• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Premium or Baseline Plastic Driving Putters?

Driving putter plastic preference?

• Total voters
Mix.

I use all Wizards for driving putters. I cycle Softs and keep a fairly fresh Evo in my bag for wind/more OS shots. Soft Wizards are wonderful driving putters to cycle. Especially when you use them as a putting putter for a season before driving with it.

Base wizards with a champ rhyno in the mix. It's nice to keep the overstables that way, and have nice cycle going too.
Yeah, I like a premium plastic for "power" rips thanks to stability retention and a base plastic for touch thanks to extra glide and low speed straightness. Right now I'm using Breaker and Polecat and it's working well.

If I threw something like Wizards I'd probably just cycle firm but grippy Softs, didn't like the Wiz in Evo.

i voted mix, which is deceptive, because i drive with a soft focus, which is between base and premium.

Since my Homecourse is pretty wooded i go with premium only.
I used to throw baseline putter as well putter to many tree hits made me go with premium.

You're missing out by not using base line putters and letting them get trashed over a couple years of tree hits. There are shots you can't really pull off without a really beat to hell base plastic disc.

I have a zero hard pure that I like.
But I seem to have a hard time switching between it and my opto pure and/or my Envy.
It creates release issues for a throw or two.
So i just took the zero hard out for now, at least through the summer.

I also throw a mix of baseline and premium plastic putters for drives. I cycle soft wizards for my straight to understable shots and have an Evo for hyzer shots and fighting the wind. It's the best of both worlds, the glide and line shaping with the baseline and the longevity and consistency of premium plastic.

I carry 5 baseline putters (2 for putting 3 for drives/approach) and one Evo Wizard for headwinds and assured hyzers, mild flexes, short flicks, etc.

I like premium driving plastic (ESP Zone, Opto Pure, 400 MA4) and baseline putting and upshot plastic (Zero Hard Pures in Summer, Zero Medium in the Winter). I want to really get to know my driving putters and have them hold their spots in the bag for quite awhile, so premium plastic rules the day. I used to cycle KC Aviars (and Rocs) but hated when that perfectly stable disc took a bad tree hit and got squirrely. My Opto Pure is over a year old but still in that sweet spot of stability.

If I drive I almost always use a durable premium like Champ or 400 series, No exception with putters. I use a Champ Rhyno off the tee for short staring or left holes. Will occasionally use a Proline U2 when I need it to go right. Lightnings base plastic is terrible but the Proline is decently durable. Not sure Id count it with the really premiums though it's more of a middle of the rd.

I only carry wizards. I have 4 or 5 driving putters in my bag 1 is evo which is their premium plastic and 2 are glow and i usually have 1 or 2 ss. I would rather only throw baseline but the evo plastic starts out more OS and keeps that OS for longer.

The poll results surprised me. I thought most people carried either all premium or all baseline plastic driving putters. I never would have never guessed a majority carry a mix of both.

Been a baseline fan with my wizards but the new batch of champion like evo has me intrigued. I threw a max weight evo today for a lot of straight to hyzer shots and the lack of glide and good skip was interesting. I'm pretty excited to have a wiz that can bridge the driving gap to my suspect. I have a nice
Low shouldered evo magic I'm going to test out too.

Premium. I don't find myself ever needing a turnover putter drive, I can throw them anny or flick them if I need a right turning shot. I'd rather my driving putters hold their stability for years than months. I don't like having my driving putter lose all of its HSS because I threw it into a tree one time.