• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

I really should get some shots of my boy discing. Here's his Easter pose.

DSCI0987.jpg

I love boxers..i cant wait until i can have another. My parents sold them when i was younger i was used to haveing 20 of them at all times

2827d49e.jpg

Heres Rocko. I didnt play DG when i had him. He was good for cruising with me in my vert impala, eatching cheeseburgers and chilling. RIP buddy.

P1000582.jpg

P1000583.jpg

it has been a while since I have taken Oscar out, but he may be calmer and more useful now.

This thread needed a revival. This is my newest buddy. He's in the midst of recovery right now, but he'll be in good shape come spring time. Welcome Smokey to the course.

Smokey11-12-201101.jpg

Smokey11-12-201102.jpg

IMG_20111119_120510.jpg

Welcome Smokey! Whats he recovering from?

He's the dog from TOURNEYPLAYER's Flea Market thread. Thanks to some very kind and generous members he's got it pretty good now. He was pretty mangy when I got him, and he's looking pretty bald from the medication. Those photos hide the spots fairly well. As a result of the mange, he also had some complications from being neutrered (now healed). I just can't wait for his fur to come back.

c8e0ec5d.jpg

cd360002.jpg

we just rescued this guy about 2 months ago! He was already named pickles when we got him and he knew that name very well so we left it the same. he does very well at the course on and off the leash. so far has been good with other dogs as well as children, just thought it was about time to show the little guy off!

this is my favorite thread i can't wait to turn my 4 month old puppy into a disc dog..anyone have tips for keeping a hyper dog well behaved on the course? shes an australian shepherd so shes bound to be crazy but theres nothing that sucks more than someones dog running around like a nut

this is my favorite thread i can't wait to turn my 4 month old puppy into a disc dog..anyone have tips for keeping a hyper dog well behaved on the course? shes an australian shepherd so shes bound to be crazy but theres nothing that sucks more than someones dog running around like a nut

I don't take my dog out discing with me, but personally I would start by taking him out to a field while you do field work. Train him to sit by your bag while you're throwing, walking beside you when you walk, once he's good about it reward him by letting him run around. After that I'd take him to the course when it's not busy, let him get used to being around all the people while not playing in a big group, break him in slowly.

There's a local old guy who won his first Major in 83 that plays at our local course. He's got a big dog he always brings out with him, but he's so well behaved. He always keeps close and doesn't bark or whine(most the time) and knows his particular places he's allowed to get off the leash and romp. He also knows not to go to the bathroom in the fairway. I thought it was funny the first time I played with him, I saw the dog running into the fairway and sniffing around.. His owner yelled "not in the fairway". The dog walked over to the rough and did his business.

Not really a disc dog....

I don't take her to the course because she likes to wait until you get right to the end of the teepad, right before you release the disc, then bark, turn and run after the disc. Crazy annoying.

Great dog for around the house. More of an "alarm dog" than a guard dog.

She weighed about a pound and a half when we got her and weighs right around 7-8 pounds now.

Izzy as a puppy...
picture.php

Izzy from earlier this year. She always has a small tennis ball around for us to throw and fetch around the house.
picture.php

This is Rocky. I just got him today. Rescued him from going to the pound. I just happen to see a post on Facebook from someone at my Church. He wandered up to their weekend property, and they were leaving, and they couldn't just leave him there alone, and they already have 4 dogs, so they couldn't keep him. They were going to have to take him to the pound, but they were trying to find him a home. I had decided to try getting another dog, and so far, he is pretty cool.

He appears to be about 6 months old. I am not sure, but his balls are just starting to drop. I am taking him to the vet in a couple of weeks , and I will know for sure. He has stood by the door to go out, and peed and pooped outside, so he appears to be housebroken already. That part makes me happy. He doesn't really like to walk on a leash, but he will walk with me, and doesn't run off, so I am hopeing with some training, he will be a great dog to take to the disc golf course. He is super friendly, and seems to like everyone, and dosen't bark:

rocky.jpg

311495_2720534256597_1354277789_33101773_1323370470_n.jpg

That's good looking dog Midnight.

Did anyone check to see if he'd been micro-chipped? The only reason I ask is because you mentioned that it seems like he's already been house trained.

That's good looking dog Midnight.

Did anyone check to see if he'd been micro-chipped? The only reason I ask is because you mentioned that it seems like he's already been house trained.

He is going to the vet soon, and I will check then

Awesome dog Midnight. I also love the story of how you rescued him.

This is Duke. He is a rescue as well. He's about a year and a half old lab/pit mix. Extremely friendly and also doesn't bark. Couldn't ask for a better dog.

285033_10100237330230280_16928582_47742628_3319811_n.jpg

223751_10100237330674390_16928582_47742644_2363877_n.jpg