• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

Yeah, as I kept watching, it became clear that the guy was a spectator who like to carry a heavy bag of discs around. Though, I also thought spectators were not supposed to be allow to hang out with the player group.

Pretty sure that's up to the event. How stringent they are in separating the players from the gallery depends on their prerogatives. When there's 10 people following the card, it's a little less important to make a distinction and keep them separate, compared to a couple hundred lining the fairway.

I also got the impression that the times where the players were interacting with the crowd and petting the dog were when there were back-ups, and the players were giving the teeing group space by staying back with the spectators.

I watched a little this morning. Used the ruku app. Every couple of minutes the picture would get blurry. I would just refresh it and it would come in clear. Not sure if its my end. Anyone else experience anything similar?

Right in line with Dodge's plan....

No doubt Steve Dodge has made questionable decisions, over promised...under delivered, etc.

That said, vilifying Steve for trying to make the DGPT a viable business isn't fair. You're going beyond his actions and assigning intent. You did the same stuff with Jussi and the DGWT. You cast people. They're good guys. He's a bad guy. Give it a rest. Everyone (aside from the other conspiracy theorists) is sick of the broken record that is your rhetoric.

Pretty sure that's up to the event. How stringent they are in separating the players from the gallery depends on their prerogatives. When there's 10 people following the card, it's a little less important to make a distinction and keep them separate, compared to a couple hundred lining the fairway.

I also got the impression that the times where the players were interacting with the crowd and petting the dog were when there were back-ups, and the players were giving the teeing group space by staying back with the spectators.

Yeah, I agree. There did not seem to be any real designated spectator areas. I saw no harm, just a curiosity.

So is the coverage actually working for anyone else? Because....nada for me right now.

scratch that.
Looks like 4:30 now.

Last edited:
Well, if Steve isn't really an evil villain trying to destroy disc golf then I guess trading my Steve Dodge, Lord of Destruction trading card for the JohnE, Dwarven Warrior with Turbo Ring, was a good deal after all?

Yeah, I'm starting to regret that trade :(

JohnE McCray with a dnf and according to Udisc, some pretty bad holes. Anyone have any insight, injury or just bad play?

JohnE McCray with a dnf and according to Udisc, some pretty bad holes. Anyone have any insight, injury or just bad play?

He said he was dealing with a gout flareup in the last round at Tallahassee last weekend. Could be lingering.

Waiting for the MPO coverage to start, I took the time to explore the Disc Golf Network channel on Roku and not only is the livestream there (in standby mode), but also all the post-produced stuff from earlier in the year (Memorial and Waco) as well as a bunch of the content from the old MSDGC and Vibram Open DVDs (and it looks like some of it may still be uploading/rendering). Kinda neat way to fill some time, especially when I see myself pop up. Totally forgot I made a couple appearances in the 2004 DVD. If Steve's going to flesh out this app (and/or the website) with all the content he possesses (these DVDs, past years of DGPT), that is a worthwhile venture.

Well, if Steve isn't really an evil villain trying to destroy disc golf then I guess trading my Steve Dodge, Lord of Destruction trading card for the JohnE, Dwarven Warrior with Turbo Ring, was a good deal after all?

Yeah, I'm starting to regret that trade :(

Then again...

Another thing I can rip Dodge for... One of my speakers just blew out because they have the volume default set for max and i just happened to turn it on during the already loud commercials...smfh

Last edited:
Two holes and I've only seen one commercial... augh! Steve I need you break even these next two tournaments. Take the Jomez people's cookie, but not my DGPT cookie!

Then again...

OMG, I dropped my turbo ring into a molten vat of lava... um, I mean I've misplaced my turbo ring... ejv, listen, I know how much you liked your Dwarven Warrior, and who wants a not so evil Lord of Destruction anyway?

Quick update from my side:

Firetv firefox browser is working with the dgpt streaming website without issue.

Xbox1 edge browser is working with the dgpt streaming website without issue. Fullscreen isnt quite fullscreen, theres a black box around the picture, but that's the only thing I'm seeing that is odd.

Both of these things don't mean I'd rather not be using Youtube or twitch though.