• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

I'm currently watching the livestream on a laptop via dgpt.com, and the commercials are all at least double volume compared to the livestream.

Why characterize it as desperation? If what JonnyV says is true, maximizing monetization seems to be the motivation, not desperation.

If this new model projects to be more profitable than staying with youtube, then perhaps they see it as worth whatever short term losses they suffer during the transition?

I appreciate you being even-keeled with your responses to all of this, but I can characterize this however I want, as these are opinion boards.

The entire media fiasco I would characterize as desperate moves to grab at the money sponsors were paying the various crews.

You may see it as forward-thinking and shrewd, but I see it as a cash grab. He could have taken baby steps and presented media packages to title sponsors above the tournament money while keeping existing teams in place etc etc but he had to jump in with obviously little knowledge of what he was doing.

What I see here with the cutting of youtube is an eye on future paywall to view this garbage product he keeps cobbling together, assuming views stay consistent and ads generate revenue.

I don't have my pitchfork out, I'm not constantly posting foaming commentary on what even charitably can be called a **** show, I'm just reading, watching and observing.

Maybe his ideas will take root a few years down the road, but for now it definitely seems a case of biting off more than he can chew.

You can turn off the email notifications

sorry had to Wade through 15 emails to find this one!

Volume has been normal for everything watching on the Roku. To be honest, that maybe a volume moderation setting on my TV, though.

Watching on an iPhone with headphones and the commercials are fine for me

I give that windows 10 thing a try, gotta be part time hacker to make this work..

I cant get the stream to work on chrome, I have the stream up on my hone and it works fine but on my pc I just get a blank screen. Weird.

catch cam behind trees, can't see **** again...

long delay on the hard finishing hole 18, thankfully less rain at the moment
thanks for trying

Last edited:
Sigh. I like Nate and Val, but like Jerm had to, and did, they need to figure out less is more. The breaks are a pain. I'd rather hear chat, or even watch the players moving into position than see the same hash out everytime. The camerapersons really are atrocious. How can you not understand that player with the disc needs to be in frame? And if camera persons can follow golf balls...

Too many wows. Yes, it's impressive, but a wow or two per hole makes the term ineffectual. Don't link up non related events. A tester putt on a hole has little relationship to how the player played the round. If you want to discuss tester putts, okay. Incredible numbers. Yep, but after ten references, I don't need to reminded. Slow down. Public speaking is measured, thoughtful.

Yes, there are times just to watch.

Last edited:
Oh yes, today I learned, courses are no joke, players are no joke, and holes are no joke. I'm betting putting and throwing is no joke either.

If you try and minimize what you're saying, you don't repeat phrases that bring no value.

The insight that Nate and Val bring is really good. Play in the rain, thumb grip, etc. They need to recognize that their experience is what matters, not filling up every moment.