• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Stego: 3, 0, +1, 4

I don't see a use carrying it, but it is really entertaining to get my friends to throw it

I use it to get out of trouble, maybe more than I should. Being a LHBH only thrower puts me at a disadvantage more than I care to admit.

I carry two, a regular Fossil one for Stego things, and an armor for completly unreasonable situations. Howling winds, stupid doglegs and shots with OB long.

I have one but my Justice can do more. This is a nice dump out of trouble disc for me......wont replace my Justice.

Sure, a Justice is more versatile, but it can't do the one thing a Stego does as well as a Stego. That choice makes sense if you're trying to minimize your bag. If not, it's almost impossible to mess up the kind of shot the Stego is for because the thing is so stupid OS. I'm totally enamored with it right now. Definitely in the honeymoon phase of having discovered how awesome the Stego is.

Some of my friends like to tease me about the stego. They like to say that it's best for crazy stupid shots & if you like to throw something that doesn't want to fly.

Some of my friends like to tease me about the stego. They like to say that it's best for crazy stupid shots & if you like to throw something that doesn't want to fly.

Lol
Let them make fun. No one has a disc that you can throw at 100% and get a 100 ft. Shot in any wind.

The Stego is also a stupid good short range roller due to the blunt nose. I love it for those get of jail shots.

Me and my friends all decided to play a 1 disc round with Stegos. Was a freaking blast! Horrible scores, but who cares. Stego is a really stupid fun disc to throw!

Me and my friends all decided to play a 1 disc round with Stegos. Was a freaking blast! Horrible scores, but who cares. Stego is a really stupid fun disc to throw!

That sounds fun/horrible depending on the course.

The Stego is definitely a great get out of trouble disc. It saved me a few strokes against Jcassidy during league this week.

Lol
Let them make fun. No one has a disc that you can throw at 100% and get a 100 ft. Shot in any wind.

The Stego is also a stupid good short range roller due to the blunt nose. I love it for those get of jail shots.

I have an early release it the RFF'ish plastic that's all beat up and the flight plate looks a bit like a golf ball. With that disc I can put maximum effort anhyzer on it and get the most ridiculous 250-300 foot flex shot ever seen! Cracks me up. Every. Single. Time.

I was hoping to have a laugh but this disc isnt anything new or special. I kind of regret buying it.

Does anybody bag this alongside a zone? Any slight overlap, or is it just a Max/Slab version of a putter basically?

I use it alongside an ESP Zone. The Zone is great, but it is not a Stego. Throwing the Stego hardly even feels like throwing a disc. It's a different animal entirely. The Stego gets over and down quicker than a Zone ever would. I do use the Stego for some shots I used to use the Zone for, but the Stego takes a little different line. There is some overlap, but over the past couple weeks with the Stego in the bag I've found good uses for both discs.