• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen these test S-PDs in anything other than yellow? I got one on accident when ordering from DGC and it was yellow, and every other one I've seen was yellow as well.

Great...I ordered a yellow SPD from Marshall St. :(

Crossing my fingers

Would the test configs be legal for PDGA play? I'm thinking no, but I'm not sure which disc Innova sent for approval.

If Innova can stamp the name Eagle on two different molds and call them the same thing, why not PDs?

Had to take a look at that one. Would the Eagle-L be under the CE Eagle classification? Only asking because there's a CE Eagle, Firebird, and TeeBird but also a TL and FL but no Eagle-L. Not trying to be a smartass. I honestly don't know.

List

Just picked up an S-PD from the factory store. I'm itching to get out and chuck this thing for the first time but it's cold and raining out.

Just picked up an S-PD from the factory store. I'm itching to get out and chuck this thing for the first time but it's cold and raining out.

Yeah. After the week we've had, the rain picked a terrible time to show up. Hopefully it's not too bad at Boone tomorrow.

Had to take a look at that one. Would the Eagle-L be under the CE Eagle classification? Only asking because there's a CE Eagle, Firebird, and TeeBird but also a TL and FL but no Eagle-L. Not trying to be a smartass. I honestly don't know.

List

Yep...The CE Eagle on there is the Eagle-L. That's why I said in one way or another.

Your point is still strong...It doesn't really matter, if it has "Innova" embossed on the back no one will ever question it's legality. Sad but true.

The fact that Champion Eagles just became ELs for a time without a word from Innova (other than those of us who personally ask Dave D. on PDGA.com) and then went back to EXs, again without a word to retailers makes the Eagle probably the worst case of Innova's purposeful meddling around the rules(assuming Destrulcans were a legitimate error).

Last edited:
You have the Roc also. San Marino, Ontario, Rancho, soon to be released champ production Rancho, +, etc... all different yet all the "same" name.

For that matter, I don't see a single plus mold listed.

I picked up a red Champystar PD today with a larger dome and higher PLH than my normal SPD's. Whats the consensus on these?

Just got two shield stamped S-line and one of the final two CFR C-lines on discgolfvalues ... I think PDs might be starting to push my Eagles out of my bag ...

I picked up a red Champystar PD today with a larger dome and higher PLH than my normal SPD's. Whats the consensus on these?

IMO, those are some of the most perfect PDs. Great grip, great overstablity to start with, and they glide more as they season than other PDs. If I could only use one PD for all my driver needs I would have a bunch of those in stages of wear. I have a couple of those with DGR stamps along with 2 older red champystars (which are less stable to begin with). These aren't in my bag right now, but I'll never sell or trade them and they will probably find a way in sooner or later.

What disc are some of you using between your PD's and mids?

I use two FD Jackals, one S-line 165g that's got some turn in it and then a 175g C-Line that is a more stable compliment to the S-Line.

The Volt...before that I was using a QJLS. The Volt isn't necessarily shorter than a PD, but it flies on powered down lines better. PD is good for powering down on straight then fade shots, but the Volt powers down well on anhyzers/s-turns, which the PD is not good at. The QJLS is a more traditional approach as it's speed/range is right in between most mids and the PD.

I also really like to have long mids in the bag with the PD to help reduce that gap. I carry heavy versions of my mids for shorter shots and wind, and lighter versions so I can push them out to fairway driver range.

When I really got into PDs I had rearrange my bag around it's tweener speed/range. I've been happy with it though as it made my setup feel more modern and it seems I'm often throwing discs that are a little easier to get to the basket than most people I compete against.

I still carry a TeeBird, but it's rarely used. The PD powers down almost to the place where it overlaps with my Wasps. The TeeBird is there only because it's so familiar and handles those distances perfectly. I could absolutely should probably take discspeed's route and go slower though. It's just such a rare occasion that I need to throw the TeeBird.

Thanks for the responses! I currently throw a champ and pro Leo but Im not sold on them completely.
Looking to try something different possibly.

I have yet to throw either the FD or the JLS. Might have to hit the local shop up for some of these.

I use PD - QJLS - MJLS - Roc. I subbed JLSs with FDs for awhile, but went back. Less distance, but more lines and control. FD is a great disc though. Maybe if I took the time to beat one in it could fully take the place of JLSs.