• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps talking about it, but I want to see it!!! Haha

I was behind a guy at Blue Ribbon this past Saturday who nailed his approach this way. From 150 feet out he wedged his D Magnet in there good. Old rules, fantastic birdie; new rules, gimmie par.

From a distance I swore it was a soft Vibram putter or even a Blunt Gumputt because of how it tacoed to fit between the cage's bars, but when I got up there it was definitely an old Magnet.

I was behind a guy at Blue Ribbon this past Saturday who nailed his approach this way. From 150 feet out he wedged his D Magnet in there good. Old rules, fantastic birdie; new rules, gimmie par.

Man, this rule got me good too. Literally the day after I was told of this rule change I through a sick thumber through some trees and heard some metal. I go sprinting down the fairway to see and it was stuck right in the side!!! I started running toward the basket, to pull it through, as my friends laughed. I had totally forgot about what I was told the day before and my first Ace was denied!!!! :wall:

SWEET!

Here's a couple from the new Chico course. Both are from hole 4 on the edge of the cliff.

Beautiful scenery. But that cliff may be a helicopter rescue waiting to happen. Hopefully I can add that one to my list next time I get out to Norcal.

i'm being serious. were you in an ace pool? did anyone see it wedge from the front? if not, i'd get my ace money.

I made the assumption that no one besides him saw it due to the fact that he was the one running to get a look, but yes, if anyone saw it, no good for you.

It happened at a club throwoff where a guy hit the cage straight on, the disc then flipped up and over and in. From the perspective of the tee, everyone thought it went through the cage. The people near the basket all claimed that it did what it did. Wouldn't that suck if that happened during a round and nobody was near the basket to see what actually happened? And that ace turned into a 2 because eyes decieved!?!? That my friends, is why it's a flawed rule. There should never be a chance where a golfer gets the short end of a stroke because he and his groups eyes tricked them.

The hole was only about 210ft out and I heard a distinct blunt metal sound, no chains. I figured at the velocity a thumber was comng in that if it went anywhere in the basket I would of heard a loud CHING!!!!

Maybe I screwed myself out of an ace, but you live you learn, and sooner or later I'll get my 1st!!!

i'm being serious. were you in an ace pool? did anyone see it wedge from the front? if not, i'd get my ace money.

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep this in mind tonight!!!

Last edited:
It showed up yesterday when I previewed my post. OK, let's try again:

Leaner:

Leaner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.