• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Stego: 3, 0, +1, 4

Bringing this bad boy back into discussion.

Somewhat surprisingly, I've been using the Stego more and more over the last year. I play primarily heavily wooded golf (Hidden Ridge, Idlewild, Banklick/Lincoln Ridge, etc.) and the Stego has become a go to disc. Its ability to carve out some crazy twisting/curving shots allows me to get creative. It's my go to "get out of jail" disc and I sometimes even use it for approaches because I feel like I can control the distance at which it'll just dump straight to the ground and stick.

I mostly throw it like a baseball pitcher with a 3/4 delivery, kind of a mix of overhand and forehand. The thing will curve left, hook up, then just dump to the right. I'm actually a bit surprised at the distance you can get when you throw full power at that angle.

I'm likely going to pick up a premium plastic version to try soon. The base level plastic has cloverleafed pretty good from tree hits but it doesn't seem to change the flight characteristics.

I'm likely going to pick up a premium plastic version to try soon. The base level plastic has cloverleafed pretty good from tree hits but it doesn't seem to change the flight characteristics.

I have a few. Some are basically mangled. Still fly exactly the same
It's really a remarkable disc

Picked up an Amber Stego. They may as well have just named it ste cause this thing goes nowhere. I've used it a good bit on some wild flex shots/non turn OH'd and lots of get outta jail shots, this thing is nuts haha

Dave ran us a fresh batch of Stego this week!

We have Fossil & Tar Pit this run.

The Fossils turned out board flat, super stiff & have the classic chalky feel.

The Tar Pit is incredibly tacky and quite flexible. It also has great rebound from tree hits.

Both are still ridiculously OS and perfect for scrambling up to the basket and sneaking lines through the woods.

These are stamped and will launch early next week.

Attachments

• 20200222_131529.jpg
    20200222_131529.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200222_131518.jpg
    20200222_131518.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 62

The Tar Pit is incredibly tacky and quite flexible. It also has great rebound from tree hits.

Both are still ridiculously OS and perfect for scrambling up to the basket and sneaking lines through the woods.

Please tell me there are some(TarPit) in bright colors....

and some lighter weights....

Mmmmmm flexpit Stego... want that please.

Very much want. I like everything about the armor Stego except the massive skips.

FYI these Tar Pit Stego are killer.

Insanely grip and have phenomenal rebound when bent and warped.

These are awesome approach discs when the wind is blowing right at you.

Honestly I feel like that super flexy plastic is so perfect for the stego. Definitely picking one up!

FYI these Tar Pit Stego are killer.

Insanely grip and have phenomenal rebound when bent and warped.

These are awesome approach discs when the wind is blowing right at you.

One constructive criticism though- you've got to get PayPal and other payment methods included on your checkout. You've got Apple Pay, but that's it. I know filling fields and CC info is a small nitpick, but small inconveniences can lead to lazy shoppers simply buying them from elsewhere that makes it simpler.

One constructive criticism though- you've got to get PayPal and other payment methods included on your checkout. You've got Apple Pay, but that's it. I know filling fields and CC info is a small nitpick, but small inconveniences can lead to lazy shoppers simply buying them from elsewhere that makes it simpler.

You're right.

My cousin actually runs RDG now, I'm just a promoter and advisor now lol.

I'll let him know that folks RE not pleased with our available payment options.

Thanks for the input!

One constructive criticism though- you've got to get PayPal and other payment methods included on your checkout....

absolutely. yesterday i wanted to order a coral tarpit stego, created my account, checked prize and shipping costs to germany, just to find out there's no way i can pay atm. lol
come on, take my money! ;-)

You're right.

My cousin actually runs RDG now, I'm just a promoter and advisor now lol.

I'll let him know that folks RE not pleased with our available payment options.

Thanks for the input!

Not pleased may be a bit harsh, just trying to help. I love RDG!!

Drew Gibson throwing and talking about the Stego at 6:30 and talking a little more about it at 9:10.

https://youtu.be/k0xQHlFWnpM

That was hilarious......the dude crushed every other putter 450' plus and couldn't even hit 300' with the stego. That thing was looking for dirt the instant it left Drew's hand. And we all know he throws pretty far....

This should really deter me from wanting one, knowing it'll be absolutely useless to me. Which.... really makes me want to order one!!

It IS useless. But, I love it.

EXTREME anhyzer forehand flexes is my main use for the disc. That and forehand rollers. It's like a nice 2.1 inch mountain bike tire.

I very much like the Tar Pit Stego over the Fossil.