ago. No Jedi mind tricks there - just good ole marketing on social media.

And Paul is making a bunch of money doing it. Good for him.

Don't engage the troll. The more people feed him, the stronger he grows.

The Luna's a great putter IMO, if you like the plastic. It's unique because after all, it's literally the only putter made in this exact plastic. I liked the first runs better, but have settled for the softer stock run. KC Pro is too slick for me, but this is basically the same thing with some grit, at least to my tactile senses. Just about perfect for my grip.

I went ahead and picked up a couple cryztal roaches. They're obviously much cheaper, and I bet I can't tell the difference at my skill level anyway. Maybe premium Lunas will go stock this year, but eh, no need to wait around.

Where are this coming from?!? Cult, just how?

And Paul was so much associated with INNOVA for SOOO many years. . .he WAS Innova, every poster from Innova was a big pic of Paul
Paul is big whichever company he throws for

Last edited:
Don't worry about him, he's literally just trolling man. I mean, he got posts deleted twice or more in this thread. How much of a troll do you have to be to get posts deleted? We talk about BBQ and Dustin Keegan in the pros switching sponsors thread and that's all good. You have to really be trying.

Actually the opposite. Brodie, a brand new player to the game, is already sponsored by Discraft. That's hilarious. That's telling people you don't need to be good, you just need a social media following. Mind tricks 101. Just using idolatry in general is a mind trick. The fact that Brodie even has that many followers is hilarious. Good for him tho... it's kind of showing how desperate Discraft is tho....

Brodie was already affiliated/sponsored by Discraft in his Ultimate days, plus all of the Trick Shot Vids.

Try harder maybe.

Brodie was already affiliated/sponsored by Discraft in his Ultimate days, plus all of the Trick Shot Vids.

Try harder maybe.

Was aware of that. Maybe realize that Ultimate isn't disc golf. And that Discraft is sponsoring a player brand new to the game LOL. If you're a "celebrity" and have never thrown a disc before, don't you worry, Discrap has you covered.

To the putter though.... Luna is a meh mold. Waste of materials, imo. The glide should be 1 or 2 instead of 3. The plastic is weird and slippery. Just the mold itself will give you some off releases. It's embarrassing to the game that they're priced anything above $15. Somebody will find use for it but it's a low quality product......

I have to say, I am amazed at all of the people who have felt it necessary to stop by and poop all over this this thread, leaving a trail of poop everywhere they go.

Go home and use the bathroom, I should not have to deal with your poop just to read about a stupid disc.

I feel like i'm back in middle school.

Fwiw I am not a fanboi, I don't follow pros or tournaments and I don't care who 17x anything. However I do think the Luna is a solid disc. Very similar to a Roach but not exact. I have used both extensively and there is a discernable difference, if you can't tell the difference, that's perfectly fine, maybe you don't respond the same way to tactile input as I do, throw what you want.

I liked the Roach from the day I made an ace and had hit chains and two metals in the ace race, but stopped carrying it due to the cultural references in the name and artwork, that is my choice and I don't care what you think. Don't poop on me because I don't want to carry things with drug references, that is my choice, grow up.

Luna is a better fit for me and I don't care if I have to pay a little more to get a disc I like.

That is what this is about right? Throwing discs we like?

Did I miss out somewhere when we moved to become a third world dictatorship where our choices are taken from us?

If you like the Roach then - fine throw it - stop pooping about the Luna, I certainly won't give you crap for your choice.

If you don't like Discraft or Paul then fine, who cares, this is America go throw what you like and follow whatever flavor of koolaid you want, I don't care.

If you just want to poop, then get the heck out of this thread, go poop somewhere else. Make your own pooping thread for all I care.

Sheesh...

I liked the Roach from the day I made an ace and had hit chains and two metals in the ace race, but stopped carrying it due to the cultural references in the name and artwork, that is my choice and I don't care what you think. Don't poop on me because I don't want to carry things with drug references, that is my choice, grow up..

Pretty rich coming from somebody going by K2 Keith :|

K2 is a kind of synthetic cannabinoid that is also known as Spice. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), K2 and other synthetic cannabinoids are manmade chemicals that can alter a person's mental state.

OK, i give up. . .and go back to the LUNA

Paul said that Big-Z versions of all his Sig disc will come in 2020

Most reviews and videos have the Big-Z LUNA as one of the more US ones. . .but Paul says that his Big-Z is his most OS
I don´t really like the Big-Z that much. . but Discraft seams to push Big-Z

OK, i give up. . .and go back to the LUNA

Paul said that Big-Z versions of all his Sig disc will come in 2020

Glad I didn't pay $50 for one last summer when I was looking for a more S/OS Roach.

I know it does not mean much, but my apologies to all.

I have another stress in my life right now and I allowed it to overflow in the opinions posted earlier on this thread. Total junk, wish I could delete.

My apologies to all who had to read the junk that I added to this thread.

By the way, I was using K2 as a nickname before someone decided to invent the synthetic drug but I can see how my user name could be interpreted that way.

My apologies to anyone who felt attacked or disgusted by my post.

I'm not usually that guy, but today I was. Sorry

I wanted to stop by & say I always notice a difference in my hand between the Roach & Luna. I use JB Roaches as my putter & a couple Lunas sitting in my used/not interested box. Roach fills out my palm better with a putting fan grip & all my fingers have room under the rim on a power grip. Luna feels noticeably thinner. Fingers feel scrunched on a power grip & I feel like I have to pinch my palm together in order to get a decent fan grip on it.

Roach all the way.

Latest posts