• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pennsylvania DG Tour 2012

i didnt read all the posts in the thread, but i can say that carousel is a nice course. sedgely woods is right here in philly, also my home course.

if once you get to the east side of the state and you need a partner, shoot me a PM and if im free (im retired so i have lots of free time) id be glad to throw a round or two with you

Alright, things are firming up. I'm taking a red eye into Pittsburgh the morning of 9/8 and am not flying out until 9/16. This gives me two extra days of golf:
9/8 - Moraine and Deer Lakes
9/9 - Woodshed and Whipping Post
9/10 - Seneca Creek and Patapsco
9/11 - Iron Hill and Jordan Creek
9/12 - Tyler and Nockamixon
9/13 - Brakewell Steel
9/14 - Quakers Challenge and Whispering Falls
9/15 - Knob Hill

Alright, things are firming up. I'm taking a red eye into Pittsburgh the morning of 9/8 and am not flying out until 9/16. This gives me two extra days of golf:
9/13 - Brakewell Steel
9/15 - Knob Hill & LINBROOK

FTFY

9/13 - Brakewell Steel
9/15 - Knob Hill

Im not the best in the sport, but i love me a game at Tyler or Nocky!

shoot me a PM if youre looking for some company on the course

Strong line-up, I like it !
Same courses, little different order;
9/8 - Knob Hill and Deer Lakes
9/11 - Iron Hill and Tyler
9/12 - Nockamixon and Jordan Creek
9/13 - Brakewell Steel
9/15 - Moraine

Strong line-up, I like it !
Same courses, little different order;
9/8 - Knob Hill and Deer Lakes
9/11 - Iron Hill and Tyler
9/12 - Nockamixon and Jordan Creek
9/13 - Brakewell Steel
9/15 - Moraine

I'm trying to keep the least essential Pittsburgh course (of the three I'm playing) open for 9/15 in case I don't make it back in time that day. I'm going to check out Gettysburg that morning.

9/8 - Moraine and Deer Lakes - That's going to be a brutal day after a Red Eye! If you need a local to show you around let me know!

Bugs have not been bad here in western PA but I would bring some just in case. Deer Lakes is always a little more buggy than the other courses in the area.

I'd bring bug spray just to keep deer ticks off you - PA, DE & MD all have them. Can of Off in the bag is better than Lime Disease....IMHO

You'll want some spray when you play Whispering Falls. It's been a wet summer and the skeeters are loving it. In regards to WF, you can print a map from our website, whisperingfalls.net (I suggest it, makes it much easier, although every tee sign has directions to the next hole).

Here's a map of the new nine. Just as an FYI- we haven't completed the renumbering yet, I suggest playing the new nine (holes 19-27) after you play hole 16 before you play 17 and 18. Easier walking, more logical flow, and basically what will be accomplished after the renumbering is done.
narsty9.jpg

Day one began with a whimper and ended with a bang. Redeye from LAX to JFK was hellish. Didn't sleep a wink and felt like I was going to hurl half the time. Got to Pittsburgh around 10 am and was greeted by the wind and rain. Got lost trying to get to my hotel. Getting around in cities with rivers really sucks if you're not familiar with them. Checked in to my hotel and crashed out for three hours. Woke up at 4 to see the storm had broken and headed out to Deer Lakes. In a word, awesome. In another word, empty. Apparently the storm scared everyone away. Cool hole after cool hole. Only managed one bird on the par 4 13th, but the course was so much fun I didn't mind much. Paw Paw tomorrow and right now the weather looks good for the rest of the trip.

you need to play both at pawpaw, they just mowed all the grass last weekend. It is in the middle of nowhere, so pack a lunch or expect a 15 minute drive for food. This is easily one of my favorite sets of courses, gorgeous.

Last edited:
Day two was The Woodshed and Whipping Post. Great courses, but ridiculously tight in spots. Couldn't ask for better weather, unless you like low humidity. According to Gabby, one of the dogs got bit by a copperhead the day before. Gave me something to think about. Haven't been skunked yet, thanks to a heroic birdy on hole 3 at the Whipping Post. Finished the day at Dogfish Head in Gaithersburg. Mmmmm beer.

I'm trying to get a ride up to Tyler on Tuesday.
Am looking forward to getting back to Tyler, haven't played since early LAST summer. Also looking forward to meeting new Disc Golfers and picking up some more pointers...

I PM'd you my number. Hit me up Tuesday when you're heading to Tyler and I'll know by then if I can make it