• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pdga championship - who will win?

I prefer the latter, but will not whine about the current setup like so many others do because I enjoy the competition more than anything else...

+1

Here are the items from the players pack!

dsc0002ew.jpg

dsc0003ci.jpg

Wow, I been playing three years now and I am 917 rated player! He seems forehand dominant (just saw video of his forehand bomb), how is his backhand?

Hope he will play at USDGC so I ll have chance to meet him and watch him play next week.

He absolutely bombs BH as well, maybe not as consistent in the woods though. After watching him at the Seneca Soiree in June I said he would be rookie of the year. I think this just put the icing on the cake. I played with Big Jerm last weekend at the Patapsco Picnic and we were talking about him being ROY.

He has a great backhand as well. And can putt with the best of them. Kid has no fear. He plays a pretty wicked game of Ping Pong too.

And he is probably the nicest, most down-to-earth person you will ever meet. I'm so glad the rest of the world will finally know his name.

Last edited:
Man! I would love to see that shot on video. I suppose Clash guys are shooting videos there. What did Will use to bomb 500 ft drive? I guessing DD.

Will is like 130 or 140 pounder, but he sure got technique and timing perfect to throw those bombs. Congrats to Wysocki for winning his first major.

I believe it was a DD, definitely a discmania disc. Perfect flip-up flat and perfect line. Didn't even mention his drive on the first home, power hyzer down a tight line 400+.

He has a great backhand as well. And can putt with the best of them. Kid has no fear. He plays a pretty wicked game of Ping Pong too.

And he is probably the nicest, most down-to-earth person you will ever meet. I'm so glad the rest of the world will finally know his name.

yep... nice kid... and absolutely destroyed everyone at the blockhouse open in ping pong...

I'm not sure what's in the water in Medina, but I need to stop using my Brita filter because I'm not getting any of it. :p

Yeah Medina had some great players come out of there. Jenkins crew. Mike Sommerfeld 2000 am worlds champ. Can't remember the guys name, but he won advanced masters in 2000 and was from Medina. Next up....Ian Kuehn.

Is giving more frisbees to the top of the Advanced division bringing new players to the sport?

Try giving more discs to rec and novice players, that's how we keep beginners in the sport.

I've done the custom huk lab/camptime stools for player packs before and they are expensive as hell.

I'd say for a $100 entry getting a custom huk stool and a polo is pretty sweet. Top that off with a $10 coupon for a bbq dinner? Not too shabby..

Putting a Huk logo on anything makes the price jump 300%, no added value though.

I'm not sure what those who complain about payouts are looking for.

They're looking for TDs to keep amateur money in the amateur payout instead of giving it to the pros

+1000

yup, I would say that's a safe assumption, he's really good all around, and man he can putt.

Yeah Medina had some great players come out of there. Jenkins crew. Mike Sommerfeld 2000 am worlds champ. Can't remember the guys name, but he won advanced masters in 2000 and was from Medina. Next up....Ian Kuehn.

I believe it was a DD, definitely a discmania disc. Perfect flip-up flat and perfect line. Didn't even mention his drive on the first home, power hyzer down a tight line 400+.

My bet is a older 11x KC pro Teebird. :) Will dose not throw a DD. Only Discmaina in his bag would have been a P1, P2, PD, or maybe a MD2, but his go to for that shot all year has been one of the 2 11x Teebirds.

-Chris

He throws a good backhand as well.

I'm guessing he won't be attending/playing USDGC, although he recently moved to Charlotte so maybe he'll be around.

It would be good time for Ricky to play at USDGC cause he has only 1020 ratings and it will be handicap advantage for him if he can shoot at least 1050 rated rounds.

I don't want to sound like a greedy pro, but why do Ams feel as if they should get merchandise at cost? If a TD gets sponsorship and most of it is in merchandise, they can turn that merch in to cash or do what they want with it. Why is that a scam? If you go to Target, do you question what they paid for it and why you have to pay retail? I am by no means saying all added cash or merch has to go to Open though.

As for the Ams at this event or any event, the new payout structures seem to be paying deeper and giving a players package to ensure more people get "stuff". Paying huge amounts to first place only encourages bagging as others have stated. Then the arguement isn't low payouts, it moves to Ams who continually stay around and win every tournament. I have seen it for twenty years and I think the deeper payouts have only helped prevent bagging. Now the PDGA needs to eliminate about 30 of the 40 divisions so there is not so much overlap! :) Just my two cents....

Now back to the purpose of the thread, Wysocki is a beast and I am pumped to see him out on tour smacking people around! I just hope he goes to college and doesn't try to do this for a living.....get that education Socki!

I don't want to sound like a greedy pro, but why do Ams feel as if they should get merchandise at cost? If a TD gets sponsorship and most of it is in merchandise, they can turn that merch in to cash or do what they want with it. Why is that a scam? If you go to Target, do you question what they paid for it and why you have to pay retail? I am by no means saying all added cash or merch has to go to Open though.

As for the Ams at this event or any event, the new payout structures seem to be paying deeper and giving a players package to ensure more people get "stuff". Paying huge amounts to first place only encourages bagging as others have stated. Then the arguement isn't low payouts, it moves to Ams who continually stay around and win every tournament. I have seen it for twenty years and I think the deeper payouts have only helped prevent bagging. Now the PDGA needs to eliminate about 30 of the 40 divisions so there is not so much overlap! :) Just my two cents....

Now back to the purpose of the thread, Wysocki is a beast and I am pumped to see him out on tour smacking people around! I just hope he goes to college and doesn't try to do this for a living.....get that education Socki!

Well said!! :thmbup::thmbup:

+1 to this :thmbup:

Now the PDGA needs to eliminate about 30 of the 40 divisions so there is not so much overlap! :) Just my two cents....

Well worded post and my sentiments exactly.....except for this part (and having never watched RW play even one complete round....but I agree about college over DG!).

The different divisions are there to allow TDs to tailor their events to specific needs they have in mind. There are lots of different formats of events and lots of different regional needs around the world that the PDGA needs to be mindful of.

If and when the TDS and/or their customers (the players) want tournaments with less divisions there is absolutely nothing stopping them from having tournaments with fewer divisions.

Why should the AMs have money made off of them? We paid to play, paid the PDGA and now we have to pay to get our prizes? Don't worry though, most of the Pro's on Facebook make all the Open players look greedy.

Why should the AMs have money made off of them? We paid to play, paid the PDGA and now we have to pay to get our prizes? Don't worry though, most of the Pro's on Facebook make all the Open players look greedy.

Who did you pay to play? The TD? The pDGA? The local club? The course owner (City Parks Dept.)?

Are you saying it's their responsibility to take your money and multiply it just for you? Is it possible they believe that's their money once you've turned it over? If they can multiply those monies and still pay out your division 100%+, you've really got no say what happens with the $$$ they are smart enough to generate.