• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Stego: 3, 0, +1, 4

It really isn't useless though. When you absolutely, positively NEED that disc to dump hard or not go too far it's my jam. It's like an R-Pro Pig on steroids and a hit of pure cocaine. It's gotten me around some serious corners into wind and saved me from tight spots quite a few times when I don't think anything else would have held that line

Hard to believe Drew doesn't like the most the anti-Drew disc in existence

That was hilarious......the dude crushed every other putter 450' plus and couldn't even hit 300' with the stego. That thing was looking for dirt the instant it left Drew's hand. And we all know he throws pretty far....

This should really deter me from wanting one, knowing it'll be absolutely useless to me. Which.... really makes me want to order one!!

Drew may just be so much better than me that it doesn't matter to him, but I need the lines they produce often. I used it to grab three birds in my last round.

I don't just have one... I have 4.

Can someone give me a brief rundown on the different plastic blends? I know nothing about them at all.

Sure;

Armor; Slick champy but not clear plastic the most OS version and it won't beat in hardly.

Fossil; stiff and gritty, somewhat prone to scuffing and you can actually beat it up just a bit.

Tar Pit; more flexy and beats in slowly, most mellow initially. Chip most easily.

There is any other one but I can't remember what it's called.

Sure;

Armor; Slick champy but not clear plastic the most OS version and it won't beat in hardly.

Fossil; stiff and gritty, somewhat prone to scuffing and you can actually beat it up just a bit.

Tar Pit; more flexy and beats in slowly, most mellow initially. Chip most easily.

There is any other one but I can't remember what it's called.

Exactly the info I was searching for and too lazy to go find! Thank you Mr.Moose!

Drew may just be so much better than me that it doesn't matter to him, but I need the lines they produce often. I used it to grab three birds in my last round.

I don't just have one... I have 4.

I have no horse in this race but I respect your opinion on here...could you not have grabbed any of those three birds with a single disc on the market? Sounds like a powered down Drone/Viper/Firebird/Max/Xcal/NukeOS/anything fast(er) and overstable shot to me. Or Zone family even?

Not criticizing at all, genuinely curious.

I have no horse in this race but I respect your opinion on here...could you not have grabbed any of those three birds with a single disc on the market? Sounds like a powered down Drone/Viper/Firebird/Max/Xcal/NukeOS/anything fast(er) and overstable shot to me. Or Zone family even?

Not criticizing at all, genuinely curious.

Like any shot I could execute it with multiple discs. Understable putter on a turnover would work for two and a justice/drone or similar would work for the other. One it works best since the disc has to either be thrown very straight or with a super late fade so I like to do the Stego there.

Second goes dramatically down then up hill and then has a big drop off behind with OB left and long so a FH there that sticks super Steady is best.

The other one just needs a FH with dramatic fade or a turnover that doesn't come back. I've done a turnover with a Swan some and it works well.

I am just not as confident with touch shots and having a super predictable disc takes the stress away.

Stegos are ridiculous. You need to actually throw one to understand. That being said I have nowhere near enough power to throw one of these on a regular basis. Makes a Zone look like a Wolf lol.

Looked like that STEGO went nowhere for Drew but he still threw it over 280ft . .As a noodle arm that throws 350ft max thats kind of sad. . .+500ft with the Luna?!?

Kastaplast had a "longest BERG" comp in April 2019
"What happened back in april? During Kastaplast Special Doubles in Örebro a distance competition were held. Simple rules: You get three chances, K1, K2 and K3 plastics - and you throw BERG!! In distance!! This year we saw the first throw over 100 meters, 112 meters / 367.5 feet!!!"

I think DREW beat that. . .

I throw 330-350' max flat ground sea level

I can't throw a Stego more than about 150' (in the air), and that's on a ridiculous flex line

I bag one hoping I never have to use it, but I would never play a competitive round without one. There's just too many escape shots where it's the best disc for. Plus, it's amazing on little 100' forehand get-out-of-jail rollers! ! Practice that shot for an hour to dial in the distance and amaze your friends one day on the course.

Stegos are so valuable for forehand rollers that go right. I try not to throw it ever, because after using it a lot for a handful or rounds one weekend, it seriously messed up my ability to throw a zone effectively.

It seemed like Drew wanted to hate on the Stego, but it would have been more interesting if he would have actually given it a chance(and thrown it more that once.) I would like to see what it would do if he threw it on a steep anhyzer, or a thrown a grenade.

Honestly the whole video is a little flawed. He needed to throw every disc a few times. He admitted that some of the throws were bad, you can't blame the disc for a bad throw.

I haven't thrown a Stego yet, but it is on the list of discs I want to try.

Our Plastic Blends

Amber: Amber plastic has the same exact properties and benefits of our Armor plastic. Only difference being that it is a translucent plastic rather than Armors solid color.

Armor: Armor is our most durable premium plastic, it provides players with a disc that will retain it's off the shelf stability for a long time. Armor plastic tends to increase the overall stability of a mold. Our blend is similar to other companies' premium offerings and it tends to dome up more than our other flavors.

Chalk RFF: The best feeling "soft" plastic on the market. Chalk RFF, or "really freakin' flexible" as Gateway has dubbed, is the perfect flexibility if you like softer feeling putters. We took the classic gummy blends of Gateway and supercharged it with a heavy dose of chalk. It's grip you can see! Our discs fly amazingly well in Chalk RFF and while flexible, their stability is on par with the stiffer plastic offerings.

Eraser: Eraser plastic is very similar to our Fossil Flex blend in terms of flexibility. But where Eraser plastic differs is that it has a gummy/grippy feel to it rather than the gritty chalky feel of our Fossil blend.

Fossil: Our signature plastic blend. Fossil was developed to mimic the vaunted plastic of disc golf yesteryear. It is firm, tight & always molds up flat. You will find that Fossil wears slowly and evenly, giving you the ability to "season" your discs into a sweet spot. Fossil plastic has received rave reviews online and is by far our most popular blend.

Fossil Flex: Features the same gritty plastic feel as our Fossil blend with a bit more rubbery hand feel in a more flexible package. They are comparable to a Gateway SS.

Fossil Fuel: This plastic is very similar to its predecessor Fossil plastic. Fossil Fuel provides a slightly more flexible hand feel, increased grip off the shelf and a splash of color vs. standard Fossil. If Fossil is just a little too firm for your style, give Fossil Fuel a try!

Fossil Super Flex: Fossil Super Flex (FSF) is some of the most flexible plastic we have ever made. We took our flagship chalk plastic and mixed it with Gateway's 4S plastic to give it a chalky yet gummy blend that will feel great in your hand and stick to the chains or ground.

Tar Pit: Our sticky putting blend! Tar Pit provides players with a great combination of grippy texture and retained rigidity. While Tar Pit isn't an overly soft blend, it hits and sticks with the best of them. Tar Pit while grab a link and never let go!

I throw 330-350' max flat ground sea level

I can't throw a Stego more than about 150' (in the air), and that's on a ridiculous flex line

I bag one hoping I never have to use it, but I would never play a competitive round without one. There's just too many escape shots where it's the best disc for. Plus, it's amazing on little 100' forehand get-out-of-jail rollers! ! Practice that shot for an hour to dial in the distance and amaze your friends one day on the course.

If you wanna win an easy bet, bet anyone you can throw farther than them using the same disc, pick the Stego, have them go first. Then throw your shot upside down and watch it fly past their throw.

Our Plastic Blends

Amber: Amber plastic has the same exact properties and benefits of our Armor plastic. Only difference being that it is a translucent plastic rather than Armors solid color.

Armor: Armor is our most durable premium plastic, it provides players with a disc that will retain it's off the shelf stability for a long time. Armor plastic tends to increase the overall stability of a mold. Our blend is similar to other companies' premium offerings and it tends to dome up more than our other flavors.

Chalk RFF: The best feeling "soft" plastic on the market. Chalk RFF, or "really freakin' flexible" as Gateway has dubbed, is the perfect flexibility if you like softer feeling putters. We took the classic gummy blends of Gateway and supercharged it with a heavy dose of chalk. It's grip you can see! Our discs fly amazingly well in Chalk RFF and while flexible, their stability is on par with the stiffer plastic offerings.

Eraser: Eraser plastic is very similar to our Fossil Flex blend in terms of flexibility. But where Eraser plastic differs is that it has a gummy/grippy feel to it rather than the gritty chalky feel of our Fossil blend.

Fossil: Our signature plastic blend. Fossil was developed to mimic the vaunted plastic of disc golf yesteryear. It is firm, tight & always molds up flat. You will find that Fossil wears slowly and evenly, giving you the ability to "season" your discs into a sweet spot. Fossil plastic has received rave reviews online and is by far our most popular blend.

Fossil Flex: Features the same gritty plastic feel as our Fossil blend with a bit more rubbery hand feel in a more flexible package. They are comparable to a Gateway SS.

Fossil Fuel: This plastic is very similar to its predecessor Fossil plastic. Fossil Fuel provides a slightly more flexible hand feel, increased grip off the shelf and a splash of color vs. standard Fossil. If Fossil is just a little too firm for your style, give Fossil Fuel a try!

Fossil Super Flex: Fossil Super Flex (FSF) is some of the most flexible plastic we have ever made. We took our flagship chalk plastic and mixed it with Gateway's 4S plastic to give it a chalky yet gummy blend that will feel great in your hand and stick to the chains or ground.

Tar Pit: Our sticky putting blend! Tar Pit provides players with a great combination of grippy texture and retained rigidity. While Tar Pit isn't an overly soft blend, it hits and sticks with the best of them. Tar Pit while grab a link and never let go!

I love my chalk Serpents like few other discs, but do you guys have any plans to do Serp runs in armor? After throwing a Scale in fossil and then in armor, it's kind of become an obsession to get my hands on more of my favorite molds in armor plastic.

Very glad to have scooped up a tar pit stego also, have been throwing it a ton and screw what Drew Gibson says, that disc ROCKS! Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

I think the funniest takeaway from the Gibson video is that RDG makes two fantastic putters, but the best-seller is the Stego? That's hysterical.

I think the funniest takeaway from the Gibson video is that RDG makes two fantastic putters, but the best-seller is the Stego? That's hysterical.

I do wonder how far he could have thrown a Serp. That seems much more like a Drew style disc.