• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

Aw, where did thenomad guy go? His non-biased perspective was refreshing...

I wanted to stop by & say I always notice a difference in my hand between the Roach & Luna. I use JB Roaches as my putter & a couple Lunas sitting in my used/not interested box. Roach fills out my palm better with a putting fan grip & all my fingers have room under the rim on a power grip. Luna feels noticeably thinner. Fingers feel scrunched on a power grip & I feel like I have to pinch my palm together in order to get a decent fan grip on it.

Roach all the way.

Have you felt the premiums back to back? My BigZ Luna and BigZ Roach or my Ti/Cryztal/Z feel identical to me. (Agree the Rubber Blend and the First Run plastic definitely felt thinner in the hand.)

Swirl Z Lunas coming...https://www.instagram.com/p/B8za8CeA1q-/ Most of that new swirl Z is on the dark side, but I've seen some amazing Stalkers in it:
86393271_467527260818622_6468376113922965504_n.jpg

Have you felt the premiums back to back? My BigZ Luna and BigZ Roach or my Ti/Cryztal/Z feel identical to me. (Agree the Rubber Blend and the First Run plastic definitely felt thinner in the hand.)

Swirl Z Lunas coming...https://www.instagram.com/p/B8za8CeA1q-/ Most of that new swirl Z is on the dark side, but I've seen some amazing Stalkers in it:

I haven't. I've got a bunch of premium Pa1's & they work so well as my OS compliment to the Roach.

Has anyone been able to tell a difference in grip between the colors on the stock rubber blend runs of lunas? I have 2 light purples and 2 blacks and they definitely have a different feeling to the plastic. I'm trying to figure out if they is a color that's generally more grippy than others.

Paul said in the Brodie "1st round" video that he would have a "Tour series Luna" at the "Meet the pros at Memorial"

Will this Tour Serie Luna be in the same plastic as the other 2020 Tour Series..Swirly Z?

EDIT missed the Swirly Z in post #561 . .that´s one big stamp

I'm assuming these will be a limited release, then get sold on ebay for a premium?

Sometimes I just hate this game...

Also heard (was it on this thread?) the Big Z Luna is coming out later this year as a production disc.

Another question for all you Luna guys.
What is another disc with the same general feel and shape of the Luna/Roach that is very overstable?
Anything like the Zone or Pig or Gator overstable?

How stable is the PA1?

Last edited:
I'm assuming these will be a limited release, then get sold on ebay for a premium?

Sometimes I just hate this game...

Also heard (was it on this thread?) the Big Z Luna is coming out later this year as a production disc.

What is another disc with the same general feel and shape of the Luna/Roach that is very overstable?

It looks like the LUNA is Pauls Tour Series disc for 2020 and the Z Swirl Tour Series should not be a limited release

Maybe a Luster Aviar X3 or a Jokeri

Hmmmm,
I have an Star Aviar X3 and I think I have a DX (base plastic) Jokeri.
Those actually are great suggestions.
I hadn't thought about the X3... It's flat, narrow profile and somewhat OS.

Thanks,

Also, excellent news if the Luna comes out in a premium plastic.
Been looking for one sine I got that one 5x Cryztal Luna for $25 and found I really liked it, but couldn't find another for less than $35. And the Big Z Lunas, forget it.

Last edited:
used the first run Luna today.

Pros, nice firm feel, clean release, makes far putts feel like nothing, made a hyzer putt around a tree into the basket from about 25 ft, made several other far putts.

Cons, it's so firm and slick that it spits out the chains easily, and if you miss a putt on a hill, man this thing will probably make you have a huge comeback putt.

Overall I might bag it as a far distance putter or to bend around obstacles when putting.

Aw, where did thenomad guy go? His non-biased perspective was refreshing...

When I was a kid living in Michigan there was an ice cream shop that my parents would take me to that had 'Superman' ice cream that looked just like this Stalker. Better days.

Anyhow what's the status on premium Lunas? What's coming soon that will be in regular production? Will the costs be absurd or nah?

When I was a kid living in Michigan there was an ice cream shop that my parents would take me to that had 'Superman' ice cream that looked just like this Stalker. Better days.

Anyhow what's the status on premium Lunas? What's coming soon that will be in regular production? Will the costs be absurd or nah?

Tour series Z Luna coming this month. Every Discraft reply on social media just said march for all the tour series releases. I'm assuming they will be around $20-ish.

Swirly Z Tour series, here's an idea of what it will look like. Just as grippy as big z and slightly more overstable than traditional Z

Attachments

• 951D6838-A90D-4710-90D1-DA18C1C33499.jpg
    951D6838-A90D-4710-90D1-DA18C1C33499.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 60

Some guy is trying to get a premium on an early sale right now. 22 bids already, at $71+:
s-l500.jpg

I don't know who would be willing to spend 50 extra just to have a disc a week or two before anyone else...

Well, according to the order status page on Discraft I nabbed a pair of these that are "unprocessed" but "paid". (Despite the page loading with the speed of a three toed sloth.)

Assuming they don't get canceled on me, we'll find out if they're worth the price of admission at retail. :)

Big props to Discraft for putting the money for these 100 straight into Paul's pocket. (and the other players, some of whom need it even more, I'm sure.)

So are all the 2020 Z Swirl Tour series disc are a tad more stable that the stock runs?

Pauls Luna are sold out at Missys Undertaker is "low stock" . . .i think Missy made a GOOD choice of Tour Series disc

Paul's description that they put up on the Luna page today said that he found them to be a slightly overstable compliment to his big Z's. I'm not sure if that description could be used across the board for all the tour series this year, or if that's only for the Lunas.

Today was only a 100 disc release of each mold, for giving some funds to the players due to the shutdown. The Lunas were sold out when my page reloaded at 12:04pm. So ~3 minutes to sell the 100.

The full/regular release was said to be "March" per Discraft on Facebook a couple of weeks ago... so, it should be next week or the week after, unless they got delayed.

A few of the comments on Discrafts site

"The new swirly Z plastic has given the Undertaker some added stability and with a flatter profile,"

"The Meteor in this run of Z is more stiff than the standard Z making it more stable in its flight"

"With this new Z swirl, the Stalker is a tad more stable"

"The Luna is a very neutral flying disc that comes in a lot of different plastics but the 2020 Tour Series is on the overstable side"

"Now in this z swirl plastic it offers a little bit more of an overstable finish that is great for a little more torque and any wind you may face. Anytime I am 250-325ft my first thought is the buzzz"

"The tour series Z Raptor is a perfect compliment to the ESP raptors. The masses wanted more stable, that's what they got"

The only one that looks to be more US that stock is the Force
"The 2020 tour series Force is a great compliment to my previous run. This swirl Z run is a little less stable for me and is getting more distance"

I'm being patient, I think, to wait for the eventual Production release of the Luna...

I purchased one of the CryZtal 5X Lunas and found them to be very suitable for my arm speed.
However, when I went back, I discovered that I couldn't get any at retail anymore and I'm NOT paying $30 to $70+ for a thrower, whether CryZtal, ESP, BigZ or whatever plastic they are in!
SO suck it, ebay gougers...(;))

Looking forward to the Production runs, cause I'm buying to fly them, not flip them!!

The Luna go far for me and my nudle arm. .and it makes me reconsider my bag.

I can throw the Luna 250ft . . .and my drivers 350ft, so i only have a small "gap" for mids and fairways
I love my Buzzz, BUT i can throw a Luna just as far

So i might just go putters and Fairways and take mids and Drivers out of the bag

Latest posts