• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Plasma Volt, freakish stability?!

Haven't tried an Electron yet, but of all the premiums, you might be right. Plasmas are fine Volts indeed.

At the end of the day I havent found an exact volt to complain about.

I wouldnt recommend an electron for long term or heavy wooded use, or for any use at all. But at its brief "sweet spot" they crush.

My Volt of choice is a Plasma Volt. We recently got some Protons that feel like the gummy Proton that the Insanities first came in. Feels great in the hand and doesn't seem as overstable as the older firm Proton but my Plasma is just so buttery smooth and dead straight for 300'.

I had picked up a first run Neutron Volt and fell in love. Lost my girl and ordered a couple replacements, they were very stable....making me very sad. With AIM's suggestion I turned to a lighter weight Plasma Volt and the love affair is back on. This is a workhorse fairway driver. Straight, long and a reliable finish.

I have recently picked up a 159 gram fission volt and it has became my go to disc everywhere. Dead straight, moderate fade at end. Can flip it (occasionally, technique needs practice) up and it outdrives any other disc in my bag. I throw it whenever possible. Fairly certain my bag this year could only contain my volt and my ion and id be perfectly fine!

I have recently picked up a 159 gram fission volt and it has became my go to disc everywhere. Dead straight, moderate fade at end. Can flip it (occasionally, technique needs practice) up and it outdrives any other disc in my bag. I throw it whenever possible. Fairly certain my bag this year could only contain my volt and my ion and id be perfectly fine!

Most accurate thing Ive heard in a while.

0Uxj5ax.jpg

This 174 gram Plasma Volt flys 275 feet in serpentine flight pattern when thrown hard! Similar to fission volts in lower weights.
It's not anything like my Proton Volts which are beefcakes that only go 245feet for me. I am at 2100 feet elevation as well. I tested some 151-157 gram fission volts, and they go the same distance maybe 5 feet further, but with less fade. The fission volts can handle power with very little turn, and very little fade.