• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pdga championship - who will win?

If you don't like the payouts you can always choose to play with the "Trophy Only" entry fee. All PDGA events allow trophy only entries. It is 1/3 the cost to play in whatever division you choose. And you only win a trophy if one is available.

How much does it cost to "rent" the public disc golf course for a tourney?

In Southern California the cost for a permit is between $1,000 to $1,600 per weekend. Wintertime Open at Oak Grove pays $3,200 to host the event over two weekends!!!

When I was a TD in Iowa and Minnesota, it usually only cost $25.00 to $50.00 per weekend to rent a park shelter.

I imagine most parks charge somewhere in between.

I could be wrong. I have seen it done at 2 events this year. Neither advertised such a field, but when the TD was asked about the idea, they looked up the rules, and allowed the players to play in the trophy-only division.

example...a player played Pro last weekend for $35. Entry was originally $85. He had no chance to cash, and no trophy was available. But he still got to play Pro and the pros got an extra $35 in the payout. I thought it was pretty cool.

It is an option for TDs to do that, but they are not required to allow the option per the PDGA. It would be a good option, but hardly easy to mandate everyone offers.

I get a pretty sweet deal when I host an event at the course here. $0 to reserve the course for the weekend and to reserve a nice covered picnic shelter with several nice big tables and restrooms in the parking lot. The Parks Dept. normally charges quite a bit more for most park reservations. Why am I the special one? Well it probably stems from the fact that I have donated many hours over the years to help the Parks Dept. with any of their activities that involve flying discs, from the Wham-O Juniors series in the 80's-90's, the Canine competitions they've been doing for nearly 20 years, and the Summer Activity Programs for kids in the neighborhood parks. So even though it appears to be of no cost to anyone, believe me, it's been costing me plenty through my DG career. And that is not including the years of work I've put into developing the nice course that the Parks Dept. can advertise to local citizens/families for their use.

example...a player played Pro last weekend for $35. Entry was originally $85. He had no chance to cash, and no trophy was available. But he still got to play Pro and the pros got an extra $35 in the payout. I thought it was pretty cool.

or lost out on $50, depending on the person and how badly he wanted to play. There are plenty of players who attend tournaments and play open with a 1 in 10 or greater chance of finishing in the money, yet still like to play Pro.

Latest posts