• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Do you mean good as in overstable with good glide?

Let us know what you find.

I will. However, i don't expect the discs before two weeks or so. I placed my order on hold to get some resistors as well. My local store is still waiting for some.
Also, I only use s-pd for now, so it might be hard for me to know if the p-pd I get are any different than older batches but I'll try.

I will. However, i don't expect the discs before two weeks or so. I placed my order on hold to get some resistors as well. My local store is still waiting for some.
Also, I only use s-pd for now, so it might be hard for me to know if the p-pd I get are any different than older batches but I'll try.

If it's not stiff, slick, and doesn't chunk when it hits a hard surface, then it's a good blend.

If it's not stiff, slick, and doesn't chunk when it hits a hard surface, then it's a good blend.

there are two major types of older pro; the softer, domier type with more stability, and the firmer flatter type. the firmer ones do take on scuffing easier than others.

edit: i actually prefer the firmer blend because they start straighter, have less LSS, and work into better turnover discs.

Last edited:
there are two major types of older pro; the softer, domier type with more stability, and the firmer flatter type. the firmer ones do take on scuffing easier than others.

edit: i actually prefer this blend because they start straighter, have less LSS, and work into better turnover discs.

About three years ago I had two P PDs that were flat as a board and really soft. They beat in to really understable. I think back to those as the good blend of Pro.

The bad blend I'm referencing was also flat, but it would lose pieces of the rim if it hit a tree too hard.

About three years ago I had two P PDs that were flat as a board and really soft. They beat in to really understable. I think back to those as the good blend of Pro.

The bad blend I'm referencing was also flat, but it would lose pieces of the rim if it hit a tree too hard.

interesting. i've never seen one that was soft and flat. sounds nice :thmbup:

Sort of like how a good Teebird flies like a good Teebird, do these fly like a proper C-pd should ? ive never thrown C-pd's so i dont know which runs fly correctly and which dont, would this be considered a correctly flying run?

How does a proper C-PD fly? A CFR that's very beefy, almost Predator-like? A 3rd run with a moderate dome that's less beefy than most S-Lines are when new? A Glow that's pretty beefy but with a little more glide than the CFRs?

How does a proper C-PD fly? A CFR that's very beefy, almost Predator-like? A 3rd run with a moderate dome that's less beefy than most S-Lines are when new? A Glow that's pretty beefy but with a little more glide than the CFRs?

It seems most molds have atleast 1 run that most people that throw the mold hunt and search for because of flight characteristics, would the jolly launcher c-pd's be an example of a good run? really i dont know how else to word it...

How about this...what do you want from a cpd? There are good things about every run, even the plus-molds.

I personally like the cfrs and the opaque second runs. The second runs fly like my seasoned first run s lines and keep me from losing the first runs.

Last edited:
i've only played 9 courses, but on each of those i simply cannot think of a situation where i think "hmm, i need a fairway driver here" unless it's for a long upshot and i don't want to risk my comets in the wind. i used to use them since a lot of our courses are tightly wooded, but my P-PDs are just as easy to thread and hyzerflip.

where do you reach for a fairway instead of the PD? i really don't and my scores have not suffered for it. the only shot i miss is straight with no fade. i find one of my two P-PD is more understable and powers down well; once i dial it in i'm sure it will fill that role as well in addition to my comets that do it right now.

i've only played 9 courses, but on each of those i simply cannot think of a situation where i think "hmm, i need a fairway driver here" unless it's for a long upshot and i don't want to risk my comets in the wind. i used to use them since a lot of our courses are tightly wooded, but my P-PDs are just as easy to thread and hyzerflip.

where do you reach for a fairway instead of the PD? i really don't and my scores have not suffered for it. the only shot i miss is straight with no fade. i find one of my two P-PD is more understable and powers down well; once i dial it in i'm sure it will fill that role as well in addition to my comets that do it right now.

I reach for an FD when accuracy is more important and I feel more comfortable throwing a slower driver with more power instead of throwing a PD powered down. PDs do power down well, like you said, but there's a lot of wooded courses where I would rather throw an S FD on hyzer to flip it through the woods with no fade.

If your issue is wind with Comets, do you have a stable or overstable mid to compliment them? My opaque gummy C MD2 is just that disc. It's so vital in my bag I actually just started a thread to see if there's a viable replacement for it.

But back to your point, many people don't have anything between PDs and mids...it's a matter of comfort and acquired skill.

I throw PDs and Teebirds in varying states of wear. PDs have the potential to go about 30-40 feet further, have a more dependable fade and are more predictable in the wind. Teebirds are dependable straight a long shots and accuracy when my Rocs just aren't long enough. My Teebirds are probably about 30-40 feet longer than my Rocs. I have some Avery/Brinster/Totem Teebirds that have dependable PD-like fade, but they don't get the distance that my other Teebirds do.

To each his own.

yeah, i kinda figured it would be a distance thing. the comets have just been going so much farther than all my other mids. i'll probably put a rival or something back in my bag for upshots where i don't want to throw a PD but a comet won't make it there due to wind; right now the 165g banshee i've got is pretty sweet for that role as well as utility shots.

as far as a stable/overstable complement to the comet, i've been using the pinnacle ghost, probably will go back to the vector. handles even some nasty wind with hyzer.

i dunno. it's not a crisis, but i figured i'd ask. it's the first time i've ever been without a fairway driver in my bag, but since this is only my first season taking things seriously i wasn't sure if there were certain lines, etc, that i would miss but just not know about until i got to a new course and realized i was screwed.

Haha, yeah. My buddies got me into it last year. Last fall I started going a lot, they all dropped off and I started getting better. Played just about every day this summer and now they don't play at all. So it's usually a solitary excursion. I go with what I know for the time being. Soon I will branch out! I focused a LOT on just learning new discs and technique as well, throwing multiples on holes, and that was much easier to do at local courses. I feel it has paid off, as I am just about done tweaking my bag. :) I feel like I just about have it figured out.

Garlough, oakwood, Lakewood hills, brp, both highland courses, kaposia, Kenwood trails, acorn. Hopefully I can add more soon. :) Bryant lake would be fun.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah. My buddies got me into it last year. Last fall I started going a lot, they all dropped off and I started getting better. Played just about every day this summer and now they don't play at all. So it's usually a solitary excursion. I go with what I know for the time being. Soon I will branch out! I focused a LOT on just learning new discs and technique as well, throwing multiples on holes, and that was much easier to do at local courses. I feel it has paid off, as I am just about done tweaking my bag. :) I feel like I just about have it figured out.

Garlough, oakwood, Lakewood hills, brp, both highland courses, kaposia, Kenwood trails, acorn. Hopefully I can add more soon. :) Bryant lake would be fun.

is garlough cool? thats the only one i havent been too out of those. from the pics it looks like a lot of ace runs?

garlough depends in your skill level but if you are close its a fun course for what it is. Highland Park is prob my favorite down there for small 9er's

Latest posts