• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

garlough depends in your skill level but if you are close its a fun course for what it is. Highland Park is prob my favorite down there for small 9er's

oh i thought he just meant hyland ski course not one called highland park. havent even heard of that one either. looks fun enough but traffic might get distracting. my local course is land of memories in mankato currently. just about any other course with 18 holes is better than that field

is garlough cool? thats the only one i havent been too out of those. from the pics it looks like a lot of ace runs?

Lots of ace runs, yep. It's more of a technical course for me because I throw rhbh and lhfh. There are some turnover shots and putter drives that are fun to practice there! Very much pitch and putt, but still fun in my book if you get creative (I use 4 for roller and turnover practice). If you are ever in the area and have some spare time you can play it in 20-30 minutes or less depending on how fast you go. Nothing spectacular, but I like it. Every hole is deuce-able.

^ What do you mean by understable? My Spd is pretty beat up for my tastes maybe 7+/10 and its a straight flyer. My beat Cpd is about the same (7/10) and has some turn. I also carry a fresh Cpd for more power shots. Otherwise I have other molds that will hold turns. I.E. Leopards or like a Sandwedge.

^ What do you mean by understable? My Spd is pretty beat up for my tastes maybe 7+/10 and its a straight flyer. My beat Cpd is about the same (7/10) and has some turn. I also carry a fresh Cpd for more power shots. Otherwise I have other molds that will hold turns. I.E. Leopards or like a Sandwedge.

Just wondering if anyone has a PD (not P Line) that's beat enough to turn from flat and not fade...more for fun than anything else.

Back to It....

Just for fun - How beat is your most understable S or C PD? And how long did it take to get there?

i have an S Line that's been a workhorse in the bag for two years now and it has beaten in to Valkyrie-like stability. lots of turn, not much fade. still hits a line better than a valk though. :thmbup:

I love my s pd that's super beat flies more like an eagle x vs a teebird now so I can shape shots with the beat one and have a newer s line for straight to fade shots and a max weight freshie for overstable. I tried pds before but having a nice cycle of them has really made me love them I took wraiths and destroyers out of the bag to work with slower stuff and these are really excelling at the distance slot for me.

yeah, they can definitely bomb. i can't wait until my s-line is beat enough to give me some good turn. even at 168, this thing is still a laser with fade out to 360-380 on a flat rip. can't quite hit the distance my p-pd's can with it unless i give it some anny.

until that happens i'll just keep rolling with my two p-lines. :) when my s-line beats in, my more understable p-line will be nice and flippy.

I dont think ive ever seen a "too beat" SPD. P-lines may get too beat eventually,but S-lines just reveal new layers of usefulness. If a SPD truly does ever get too flippy then give it to a friend with a lesser arm and watch him enjoy it.

I dont think ive ever seen a "too beat" SPD. P-lines may get too beat eventually,but S-lines just reveal new layers of usefulness. If a SPD truly does ever get too flippy then give it to a friend with a lesser arm and watch him enjoy it.

... Even a P-line shouldn't get "too beat"... They simply beat into roller perfection. My main 168 S-line PD has been in the bag probably a year and seen a lot of use and it still has some hss and lss and holds up decently in moderate winds.

The one in my bag is a few months shy of being 4 yrs old,its never left the bag and still has some lss.

Better be extra careful with that! I lost my perfectly straight and controllable ~3yr SPD in the most unfair roll ever. I know I should not have thrown it on a hole that has a small river running off to the side, but the shot was never even in that direction. Until it hit a tree next to the basket and proceeded to roll some 30 meters into the river. I might have even had time to stop it if I had begun to run as fast as I can the second I saw it start rolling. Alas, I was frozen in place and could only see my best disc leave me. Almost ruined the whole 3 day buddy tourney that was just starting with that first course.

Took a little moment, then decided it was plastic after all. Birdied the long difficult hole two holes after that.

172G DAYGLOW RED JH S-PD NEVER FORGET

Finally got some PDs!

A 167 orange C-PD and a red S-PD. Only got a few field throws in so far and am waiting for nicer weather. I need to test them out and really see how they fly and compare to each other.

I'm auditioning a lot of discs for my overstable wind-fighting fairway/distance driver. Right now I've got C-PD, S-SP, opto Saint Pro, champ Starfire, and a star FL. After two throws each they seem somewhat similar so I need to get more time in with all of them.

Better be extra careful with that! I lost my perfectly straight and controllable ~3yr SPD in the most unfair roll ever. I know I should not have thrown it on a hole that has a small river running off to the side, but the shot was never even in that direction. Until it hit a tree next to the basket and proceeded to roll some 30 meters into the river. I might have even had time to stop it if I had begun to run as fast as I can the second I saw it start rolling. Alas, I was frozen in place and could only see my best disc leave me. Almost ruined the whole 3 day buddy tourney that was just starting with that first course.

Took a little moment, then decided it was plastic after all. Birdied the long difficult hole two holes after that.

172G DAYGLOW RED JH S-PD NEVER FORGET

my god i know the feeling all too well. i had a sidewinder that i got with my first every funny money and beat that sucker into perfection. i knew that disc better than my all my others combined. whether i threw it at high or low speeds i knew what it was going to do. i lost it after i tried a blind dogleg hyzer in heavy woods. got lost or stuck up in the thick trees. looked for like half an hour. then even came back the next day to look more. of course it had my OLD phone number on it. rip light maroon 168g champ sw.

anyways back to the pd talk. i am currently beating in a p pd and keeping a s pd sort of fresh to start the stages of wear cycling. i drilled my s on a tree and it still has a slight bent rim from it. but the p pd i am able to throw such lasers with with decent fade at the end. also i love my saints and thought that the pro saint would take the place of my pd's since i havent been throwin pd's all that long but i have to say i get much more distance out of my pds and they hold up in the wind pretty good. so to my surprise the pd's are staying in the bag!!

Does anyone know when the plus mold runs stopped? I emailed Justin at Community Discs to see what c-lines he has and he just told me his are all from Jan-March.

There was only one run, and it was easily from over a year ago, maybe closer to 2. The problem is though that they've sat around in inventory so there's no way to distinguish unless you're buying from somebody who knows the difference.