• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight Booster PaK and Challenger PaK

J
I asked about a rain fly and there is not

Kilgus has a post in answer to me probably on page 2

the video on (I think) Pg4 will also give an answer

There is not a rain fly. The material is all water resistant and so are the zippers. Rain will not seep thru the zippers unless you submerge the bag under the water. A rain fly is not needed because the upper and lower compartment are seperated in a way that allows you to close either te top or bottom section of te bag and still get to either compartment, their is hidden Velcro in the bottom of the top compartment that makes this possible. The side pouch is made deep enough that you can open your umbrella and stick it in and zip up the pocket to secure it so no rain fly required.

here is the answer

I'll assume that rain cover and rain fly are one and the same

Thanks ManU. There is no rain fly/ cover. It's not needed. With the opportunity to take your umbrella and cinch it up it gives your the opportunity to not have to carry it in your hand so it covers you and the bag. Also the bag has a water proof liner and water resistant outer. Overall we have found it better to use the way I described than charging extra for a rain fly when our way is much more functional.

We currently have only 1 purple bag and one orange bag left in stock. All other colors are sold out. If you would like a certain color let me know or send a message via the website and we can get you that color in with our next batch. No changes on the 2nd batch. We have had no complaints major complaints so far.

Really digging that Booster Pak. As someone who only gets a chance to play sporadically I've been looking for a backpack style bag that won't break the bank and so far there have been zero on the market...

Any chance we could get some more pictures of it to see what kind of pockets/zippers the Booster Pak has/doesn't have?

Digging that booster pak. Keep us updated when you get more vids/pics of the features. Love the price and the look.

Hey, these look like the bags you were supposed to give me for the work I did....

Oh wait, nevermind, you re-nigged (or reneged for thie non-phoneti spellers) on that.

I am happy to report that Chris and Physical Flight have remedied this situation. It seems that a change in shipping suppliers and a transition in the business plan/model led to this slipping through the cracks a few times. Thanks for addressing this. The bag looks great - cant wait for some rounds to get out and use it.
:clap:

I am happy to report that Chris and Physical Flight have remedied this situation. It seems that a change in shipping suppliers and a transition in the business plan/model led to this slipping through the cracks a few times. Thanks for addressing this. The bag looks great - cant wait for some rounds to get out and use it.
:clap:

Yay! A feel good story to start off the day!

My Challenger Pak arrived yesterday, just in time for tourney weekend. I plan on posting a full review next week, but I wanted to give some first impressions after 1 practise round. First, the bag is exactly what I was looking for in terms of comfort and capacity. I'm carrying 16 in the main compartment, 2 backups in the horizontal side pocket, 2 putters in the pouch and a lid in the top. I was really hoping a 71Mold would fit in the horizontal side pocket, but that's no biggie. I've got my folding stool, a pullover, toque, 3 towels, a large ziploc full of odds n ends, snacks, smokes, birdie bag and there's room to spare still. This bag is extrememly comfortable and light on the back. Two fellow masters-aged friends gave it a good fondle last night and they both loved it. One said "If my first round tomorrow goes bad, can I DNF and caddy for you so I can carry it?", and the other, while I was explaining why the bag is on the taller side, finished my sentence with "so i dont have to freakn bend over to pick it up every time!". Designed for function, I love my Chally already!

My Challenger Pak arrived yesterday, just in time for tourney weekend. I plan on posting a full review next week, but I wanted to give some first impressions after 1 practise round. First, the bag is exactly what I was looking for in terms of comfort and capacity. I'm carrying 16 in the main compartment, 2 backups in the horizontal side pocket, 2 putters in the pouch and a lid in the top. I was really hoping a 71Mold would fit in the horizontal side pocket, but that's no biggie. I've got my folding stool, a pullover, toque, 3 towels, a large ziploc full of odds n ends, snacks, smokes, birdie bag and there's room to spare still. This bag is extrememly comfortable and light on the back. Two fellow masters-aged friends gave it a good fondle last night and they both loved it. One said "If my first round tomorrow goes bad, can I DNF and caddy for you so I can carry it?", and the other, while I was explaining why the bag is on the taller side, finished my sentence with "so i dont have to freakn bend over to pick it up every time!". Designed for function, I love my Chally already!

Dustin I'm glad you are enjoying the bag. Again thanks for the support from the great white north. I hope te bag treats you well and just a cause for reminder since the internal frame is a soft frame it is beneficial to place your stool or umbrella in the large side pocket to give it some support when you have it packed down.

Chris

Sorry if I missed this but how much does the bag weigh compared to others similiar in style (eg Grip)?

And also do the water bottle holders hold the larger Nalgene and gatorade bottles?

Sorry if I missed this but how much does the bag weigh compared to others similiar in style (eg Grip)?

And also do the water bottle holders hold the larger Nalgene and gatorade bottles?

Scotty it's larger bag than the grip but weighs less with our memory foam back and straps. Our bag weighs roughly 3lbs and yes wit will hold large nalgene. The water bottle holders are elastic at the top allowing the largest water bottles.

So I got my challenger pak friday and played a 3.5 round tournament this weekend with it, and it's exactly what I was looking for. I've been using a Revo Carolina w/ Quad Shocks for about 8 or 9 years. No experience with any other backpacks, other than trying on and looking at others'.

First off, the bag got a lot of attention, I got orange/black, and the PF logo on the putter pouch really stands out. I had quite a few people diggin' through the bag all weekend checking it out.

I normally only carry 10-12 discs, and not much other junk with me, but I wanted to put the bag to the test for at least 1 round. So the first round I loaded it up with as many dics as I could fit, extra hoodie, umbrella, stool, two 1L water bottles - the bag was pretty much full. It was super easy to carry, ultra light on the back, no stress on the shoulders and back at all.

The resat of the tournament I loaded what I normally carry and it was even better to carry (obviously). The only downside was it was reallllly windy and it blew over a couple times on me; albeit on sides of hills, so there wasn't much to be done about that.

The Challenger is solidly built, and I have no doubt it'll last me a long time.

Customer service from these guys is exceptional. If you're loking for a super comfortable lightweight bag, designed for function, the challenger pak delivers!

a couple pics of the challenger in action ..

discgolf%25201526.JPG

discgolf%25201529.JPG

discgolf%25201577.JPG

Thanks for the report and pics, Dusty.

Latest posts