• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

TL/DR;

What the heck are you trying to say?

Blomroos has a very obvious weakness to her game. Just being an average FPO putter could have earned her a world title with how well she was throwing off the tee. I calculated the birdie counts she would have gotten with average putting from her tee shots & approaches (the Greens in Regulation & Parked stats from UDisc https://udisclive.com/players/hennablomroos?t=proworlds2022)

Feeling pretty good about this from 2020:

For FPO among currently active players, I'd go with Jessica Weese. Long time fixture, usually a threat to make lead cards, and wins a surprising number of events with little fanfare. For example, the 2019 CCR Open and 2018 Ledgestone. I'd love to see her take down a World title.

In terms of players most likely to win, I'll go with Kristin Tattar. Excellent all around game. Just a matter of time. She's already won a major, so the hurdle of winning a big event has already been overcome.

McB takes the lead.

Will Gossage start gripping even harder? Does Paul sink into flow state? Will he keep trusting his putt, which he hasn't this whole week?

Blomroos has a very obvious weakness to her game. Just being an average FPO putter could have earned her a world title with how well she was throwing off the tee. I calculated the birdie counts she would have gotten with average putting from her tee shots & approaches (the Greens in Regulation & Parked stats from UDisc https://udisclive.com/players/hennablomroos?t=proworlds2022)

I understand the premise but NOT the conclusion. Obviously there is a weakness there. But she is a 22-yr-old whose game hasn't gotten to all it's gonna be yet. You are basically saying that if she improves her putting she will win, but that doesn't take into account others' improvement. As I said earlier, Kristin also missed her share of "makeable" putts in round 3. Put those in the KT column and there is NO WAY Henna comes close. I'm not saying she didn't play well, because she did. She finished 2nd at Worlds for goodness' sake. But to expect her to be an even better putter than she normally is, on the biggest stage, in front of the largest crowds, with the most cameras following her, in a foreign country, etc., is an unrealistic expectation for such a young player whose game isn't totally honed yet, and who hasn't been on this stage ever before.

Just plain an unrealistic expectation.

Too bad Calvin struggled on some early holes. I was hoping he could make some moves to be more of a factor. Didn't work out that way. :\

Wow. Didn't see that coming.

Kid gets the lead back; three holes to go.

Then Paul takes back the stroke on 16.

Can't say it isn't compelling.

There's no way Paul was missing his birdie put on 16. Gossages fate is dtill on his own hands, but McBeth showing, he's still the one you gotta beat, to win Worlds.

:popcorn:

Pauls putting has been off all year. . but when he REALLY need it. . .hes putter goes hot