• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll - How Much Would You Pay?

How much would you pay for a one year membership in a private course?

• Total voters

TheBeardedFatGuy

Birdie Member
Like most DG courses, our local ones are in public parks and free to use. But, just for argument's sake, say a private, members-only course opened near you. Let's say it's 27 holes excellently designed, withe lighting for night play, a driving range, dedicated putting practice baskets, and a club house with an excellent selection of discs for sale. How much would you pay for a one year all-access membership?

If the design was Worlds caliber and they had a dedicated maintenance staff, I would go $100-$150. But, that had better be one hell of an epic course!

Not quite what the OP described, but our Homeowners Association has a nice private course in the neighborhood that is for residents. Definitely some great advantages: never crowded, high probability getting discs returned, well maintained, etc... . Our HOA dues are a little over $1,000 a year, but there are other amenities as well.

For what is described by the OP, I would most likely pay over $200 per year.

My nearest free course is a ten-minute drive, tops. With all the amenities you described, I'd happily pay $200 a year

I pay five times that to play 50-60 baseball games in any given year

I don't like being chained to a single course financially. Traveling and reviewing is far more exciting to me than settling for some super course facility

If it means I get to play a dedicated course without dog walkers and yokels picnicking on fairways, and if the P2P keeps away the casual chuckers and shirtless bros, I might be tempted to offer my first born and a handful of discs from my private stash.

If it was two 18 hole courses with at least 2 baskets and 2 teepads per hole I would pay $200-$300

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Somewhere between $50-$100.

If the clubhouse had a bar & grill and a comfortable outside deck, I'd pay more. I don't really need an excellent disc golf shop, I buy all my gear online. Some big HD sets with the NFL ticket & NBA season pass would be nice too, I'd pay more for that too.

It'd also have to be located in Florida or the Southwest, so I could play all year without absolutely freezing my ass off.

Also, why stop at 27 holes? Why not 2x18?

I don't know if I would pay. The problems of public courses aren't real prominent here and the public courses nears me are well enough designed. :\

I put "don't pay" because I just don't have the time to play enough to warrant the expense.

If it was a yearly membership or nothing I'd probably pass if there are free courses near by but if it was a daily rate and an obvious discount for a membership I'd pay depending on the overall greatness of the place.

Without a daily rate, no thanks. No way do I want to be tied to a single course, feeling like I have to play it to get my money's worth.

If it was a yearly membership or nothing I'd probably pass if there are free courses near by but if it was a daily rate and an obvious discount for a membership I'd pay depending on the overall greatness of the place.

Without a daily rate, I can't determine if the annual pass is a worthwhile purchase.

Well... $10 / round [high end price right now] @ 2 rounds /mo is pretty simple math to figure the +/- of $200.

"Near you" is the biggest factor. Compared to some people on this site i have 200+ courses "near me" but also have 3/4 courses i could walk or bike to. That would be biggest factor for me. Id rather not drive a half hour for said course. I can play a LOT of dg within 30miles. Hard to be tied to a single course.

Three rivers pass is like $50 for season and includes 3 amazing courses in bryant, elm, and hyland. So fing spoiled out here lol.

Latest posts