• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Don't forget about the + mold C-Lines too. They're a lot closer to flying like actual PDs than the Test Config.

lol yeah i forgot those too lol

ok

most overstable to least overstable

cfr pd
test config/original top pd
3rd run cpd and first run spd (both similar in stability)
+mold cpd and regular run spd (both similar in stability)
ppd

Last edited:
lol yeah i forgot those too lol

ok

most overstable to least overstable

cfr pd
test config/original top pd
3rd run cpd and first run spd (both similar in stability)
+mold cpd and regular run spd (both similar in stability)
ppd

Yup.

I know a lot of people hate on the Plus Mold C-PD, but I don't mind them a bit. I pull one out on a couple of holes where I don't want to lose my precious 1st Runs, and they do just fine. I think they don't have as much glide (kinda like the CFRs), but they fly just fine. I guess the thrower would just have to look past the feel in grip.

I find my +mold is fine on glide. it seems to kick in on the fade, I'll put it straight and when it slows it pops up a couple feet and gets a lot of leftward movement before landing. If find it's a lot different than the fade characteristics of other overstable discs that super tired and find the ground quick.

Question without reading whole thread:

I am looking for an overstable driver to sit beside my 166 Star Roadrunner. Everything I try seems to hook a bit earlier than I want. The Saint is the closest thing I have to my vision, however I am wanting something at least 20 ft. Further for me.

My power level varies between 290-310 flat ground with the Roadrunner. I am improving quickly recently and feel that I am very close to hitting that ''next level'' with a bit more form work.

I am considering a 160g SPD to be the disc I got for next. At my power level, will one that light get flippy once my power gets in the 330-350 range?

Generally, no. Although the plastic will make a significant difference as will PLH.

I'd recommend an SPD. That will probably be a bit beefy at your power level but will beat in nicely, and be just fine at 350 power.

Although PLH can be important. I have a flat 161 SPD that's Firebird stable.

So i got my s-line pd this week.. no freak stamp either!! Merry Christmas double stamped X-out S-PD

2012-04-05195454_zpsbb1d2464.jpg

That's most likely from the test/proto run- more beefy feeling in the hand and more overstable than the later and most recent runs of SPD's. Not quite CPD overstable, but close.

Okay, so I don't know if I suddenly got stronger or what, but I'm having hyzerflip issues with my CPD+. How much more HSS are the recent run non + CPD's, were I to track one down?

I'll be using a Totem TB in the meantime, or my megabeef FB if we're talking F5-F6 winds.

Alright I TRIED to not get on the band wagon. But I'm to the point now the PD has made the Bag! The S-PD is an Absolute Straight Bomber and I don't even have to throw the P-PD hard to shape TL lines. That being said the P-PDs are probably going to need to be fresh. Ill be keeping my Proline Leopards in the bag for straight butter 350 to 385 but the Tb's and TL's are gone. The S-Pd is exactly what I read they are, Sneaky Long.. EASY distance! Now to try the C-PDs!!!

How long did it take you guys to beat your S-PD to straight? I'm honestly wondering if I just have a different definition of straight than y'all do.

I view straight as hyzerflipping a river to not shift more than 1' left or right and to fade at most 2' at the end. If you consider the typical teebird line of 325-350 straight with no turn then a pretty hefty fade, then mine are straight too...I'm just not always sure what people mean by straight.

How long did it take you guys to beat your S-PD to straight? I'm honestly wondering if I just have a different definition of straight than y'all do.

I view straight as hyzerflipping a river to not shift more than 1' left or right and to fade at most 2' at the end. If you consider the typical teebird line of 325-350 straight with no turn then a pretty hefty fade, then mine are straight too...I'm just not always sure what people mean by straight.

i've been using my s-pd for a half a year now, and though that may not be very long, it gets almost daily use on a rough course. it's probably a 5 out of 10 now, with the nose really, REALLY bent up. When thrown on a hyzer flip, with no wind, she'll flip to flat for about 90 percent of the flight, and still make a hard dive to the left, traveling about 15 feet laterally.
studying the break in, my SPD seemed to loose a bit of it's low speed fade first, but then began to gradually loose HHS to where it was necessary to hyzer it.
disclaimer: if thrown on a really low line, my SPD will appear to have next to no fade.

S PDs take a bit to beat in and lose all that high and low speed stability.
Ive had 1 for 3 years, 1 for 2.5 years that got pretty heavy use and are now hyzer flip machines, but theyre perfect. In the meantime im beating in a couple more, cycling them in and out.
If you do not have that amount of time, I suggest a gummier P line.

Premium PDs are fairly overstable when new, much like Champ Teebirds can be. Typically it takes me a year or two to break in premium plastic discs to the point where they're significantly different than they were when I bought them. How long it takes you to season one is largely dependent on how much you abuse it. Softer Star plastic breaks in faster, so if you can find one that is more malleable the wing will warp up quicker, while the harder stuff can take a long time to break in.

P-PDs are the way to go if you want low fade or no fade.

upon buying my P line i sanded the flashing smooth, and chucked. within milli seconds i was in love. As everyone said, it glides, powers down really well, feels great in my small hand, and earned that spot in my bag. Ill have to try throwing some anhys with them now.
Just picked up the C 6 days after and again, members were correct. No turn, just consistent slow speed fade. FH great as well.
Time will tell but i could see myself with nothing but PD for max d drives.

I like using fresh s and c lines as spike hyzer, over hand, and forehand discs to beat the fade out of them. A few weeks ago I got a 157 s line that has a super high plh just like my cfrs, I'll be interested to see what it does once it wears in a bit.