• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

From Johnny V on Reddit:

"YouTube runs their own ads and you get a small portion. This new method allows the DGPT to have a bigger cut of the ads, and we can bid out ads on the show. All of us love the ease of the YT interface, it just isn't financially everything that it can be.
If this works out, GREAT... if not, YouTube will always be there."

Dodge is desperately trying to monetize the DGPT, I assume to keep it afloat and not line his own pockets, because as we all know, There's No Money In Disc Golf.

Reddit link for more answers from Johnny V:
https://reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/bc85ox/the_2019_play_it_again_sports_jonesboro_open/

Id question how they think they are going to get ad money from less people watching? The process now of watching live disc golf discourages people from tuning in. Switching back to youtube at least gets eyeballs on the stream.

and for most of us the ads did not work anyway. . .do they get paid for ads no one can see?

I remember in one of the interviews Dodge was saying he was giving away free ads and they only had to pay if they were worthwhile to the advertiser. Dude can see into the future.

From Johnny V on Reddit:

"YouTube runs their own ads and you get a small portion. This new method allows the DGPT to have a bigger cut of the ads, and we can bid out ads on the show. All of us love the ease of the YT interface, it just isn't financially everything that it can be.
If this works out, GREAT... if not, YouTube will always be there."

Dodge is desperately trying to monetize the DGPT, I assume to keep it afloat and not line his own pockets, because as we all know, There's No Money In Disc Golf.

Reddit link for more answers from Johnny V:
https://reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/bc85ox/the_2019_play_it_again_sports_jonesboro_open/

Why characterize it as desperation? If what JonnyV says is true, maximizing monetization seems to be the motivation, not desperation.

If this new model projects to be more profitable than staying with youtube, then perhaps they see it as worth whatever short term losses they suffer during the transition?

and they did it again. . but Paige makes all the putts in the mini window and misses everything else

I really miss YouTube live chat. Is there a good place we can use to have a live chat - the forum just isn't instant enough, and all the email notifications......

I'm watching live full screen via firestick on dgpt.tv on my television looks good so far but a bit choppy.

Is everyone else getting double volume on commercials? Today I'm chromecasting the DGPT.tv tab to the TV and the commercials are gonna blow a TV speaker

I really miss YouTube live chat. Is there a good place we can use to have a live chat - the forum just isn't instant enough, and all the email notifications......

You can turn off the email notifications

Is everyone else getting double volume on commercials? Today I'm chromecasting the DGPT.tv tab to the TV and the commercials are gonna blow a TV speaker

Volume has been normal for everything watching on the Roku. To be honest, that maybe a volume moderation setting on my TV, though.

Watching on an iPhone with headphones and the commercials are fine for me

Volume has been normal for everything watching on the Roku. To be honest, that maybe a volume moderation setting on my TV, though.

Same here, volume is consistent on my Roku TV, the commercials are the same volume as the live broadcast (when the very limited commercials run). No special tv settings.

The feed has been going in and out though, and several times when it has come back it's been very blurry. Sometimes it fixes itself and sometimes I have to back out and go back in.

I'm about ready to give up on the whole thing.