• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

How long did it take you guys to beat your S-PD to straight? I'm honestly wondering if I just have a different definition of straight than y'all do.

I view straight as hyzerflipping a river to not shift more than 1' left or right and to fade at most 2' at the end. If you consider the typical teebird line of 325-350 straight with no turn then a pretty hefty fade, then mine are straight too...I'm just not always sure what people mean by straight.

Ive had this yellow 175 Spd for almost a month. I throw it flat and its dead nuts straight other than the last say 15 to 20 feet. I can hyzer flip it but thats not really how I throw that particular disc. The P-pd on the other hand I release on Hyzer it flips turns then fades back etc etc.

After weeks of denying myself, I have decided to pick up some PD's.

Got 2 161g, one S and one P

Are PD's longer than Saints? I know the speed rating is higher, but the glide of a Saint is incredible. I really want something that is longer than the Saint, otherwise it will never be used. Afraid I wasted my money.

Although I guess I do need an non-meathook overstable driver though, so perhaps it will still get use even if I don't get the distance I desire.

Really tired of having to pull out Blizzard/Air discs on long open holes, I don't feel like I am bettering myself as a disc golfer by doing it.

Are PD's longer than Saints? I know the speed rating is higher, but the glide of a Saint is incredible. I really want something that is longer than the Saint, otherwise it will never be used. Afraid I wasted my money.

The P-PD will glide forever.

No money spent on PDs is wasted.

I'm still trying to beat my test s-pd in. It's a little too overstable for me right now.. But my c-pd has been absolutely perfect.

Sooooo there was that thread about a month ago that said the PD is like a longer Buzzz, right? Well, I bought one in the P line because Discmania says it's slightly less stable (I'm thinking a longer Buzzz SS or something). It seems way too overstable to me.

Sooooo there was that thread about a month ago that said the PD is like a longer Buzzz, right? Well, I bought one in the P line because Discmania says it's slightly less stable (I'm thinking a longer Buzzz SS or something). It seems way too overstable to me.

What? Longer Buzzz? What? PD is a driver not a midrange. You either misunderstood, or whoever was saying that didn't know what they were talking about.

Last edited:
mmmmm, gotcha. The PD is dead straight stable at it's proper speed, with a very reliable fade at the last 10-15%ish of it flight. I have to get the PD out to 375-400 to see this flight on my new C-PDs, but I see what they were saying when they said the "Buzzz of drivers". If you don't have a reliable 375 foot drive I would say just go with the Teebird.

I just got a PPD when I ordered my new Volts. But it has me wondering, I have a C-PD with a DD Dyemax on it. It has an innova stamp on it that was wiped before the Dyemax, but it's clearly marked PD on the bottom and can make out 'Power Driver' on the top. Anyone know anything about these innova stamped ones?

I just got a PPD when I ordered my new Volts. But it has me wondering, I have a C-PD with a DD Dyemax on it. It has an innova stamp on it that was wiped before the Dyemax, but it's clearly marked PD on the bottom and can make out 'Power Driver' on the top. Anyone know anything about these innova stamped ones?

it might be an F2. I bought an S PD (test configuration) from the factory store and it had the Freak stamp and an F2 stamp on it.

if it's not that i have no idea

my spd has the merry christmas from the innova factory store on it. as you can see it's been double stamped

2012-04-05195454_zpsbb1d2464.jpg

^ that's a Test Config PD - stupid O/S
They shouldn't even call those PDs at all. I know there are people out there who have read all kind of good stuff about PDs and then get one of those...

Not that they are bad discs, but that configuration would have never made my bag.

Yeah my first PD was a test config. Not at all like people described. Now I have 5 regular PD's and I love them.

So just to make sure when I receive mine, the test configurations have that Vulcan slope on them and the regular ones are a rounded dome?

So just to make sure when I receive mine, the test configurations have that Vulcan slope on them and the regular ones are a rounded dome?

The test config has a nose like a FB, EX, Max, and other overstable discs with big squared off noses and a flat part on the tip of the top of the wing before the shoulder starts sloping upward.

The real PD has a much fatter but pointier wing, and the shoulder is high and rounded with no flat part on the top of the wingtip.

Disc Speed has the best explanation, but you're essentially correct. They have a "vulcan-esque" top to them with a flat slope whereas the anhyzer top is much more curved.

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen these test S-PDs in anything other than yellow? I got one on accident when ordering from DGC and it was yellow, and every other one I've seen was yellow as well.