• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

The Luna go far for me and my nudle arm. .and it makes me reconsider my bag.

I can throw the Luna 250ft . . .and my drivers 350ft, so i only have a small "gap" for mids and fairways
I love my Buzzz, BUT i can throw a Luna just as far

So i might just go putters and Fairways and take mids and Drivers out of the bag

ive come to a similar conclusion

mids are just not necessary but work better on windy days where as putters get thrown around easier by the wind

Guess we need to bump this thread. Hopefully whoever wanted one of the tour series Luna got one in this first wave.

They sold insanely fast, may still be a few available for stock price when i post this, but dont hold your breath.

Guess we need to bump this thread. Hopefully whoever wanted one of the tour series Luna got one in this first wave.

They sold insanely fast, may still be a few available for stock price when i post this, but dont hold your breath.

Yeah, most typical disc sites were already sold out at around 1am EST when I got around to checking. I grabbed a Hades just for the hell of it, and went to bed. This morning I figured I'd check again, and Infinite's entire stock of 400+ Hades were all gone already. Wtf, this Paul guy is just printing money for discraft ehh? I figured I'd check eBay and a non-gouging vendor on there still had some Luna's for normal retail prices up, so I snagged one. I'm really excited to finally get one for driving, I love that mold.

Discraft couldn't have made a better decision than picking up Paul and basically giving him whatever he wanted, it's insane how he can move discs, shoes, bags, or <___insert product here___>. They've made a lot of great business decisions since that awful dubstep ad came out 3 or 4 years ago.

Yeah those Lunas were moving fast last night. I thought about picking one up but thought better. Picked up a Hades and a couple Maltas though

as of 9pm on Friday, 5/22/20, Tour Series Z Lunas are still available directly from Discraft for $19.99.
I got five for $99.95 and free shipping.

The ones I got from an Ebay seller last night were $27.01 each with S&H.

The difference is that I got to individual discs from pictures at the Ebay seller.
Discraft order says that colors and weights are their choice.

There's room for both approaches, i think.

What is up with the Luna's rating being 3303. I don't believe those can be the true ratings for a putting putter and approach disc that flies straight. WTF?

What is up with the Luna's rating being 3303. I don't believe those can be the true ratings for a putting putter and approach disc that flies straight. WTF?

The ratings should be 3,3,0,2 but someone messed that up. The new TS Lunas are the most OS Luna available and I'll let you know on Tuesday if that holds true.

What'up LUNAtics. Please let that be a thing now. I see the new Z Tour Lunas are out. How os are they flying?

I already throw a Big Z Roach & thats not changing. Would the Tour Z luna be a good os compliment or not enough difference?

I'm using an AviarX3 right now & have really like PA1's in that role. Would the Z Luna be anywhere near those two?

The ratings should be 3,3,0,2 but someone messed that up. The new TS Lunas are the most OS Luna available and I'll let you know on Tuesday if that holds true.

AND?!?!?!?? :D

I just want to know how it compares distance-wise. If it has that sneaky glide dead straight forever flight of the jawbreaker blend, I'm sold even if it's a little more OS.

AND?!?!?!?? :D

I just want to know how it compares distance-wise. If it has that sneaky glide dead straight forever flight of the jawbreaker blend, I'm sold even if it's a little more OS.

I still haven't thrown mine. With the way the market is for them, mine's too pretty to throw. The 5x Cryztals are very close to what you describe but have a bit more fade, while the POTY Fierces fly close to what you describe, but both are upwards of $35 just for a thrower right now, I paid 25 for the 5x Luna and 40 for the POTY Fierce I have. Both were worth it IMO.

I still haven't thrown mine. With the way the market is for them, mine's too pretty to throw. The 5x Cryztals are very close to what you describe but have a bit more fade, while the POTY Fierces fly close to what you describe, but both are upwards of $35 just for a thrower right now, I paid 25 for the 5x Luna and 40 for the POTY Fierce I have. Both were worth it IMO.

Yeah, the Z runs are gorgeous. IMO that's the worst part of the jb blend lunas- they all look like their color scheme came from a 1990 hospital floor tile brochure.

Looking forward to hearing about the Zs, but honestly I'm kinda not because of how voracious the flip market has become. It's super annoying.

Looking forward to hearing about the Zs, but honestly I'm kinda not because of how voracious the flip market has become. It's super annoying.

Y'all have at it while I'm happily throwing and putting JB Roaches. I got over the premium Luna after the first run of Big Z or ESP, whatever it was. Envy is a fine compliment to my Roaches.

Is my proto Luna worth anything? The one with the gritty plastic.

Y'all have at it while I'm happily throwing and putting JB Roaches. I got over the premium Luna after the first run of Big Z or ESP, whatever it was. Envy is a fine compliment to my Roaches.

Is my proto Luna worth anything? The one with the gritty plastic.

Yeah Proto Lunas are worth something. Would depend on the condition and stamp/color.

The newest run of Lunas seem to be softer than the earlier ones, and my Slomez stamped ones are money.

I was using roaches, but wasn't happy with the premium ones for driving and a plastic wasn't available that was stiff enough for summer. That led me back to the Luna. I have been liking it a lot. The rubber blend is stiff enough for hot summer days, but not as stiff as say a soft wizard. I like the current run better than the 5 protos I have collecting dust. I also really like the tour Z. It feels so much better in my hand than the premium roaches that are available. Nice low shoulder and some tackiness to it. You can throw them really hard without fear of it flipping over and a consistent mellow fade, 0/2 seems appropriate. They also go as far as my mids which is something. It sucks they cost more than your average disc, but I think I might be onboard for a bit.

Yeah Proto Lunas are worth something. Would depend on the condition and stamp/color.

The newest run of Lunas seem to be softer than the earlier ones, and my Slomez stamped ones are money.
This is my proto, threw it about 10 times, probably not an ideal color.
I was using roaches, but wasn't happy with the premium ones for driving and a plastic wasn't available that was stiff enough for summer. That led me back to the Luna. I have been liking it a lot. The rubber blend is stiff enough for hot summer days, but not as stiff as say a soft wizard. I like the current run better than the 5 protos I have collecting dust. I also really like the tour Z. It feels so much better in my hand than the premium roaches that are available. Nice low shoulder and some tackiness to it. You can throw them really hard without fear of it flipping over and a consistent mellow fade, 0/2 seems appropriate. They also go as far as my mids which is something. It sucks they cost more than your average disc, but I think I might be onboard for a bit.
I've heard other folks on here complain about JB in the summer but I honestly don't notice much difference. Gets pretty hot here too. I'm fairly dialed in with them. I throw one that's fairly worn for straight/flippy approaches and compliment with an Envy.

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_165947.jpg
    IMG_20200602_165947.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 39
This is my proto, threw it about 10 times, probably not an ideal color.

I've heard other folks on here complain about JB in the summer but I honestly don't notice much difference. Gets pretty hot here too. I'm fairly dialed in with them. I throw one that's fairly worn for straight/flippy approaches and compliment with an Envy.

Not the most ideal color (black, pink, white, etc.), but a cool stamp. I'd guess $30 if not more, depending on where and how you sell it.

Anyone else throw their Tour Series yet?

I bought a Proto, threw it a few times and was digging the effortless distance and accuracy. My Tour Series is all that, but with more glide I feel. Loving it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_181133.jpg
    IMG_20200603_181133.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts