• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

And it's back. Seems like we missed about three holes. I demand my money back. :rolleyes:

Biggest problem is that my 2 size options are tiny window or fullscreen. Other than that, it's been pretty OK on Chrome/Win10. That said, I've only been watching intermittently.

So today I learned Roku still exists, WHO KNEW?

Also learned my state of the art tv doesnt have a roku player but i do have a Roku channel, Who knew?

When is the DGPT social media switching from Facebook to Myspace?

I really missed not being able to live chat on youtube - it's just not the same here on the forum

I'm also here to complain that after a few great years of watching (Steve wants us to "Watch") on my Non-Roku smart TV I'm back to sitting at the computer.

Which sucks a lot going back. No, the browser on the TV won't give me the video thing on DGPT.tv

I'm sure there's a long term "vision" getting a roku channel?

Does old man Dodge think YouTube is not big time enough, like it's a toy and not a real-deal grown up media outlet?

Kinda like how Salient went Chapter 11 just to get us on ESPN (3) one time? Worth it?

Had to go to bed when the stream broke last night and now when i woke up the last holes is on Youtube. . WOW, did not see that coming.

When JVD broke the news on the DGPT.tv he did not look that happy, so i really wonder what happened behind the scen last night to get the stream to Youtube

Had to go to bed when the stream broke last night and now when i woke up the last holes is on Youtube. . WOW, did not see that coming.

When JVD broke the news on the DGPT.tv he did not look that happy, so i really wonder what happened behind the scen last night to get the stream to Youtube

Probably realized that Youtube is the best place to view something even if you need like a million hours of views now to be able to make money on the content provided the individual video you make does not have some copyright laws in question otherwise that individual video does not make you money.

Dammit, I went out and bought a roku last night just so I could stream it to my TV, and now its on youtube. Kidding but not kidding. I did buy a roku but thats cuz my old apple tv sucked and I finally broke down and got a roku. I have the disc golf network on there and got to catch the back nine of the men yesterday. When I had video it wasnt bad at all, but I think there was more time spent in a loading screen then actually watching golf. Hopefully things get better.

Dammit, I went out and bought a roku last night just so I could stream it to my TV, and now its on youtube. Kidding but not kidding. I did buy a roku but thats cuz my old apple tv sucked and I finally broke down and got a roku.

The great thing is that it's worth the money regardless of where you watch disc golf :D

Never seen that giant tv scorecard thing on hole 1 before. Thats pretty neat.

I'm sure there's a long term "vision" getting a roku channel?

Does old man Dodge think YouTube is not big time enough, like it's a toy and not a real-deal grown up media outlet?

From Johnny V on Reddit:

"YouTube runs their own ads and you get a small portion. This new method allows the DGPT to have a bigger cut of the ads, and we can bid out ads on the show. All of us love the ease of the YT interface, it just isn't financially everything that it can be.
If this works out, GREAT... if not, YouTube will always be there."

Dodge is desperately trying to monetize the DGPT, I assume to keep it afloat and not line his own pockets, because as we all know, There's No Money In Disc Golf.

Reddit link for more answers from Johnny V:
https://reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/bc85ox/the_2019_play_it_again_sports_jonesboro_open/