• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

Choppy usually comes from the cell signal. Wouldn't matter what bitrate or resolution we had sadly.

Newer equipment might help. But that is some serious cash right now.

FWIW I would MUCH rather have a lower resolution if it means no choppy video.

Choppy usually comes from the cell signal. Wouldn't matter what bitrate or resolution we had sadly.

Newer equipment might help. But that is some serious cash right now.

Part of the cell signal issue seems to be all those spectators with cellphones in the area. We'd love to have more spectators, but they rob the videographers of cell signal...

Sorry that you think this way but its not true. Robert got much better about this as the weekend went on but the early streams seemed trilogy heavy.

Telling others that their opinion is wrong, just because it is in opposition of yours, while collecting a reward, is the definition of a shill.

I don't think any of the "bashers" intended the criticism as trilogy derogatory. I am not really sure there is such a thing. I mean, there are players that hate trilogy? Why? Made overseas? Buy 'Merican?

I think Robert did a nice job.....but, I rarely listen to the babble of sport commentators of any kind. Hit mute and put on some tunes.

It is neither true nor untrue. It is my opinion, as yours is your opinion. And it is not just one man's. As I asserted in my post, JonnyV was of a similar opinion. As are several others in this thread. This is a forum for opinions, after all. I never said anyone's was wrong, nor would I; just that mine disagreed. I did state my opinion that some were simply bashing.

Thanks for putting this early in your post, saved me time reading the rest of it.

You're very welcome!

Why does "bias" have to be such an ugly word these days? Every single one of us is biased, unless you're of the opinion that you see objective truth, but as an admitted post-modernist I believe everybody's opinion is subjective and based on their own experiences...aka "biased".

I think a better question than "is Robert biased" (and I've had my fair share of the same accusations) is, why do we expect absolute impartiality in places where it doesn't make much of a difference? It has no effect on the players shots, it's just marketing. You have a mute button if you don't want to be advertised to, and you have a wallet if you want to change the status quo.

If the dude is on there antagonizing other players like, "oh I'll bet she wishes she had a Warden right now instead of a Challenger" when a Discraft player is on the tee or something of that nature then sure, off with his head...but he literally just said the names of discs he knew. I'm more baffled by people's incredulity that he knows more about the discs made by his employer (and disc sponsor) than he does of DD's competitors. It seems like a pretty obvious set of dots to connect.

Am I white knighting a bit? Sure. I've been irked in the past by comments like that about how I'm biased against brands other than Innova/Discmania. I think it's pretty ridiculous to assume ill intent because you show love to people that help you pay your bills or give you spotlight to represent. Believe it or not, we media folks are not tribal like the facebook fan clubs. We just want the opportunity to tell stories.

JMHO.

Last edited:
It is neither true nor untrue. It is my opinion, as yours is your opinion. And it is not just one man's. As I asserted in my post, JonnyV was of a similar opinion. As are several others in this thread. This is a forum for opinions, after all. I never said anyone's was wrong, nor would I; just that mine disagreed. I did state my opinion that some were simply bashing.

You're very welcome!

And I was just saying that your opinion that I was trilogy bashing is not true. You can still have that opinion but the heck if I wont stand up for myself when someone calls me out, opinion or not.

Nobody's advocating for 480, but it's better than a broken stream.

I mean, I'd rather have an arm lopped off than my head, but I'd rather not have to choose at all.

when did you have a broken stream during the GBO?

Back to disc golf....what's the coverage for San Fran? Is it gonna be another debacle like Jonesboro?

Warning, Jamie has no chill in this post.

Back to disc golf....what's the coverage for San Fran? Is it gonna be another debacle like Jonesboro?

I don't know what "San Fran" is :rolleyes:, but in San Francisco for the SFO there will be Par Save Productions and CCDG on edited, DGPT has the livestream.

of course it is, have you seen the lead sponsor ;)

How exactly does that make it a debacle? Or are you just playing on dumb stereotypes?:wall:

Warning, Jamie has no chill in this post.

I don't know what "San Fran" is :rolleyes:, but in San Francisco for the SFO there will be Par Save Productions and CCDG on edited, DGPT has the livestream.

DGPT San Francisco Open:rolleyes:. Coverage of the last DGPT in Jonesboro was a debacle compared to others (to me) as Jomez has spoiled me with great edited next day coverage. I look forward to the improved coverage.

How exactly does that make it a debacle? Or are you just playing on dumb stereotypes?:wall:

perhaps chevis can elaborate:popcorn:

Latest posts