• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf winter photo

Undlulating hole 17 at The Crowle Hole.

attachment.php

154.jpg

This is from last year at Baker Farm (Widener Park).

This was taken at Grizzly Oaks at OU yesterday. One of it's front legs was like 50 yards in front of it on the hole. Something got a hold of this deer.

disc_golf_deer.jpg

This is my basket made out of skis, full to the brim with snow. We are on course to have a record winter here, and there is no sign of it ending. I love Tahoe!
imgp2100medium.jpg

all of our stuff here is almost melted

Today The Tahoe area surpassed 700 inches of snow for the season, and there is still no sign of it stopping. This is the most snow ever officially measured in the Tahoe area(not to be confused with total snow pack).

Last edited:
Today The Tahoe area surpassed 700 inches of snow for the season, and there is still no sign of it stopping. This is the most snow ever officially measured in the Tahoe area(not to be confused with total snow pack).

where in the hell do you put it all? we had probably around 200 and i was running out of places to throw the snow

where in the hell do you put it all? we had probably around 200 and i was running out of places to throw the snow

Believe me, it gets to be a problem. The one thing you have to remember is we live in very hilly country. So usually you just send the snow down hill if possible. However if its flat your only option is a very strong blower, the likes that can shoot snow 100' in the air. I work at a ski resort on Donner summit, one of the highest places around. Our snow banks are no joke at-least 50' tall now. I'll take a photo next time I'm up there. Its truly unbelievable. To say the last the roads around here get very narrow, and all turns are blind. You can ID a locals car easily, they ALL have damage, lol. Gotta love snow country.

There is absolutely no playing snow disc in this kinda snow...

I thought we were done!

Had great weather all week, and then on Wednesday... BAM. Worst conditions of the year. Blinding icy snow flying sideways with 30 mph gusts. I Wore sunglasses just so I could keep my eyes open, and they had icicles hanging off them. My bag was packed with snow by the end of the day.

We went from nothing to 6'-8' in two rounds. Whiteout conditions the whole way. Forget watching where the discs landed, they disappeared 50 ft. off the tee.

I hope we're done. It was a fun and challenging two rounds, but... I hope we're done.

<waving white flag emoticon>