• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I hit basket on a 350-360 ft carry over water hole the other day. On a dead straight line.

But I find my C-PD to be stable enough to flick, it is actually my favorite flick disc. So, it's not SUPER stable, but it is stable. (stable meaning overstable) Look at a flight chart.

Since i dont want to read 43 pages of thread...Opinions on C-PD and its ability to fight a head wind...lets say...distance at 350+ and then again at 400+

Since i dont want to read 43 pages of thread...Opinions on C-PD and its ability to fight a head wind...lets say...distance at 350+ and then again at 400+

They still fly overstable into a moderate headwind (10-15ish) at 350' or so.
If you crush one 400' into a moderate headwind, it'll be dead-straight through most of the flight, and still have a slight bit of fade at the very end.
I'm referring to my flat CFR-PD's and the comparably overstable pearly run that's been out for about a year now, but trickles into stock slowly at most shops.
I trust them more than any other disc in my bag for that distance range headwind shot, because I can dial them into a straight or hyzer line at full power and have no chance of flipping and rarely overshoot outside the circle. That leaves throwing short or hyzering out early the only way to fail, and if you fully commit to the shot, that won't happen. :)

i have a orange star pd 167 with freak stamp...they fly too overstable for me. esp at low weight like 167.

give me a saint and you can have this PD.

Nikon00003255_zpsbf577be6.jpg

they beat in so nice though, mine is dead straight to 350 so easily, and at the same time FH anny 325 so easily. I got a 166 and need to get another to start working on

i have a orange star pd 167 with freak stamp...they fly too overstable for me. esp at low weight like 167.

give me a saint and you can have this PD.

Nikon00003255_zpsbf577be6.jpg

Sounds like you needed to try a P-Line if you wanted a straighter one out of the box.

it was really a full throw disc for me....i want a control disc out of the box. i thought the CPD were the beefy ones...maybe i got confused since there are two molds of the PD.

is the champ called a PDX and the star a PDL? I like the feel of the L mold but it was really stable and lacked the glide. yeah you can muscle it far but i wanted a control/fairway not another destroyer.

There isn't a PDX or PDL mold, its just in the different plastics, the C-Line(Champ) maintains its shoulder and PLH much better than in the P-Line(pro). Some of the S-Lines(Stars) can also be down right beefy, and the older P-Line that are gummy are fairly overstable also.

I really like C-Line/S-Line TDs(the non-plus mold ones) for nice straight 80% hardly any fade shots.

The CD in S-Line is also a very nice stable control driver. It gets overshadowed by the PD/TD but it is a great disc also. Kinda a "better" viking, if there could be such a thing :)

that pd sounds like it was just a high plh pd or a old mold pd.like stated above,there arent pdx or pdl's,just pds in diff plastics. the cfrs are the most overstable of the pds but theyre super flat and not like current production cpds.every pd i have gotten wasnt too beefy,more like beat up preds out of the box. they shouldnt be that much more ovwrstable than a teebird/eagle x.

did u get a blunt nose/old top pd matt? those sometimes get mixed in with the reg pds and they are more overstable than standard pds.

if u really want a control driver out of the box the saint is like my beat spd. or you can try a fresh std rush or a scd craze...both of those are really straight out of the box and like beat up pds.

from most stable to least stable
cfr pd
blunt nose pd(test config)
cpd
spd
ppd

Last edited:
so technically there are two molds of pds but theyre completely diff discs,not just a flat wing or concave wing like a eagle L and eagle x. that and only one mold is in production(current anhyzer top). the test config was originally the pd but was changed. the factory store sells these test configs but dont produce them on a regular basis.

The First Run S-Line PDs (non-test config) are also pretty stable. I'd put them right next to the current run C-PDs in terms of stability.