• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

Why do they keep cuting to the non existing commercials? . . .and in the middle of shots

I'm seeing the commercials on xbox1 edge browser.

I didn't see any this morning using chrome on my phone.

Seems......random?

Why do they keep cuting to the non existing commercials? . . .and in the middle of shots

I don't think they're non-existent. I think something's wrong with the ad server that is outside of DGPT/Smashboxx's control, and they're only appearing part of the time...or only on certain platforms.

I don't think they're non-existent. I think something's wrong with the ad server that is outside of DGPT/Smashboxx's control, and they're only appearing part of the time...or only on certain platforms.

interesting, on my computer and iPad i have only seen the "putt out" ones. . .and a few seconds of the keen and "PDGT bag" one

But now i dont see anything at all

interesting, on my computer and iPad i have only seen the "putt out" ones. . .and a few seconds of the keen and "PDGT bag" one

But now i dont see anything at all

Same with ROKU on my smart TV. Trying to reattach/restart. Just got it back.

And it's gone again.

bummer...getting errors now.... annnnnd it's back now. and now it's buffering.....
what a rollercoaster of a watch. at least i can keep track of scores on UDisc. SMH

Another restart (e.g. back to options -> select channel -> etc). Got a couple of seconds, then a black screen with "Loading" and a progress bar that never begins to fill.

I think I feel even sorrier for JVD now. Dealing with all this must be driving him nutz…

...I guess he might enjoy the challenge.

Clearly something crashed. Not like it hasn't happened before. Shoestring budgets don't allow for a lot of redundancies to protect against this sort of thing. Hope they get it back up before the end of the round.

No longer working on any platform on my end, likely crashed the server on the backend. JVD said on reddit that godaddy didnt account for their projected traffic this morning.

Right now its: refresh, hit play, 15 seconds of a commercial, freezes, rinse and repeat...

Also, here is the thing about jumping platforms to live stream, with regard to ad revenue:

If you don't have a working product to give people, then you're not going to sell ads at all. People won't watch or can't even if they wanted to, and no ads will play for them.

At least present a good product from the get go so you can sell adspace. Otherwise what are we really trying to do here?

Staying on YouTube would've protected against this sort of thing.

No it wouldn't.

Do we not remember what happened day 1 at Memorial? Youtube crashed.

Plus, this sort of thing happened on occasion in past years as well...while on Youtube.

Technology is a bitch. **** happens that can't be predicted or fixed simply, even for the most experienced and prepared crews.