• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

but for now.. New favorite
photo2-2.jpg

How can you tell if they're plus molded? I want to order one but I dont want a plus mold, maybe I dont see it on the stamp somewhere

you can't really tell now since neither run has patent numbers. you're basically at the mercy of whoever you're asking.

you can't really tell now since neither run has patent numbers. you're basically at the mercy of whoever you're asking.

This was a really stupid decision on Innova / Discmania's part. Who in the world thought it'd be a good idea to release two completely different discs with the same name and stamp?

I believe the plus mold first production runs were a mistake, one Jussi said would never happen again.

As for those asking about making sure you don't get a plus run, I know there are a lot of great online retailers in our sport that all will go above and beyond to make sure you get exactly what you want. Many of those retailers are members here and very active on the site. Shoot any one of them a PM and ask them about it.

zj1002 and ZAMson are DiscNation
solomon.trenton is Marshall St.
discspeed is Clearwater DG

I know there are many more that other members could/will add, but those should be enough for you to get what you need. You could also order some F2 from the Innova Factory Store if you're too shy to PM anyone.

I believe the plus mold first production runs were a mistake, one Jussi said would never happen again.

You'd have thought they'd have corrected it by stamping them as PD+s or something - Not owning up to the issue makes it look like they're trying to pawn their mistake off on unsuspecting players.

You'd have thought they'd have corrected it by stamping them as PD+s or something - Not owning up to the issue makes it look like they're trying to pawn their mistake off on unsuspecting players.

And Innova hasn't already established that as their business model?

How can you tell if they're plus molded? I want to order one but I dont want a plus mold, maybe I dont see it on the stamp somewhere

Just order a pearly plastic C-PD. They are not plus mold.
If you can't see an exact pic. of the disc, have them verify that it's pearly and/or ask them if the rim is as slanted as a separate + mold disc.

Just got a S-PD and P-PD from MST. Only had a chance to toss them a few times. They are more stable than I was imagining, but I only threw them twice so who knows. The plastic feels GREAT though. I'm stoked to try these puppies out at doubles tomorrow morning:)

Mine was. Took 20-30 hits to straighten it out....and then one more to add a bit more fade to it. :doh: A couple more hits and it should be right again. :D

Just got a S-PD and P-PD from MST. Only had a chance to toss them a few times. They are more stable than I was imagining, but I only threw them twice so who knows. The plastic feels GREAT though. I'm stoked to try these puppies out at doubles tomorrow morning:)

Can't speak for P's, but thrash up that S and it will be a thing of pure beauty!
You'll probably want another soon to start working in a backup, just in case...I know I should be working on one, too!

the ppds can vary,thats the main reason i stopped throwing them. the first few i had were straight out of the box and when i went to cycle a new one it was beefy . more so than a new s line. so i dropped them amd just kept working my spds and sooner than later,mine was breaking in. by far my most favorite pd in the bag now. soooo now i have 3 s lines in the bag,my beat up one ,a seasoned s that im working to be a back up and a newer s to start beating jn as well.

the metal flake dd2's at the pro shop are giving me hope that we'll eventually see a metal flake pd.

does anyone know where you can get different stamped s line pd's or if there is even such thing? The stamp kinda freaks me out lol

The Freak stamp is a US only (I believe) stamp. There was a run or two of shield stamps after the first runs, but I don't think there are any more. If you want the shield stamp, you'll have to either find them in the MP, on eBay, or from somewhere overseas.