• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

mattw said:
So its safe to assume that a Pro Teebird is a bad Teebird :?
I don't think you can say that as a blanket statement. It's just like most Pro plastic, it's good for awhile and then it just hits a threshold where it goes WAY understable and is only a roller disc, at best.

I have only thrown one Pro TB but it made a good roller disc when it got thrashed up.

Probably not the place to discuss, but why does everyone assume something super flippy/thrashed is a good roller disc? It is very hard to roll a super flippy disc a long ways.

No way I didnt pay too much. Its still pretty crisp and stable. Great condition. And I really love the teebird.

Ce valk 161g. It's a late run gummy but it feels awesome. Nice and flat, flips nicely.
Best part was I had to wait to dig thru the used bin because a group of 4 was digging out all the goodies(like 20 discs I didn't get to see). Somehow they missed this baby, probably the faded stamp but I knew the feel of the plastic before I could even see the stamp.

zj1002 said:
Best part was I had to wait to dig thru the used bin because a group of 4 was digging out all the goodies
i was lookin for a disc in the used bin yesterday
(light & worn DX Stingray for a newb lady, represent)
and i found a very-decent SE Leopard
made it past staff and weekend crowd :mrgreen:
and
i smelled a CE Eagle arriving the other day
a stack came in and derek got it
i said hey there's a treasure in there
dude i can smell it.
and
for karma the other day
this cool guy was buying a few eagles
so i let him have the $$ 10x that came in that morning
for six bucks

Not PIAS, but a good score nonethelss.

I was browsing a buy/sell/trade forum on a fishing website today & a guy throws this up there for $20:

Gulf discs

1 - barracuda driver 103 gram
1 - cobra driver 154 gram
1 - panther approach disc 175 gram
1 - aviar putter disc 171 gram

But, the best part is the aviar's a 9/10 chain stamp, the barracuda's a 10/10 circle stamp, the panther's a 9/10 circle stamp, but the cobra's beat to hell. I'll be picking them up later today.

pd

Been years since I posted here, glad to see the board is still running strong.

Anyway, I don't play much anymore, but happened to go in to PIAS in Fayetteville, AR, to pick up a jump rope. They had about 10 used discs. Staring me in the face when I glanced their way was an '01 CE Roc. I was in disbelief for a moment. It's well used and faded some, but not trashed, and well worth the $4.99 it cost me.

Took some pics during lunch. I'm not well-versed in the collectible stuff - I'm not crazy am I?

Edit: Also not well versed in html....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9518606@N07/

ApesOfWrath said:

Anyway, I don't play much anymore, but happened to go in to PIAS in Fayetteville, AR, to pick up a jump rope. They had about 10 used discs. Staring me in the face when I glanced their way was an '01 CE Roc. I was in disbelief for a moment. It's well used and faded some, but not trashed, and well worth the $4.99 it cost me.

That has to have been lost and then sold by someone else to PIAS. I did check the NWA board on the pdga and I saw nothing about losing one, and I can't make out the name on the back. Sweet find.

ApesOfWrath said:

teachers-head-explodes.jpg

Thought I died and went to heaven when I went in our PIAS. They usually have crap and never any used stuff. Well I feel like I hit the jackpot.
1 ce valk
2 11x firebirds
2 11x kcpro teebird
2 11x kcpro cheetah
1 sline grimlin (never tossed one but it looked great)
1 seasoned big bird ro
1 11x kcpro roc
2 10x kcpro eagles.
All were 4.99 a pop.