• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Went out to throw. 38 degrees, wintry mix. First time ever throwing in weather like that. Could not throw my PD for jack. Plastic got too rock hard and slippery, hands had next to zero feeling. Had to disc down to fairway drivers with much better results on a smaller rim. Kinda surprised at how the plastic firmed up. Obviously it happens with all plastic, but I can see the value in base plastic other than p-line now for days like today.

Anybody else throw these in the cold? Any tips in general? I'd like to not sacrifice my distance. Love my p PDs and my s line.

Anybody else throw these in the cold? Any tips in general? I'd like to not sacrifice my distance. Love my p PDs and my s line.

Keep your throwing hand warm and dry, first and foremost. You'll struggle with every disc if you don't.

At the beginning of winter, I take extra steps to keep my discs dry. Later in I'm used to it and am not as diligent about it, but I always keep my throwing hand warm and dry.

don't know if this was covered:

Is there a way to distinguish between S-Line runs?
(1st, 2nd, 3rd... how many are there anyway)
We have the patent numbers, the "Super Durable" stamp change, and to my eye the first runs I've seen have had a funnier dome. It also seems like different plastics have been firmer or softer depending. How do these all line up?

sorry guys, but reading 1243 posts is too much for being this late

don't know if this was covered:

Is there a way to distinguish between S-Line runs?
(1st, 2nd, 3rd... how many are there anyway)
We have the patent numbers, the "Super Durable" stamp change, and to my eye the first runs I've seen have had a funnier dome. It also seems like different plastics have been firmer or softer depending. How do these all line up?

sorry guys, but reading 1243 posts is too much for being this late

I would love to know too.

To add to it, how do the "Super Durable" stiff, low dome 150 class S-Lines fly and break in?

Went out to throw. 38 degrees, wintry mix. First time ever throwing in weather like that. Could not throw my PD for jack. Plastic got too rock hard and slippery, hands had next to zero feeling. Had to disc down to fairway drivers with much better results on a smaller rim. Kinda surprised at how the plastic firmed up. Obviously it happens with all plastic, but I can see the value in base plastic other than p-line now for days like today.

Wow yeah havent even thought about having to throw these new brick stiff 3rd run C-pds (in the cold). Meh Ill probably just go to Spds.

If i was to check out C-pd's would these new Stiff champion ones be a good example of the mold? / Are they made in that clear glassy Jolly launcher?

The ones I look for are pearly and stiff. Overstable and $$

I do like the flat pearly c lines. But I've been using and loving the glows. They do have some dome to them, but they have plenty of beef

I've had the same one in the bag all year and hasn't lost any stability

It may have been mentioned before, but have they changed up the P-Line mixture for PD's? I've heard that there are some new runs of P PDs that feel much better than the stiff, slick blends.

Latest posts